Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB: OJ flights MAD-NYC-MAN £194

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Epicura
I don't know about my fellow FT'ers but honestly I'm totally fed up with your CONSTANT referral of a certain blog. The link between you and this blog was already exposed in another thread but did not result in any change of your posts or what so ever.

I'm going to report your post as inappropriate since your only purpose seems to be generating traffic to a blog...

And yes, this deal is on EVERY European blog.

Have a good day!
And yet you opened up a thread started by someone you're fed up with and then went on a school girl tattle tale rant. Pot/kettle? You're an adult, right?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:31 am

It seems to me that the OP was following the correct procedure for sharing a good deal from a blog. The link itself was rather unobtrusive, as well.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I am so glad that this blog is being mentioned here as I for one would not have found it ..I find it very acceptable for this blog to be mentioned and very appropriate and helpful to members ..

Also your threat to report the matter as inappropriate only makes people not want to share information they find .. .That is a very bad thing for all our members and especially the newer members like me who appreciate this information ..we are on this site to share information and appreciate this FT'ers posts
This is a great deal, it is posted here, and I'm happy for that. Maybe it was posted all over the blogs buts it's the first I've seen it posted here?

Thanks OP
great deal ... thanks & I am glad you have posted here or I would have not known of this.
It seems to me that the OP was following the correct procedure for sharing a good deal from a blog. The link itself was rather unobtrusive, as well.
Thanks for the encouraging words...
I will continue to post deals on here if it hasn't been done so already. If it's from a particular blog, then i will reference it as they have put the hard work in to find the deal and they deserve the credit.
Also I imagine many people prefer to click their direct link to the deal rather than visiting multiple OTAs and inputting the itinerary.

Btw the open-jaw deal is also available to Dallas for £221...
http://www.secretflying.com/2014/12/...ts-dallas-221/

Old Dec 14, 2014, 11:57 am

To all the ignorants

My comment is NOT about sharing a good deal (yes, it is a good deal!) and giving credit to a blog where the deal was published. In fact, if a deal is on a blog or not, I would encourage everybody to share a good deal, that's the idea behind this forum.

The issue is about the fact that OP ONLY posts deals that could be found on a certain blog and that readers actually have to CLICK on the link to know the details of the deal.

Just have an objective look at all his posts (see prior page) and judge for yourself. By clicking on the provided link, somebody is making $$$$.

This is clearly a violation of the T&C of this forum and against the spirit of FT.

Posting a deal with all the necessary details and just referring to blog x, without creating a link, would be the right thing to do. This is in case of OP NEVER the case.

If he posts a deal, there is always a quid pro quo.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:34 pm

My comment is NOT about sharing a good deal (yes, it is a good deal!) and giving credit to a blog where the deal was published. In fact, if a deal is on a blog or not, I would encourage everybody to share a good deal, that's the idea behind this forum.

The issue is about the fact that OP ONLY posts deals that could be found on a certain blog and that readers actually have to CLICK on the link to know the details of the deal.

Just have an objective look at all his posts (see prior page) and judge for yourself. By clicking on the provided link, somebody is making $$$$.

This is clearly a violation of the T&C of this forum and against the spirit of FT.

Posting a deal with all the necessary details and just referring to blog x, without creating a link, would be the right thing to do. This is in case of OP NEVER the case.

If he posts a deal, there is always a quid pro quo.
It sounds like you have anger management issues. They have help for that these days. Seriously, get over yourself already!
Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:44 pm
Suspended

If you want to click the blog link, then click it. If you don't, then don't click it.

Stop making a problem out of nothing Epicura.
I think most people here have had enough of your rant. Keep it to yourself
Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: SQ
Now now. I'm all in support of an original blog that provides original content. This fare was lifted from another place to this blog. The blogger deserves ZERO credit for finding this fare.

That being said, there are plenty of combinations available, and the fare is bookable directly on IB.com. Just think of anywhere IB flies and try out different OJ combinations.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Actually, Epicura is correct. Other members have had their post edited and blog links removed doing exactly what the OP does.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
In this forum there is a huge disdain for bloggers who expose tricks/strikes etc.

As as result, there is an unwritten spirit of NOT sharing/linking/promoting such blogs.
I believe there is also a WRITTEN policy against doing what the newbie OP is doing.

Funny how mostly newbies who have put ZERO efforts and contributions to this board support the OP the most.

I bet once you have put in effort, time and energy to find deals and share them here, you will sign a different tune. Until, then, post less and find more.

ETA, with the exception of mauibaby, the combined post count of the 5 people who support the OP doesn't even exceed 300. Earn your stripes and then you have a voice. Until then it is just background noise.

Last edited by Deltahater; Dec 14, 2014 at 1:36 pm
Old Dec 14, 2014, 1:45 pm

I don't know about my fellow FT'ers but honestly I'm totally fed up with your CONSTANT referral of a certain blog. The link between you and this blog was already exposed in another thread but did not result in any change of your posts or what so ever.

I'm going to report your post as inappropriate since your only purpose seems to be generating traffic to a blog...

And yes, this deal is on EVERY European blog.

Have a good day!
+3
Old Dec 14, 2014, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: *A
He just needs to put the web address in his signature line, a la Delta Points and no problem.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater
In this forum there is a huge disdain for bloggers who expose tricks/strikes etc.

As as result, there is an unwritten spirit of NOT sharing/linking/promoting such blogs.
I believe there is also a WRITTEN policy against doing what the newbie OP is doing.

Funny how mostly newbies who have put ZERO efforts and contributions to this board support the OP the most.

I bet once you have put in effort, time and energy to find deals and share them here, you will sign a different tune. Until, then, post less and find more.

ETA, with the exception of mauibaby, the combined post count of the 5 people who support the OP doesn't even exceed 300. Earn your stripes and then you have a voice. Until then it is just background noise.
Or maybe we could be a group of 80 year old men with millions of miles under our belts, who live a life offline rather than racking up 5k plus posts? It sounds like you've allowed the Internet to jade you. I feel sorry for you...
Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Deltahater

I am not sure exactly you are saying here. It appears that the OP violated FT policy by not putting enough info into the original post so that one could easily find the deal without going to the blog link. To me, the info is what is important, not whether you have to go to an external link. But I understand that FT policy, and am OK with it.

But you also make the following statement: "In this forum there is a huge disdain for bloggers who expose tricks/strikes etc." I don't get this. So you are saying that the exposure of a mistake fare, or something like it, is wrong, be it on a blog or on FT? If so, I don't agree, as this is the sort of info I am looking for on FT, and I don't really care whether it originates on a blog or not.

And before you go after me as being another "newbie" who doesn't count for anything in my opinion, yes, I am new to FT (less than a year), but I have also found and posted three pretty good fare deals since I joined (with many FT folks taking advantage of my posted fares), so I think I am entitled to give an opinion here.

But perhaps I don't understand what you are saying, if so, please clarify a bit. Thanks.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by Paul5795
I am not sure exactly you are saying here. It appears that the OP violated FT policy by not putting enough info into the original post so that one could easily find the deal without going to the blog link. To me, the info is what is important, not whether you have to go to an external link. But I understand that FT policy, and am OK with it.

But you also make the following statement: "In this forum there is a huge disdain for bloggers who expose tricks/strikes etc." I don't get this. So you are saying that the exposure of a mistake fare, or something like it, is wrong, be it on a blog or on FT? If so, I don't agree, as this is the sort of info I am looking for on FT, and I don't really care whether it originates on a blog or not.

And before you go after me as being another "newbie" who doesn't count for anything in my opinion, yes, I am new to FT (less than a year), but I have also found and posted three pretty good fare deals since I joined (with many FT folks taking advantage of my posted fares), so I think I am entitled to give an opinion here.

But perhaps I don't understand what you are saying, if so, please clarify a bit. Thanks.
Let me elaborate:

Most bloggers expose tricks/hints/strikes that they did not find themselves for financial gain. The general majority of posters on here does not like that. You work hard to find a strike or a construction, share it with likeminded people on FT. Then a greedy, eyeball hungry, click horny blogger picks up your strike, increases traffic to his site by 500% for 2 days and kills the strike due to overexposure. That ticks off the contributors of this forum.

Sharing mistake fares on FT is completely different than on a blog.

Most of these naive, new FT members have no context and understanding of how blogs and posts will be used by airlines to retaliate. (e.g. LX-RGN)

The issue is also where it originates from. In 99% of the cases the blogger did not generate the deal. He stole it from somewhere and then uses it for personal financial gain. That is what we take issue with.

I challenge all the pro-blogger posters to actually put some work in and find their own deal and post that. Oh wait, that is too much work for most of them
Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
IB: OJ flights MAD-NYC-MAN £194

Such a freaking scandal this turned out to be Jesus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.