VX: IAD-LAX-DAL $66.60 in coach (1.9cpm); IAD-SFO-DAL $256.60 in first

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2014, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold

Thie first-class fare has been a deal at ~$460 for first but now it's down to $256. Any day that WAS-DAL one way is $59 in coach, it looks like F w/ the "connection" in SFO/LAX is $256.60.

Coach is nuts - February 4, for example, IAD-LAX-DAL is $66.60.

Not worthwhile as a MR for VX's own (revenue-based) program but there may be partner opportunities. Not sure how to check fare class for coach fares on VX website.

Extremely useful fare for me as I often take triangular trips WAS-SFO/LAX-DAL-WAS. I just booked several of these for next year.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 4:36 pm

Did you book them on VX's site? Couldn't duplicate OW route of IAD-LAX-DAL...
Old Dec 13, 2014, 4:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
hmmm hidden city ticketing jumps out if you ask me at least on the outbound

one would have to get back though

that said and done, I cannot recreate

Last edited by TrojanHorse; Dec 13, 2014 at 4:49 pm
Old Dec 13, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
VX's price changes when clicking through from Google Flights, but PL does not. Good find, OP, wish I could use it somehow.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
Did you book them on VX's site? Couldn't duplicate OW route of IAD-LAX-DAL...
Yes, everything on VX's site. Do a one-way from WAS/All Airports to DAL. I just tried it at 6:22 p.m. Central time and it worked.

Click continue, scroll down the calendar, click for example February 10.

Also, these appear to be going now -- on some days, the first class fare is up from $257/67/77 to $711. On other days, a $127 coach fare has replaced the $66 fare.

Old Dec 13, 2014, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
hmmm hidden city ticketing jumps out if you ask me at least on the outbound
Probably not worth the risk doing that more than once though - the lowest I've seen a normal (first class) one-way IAD-LAX go for is $800ish, so if this $257 pricing is not intentional, they might put a stop to rampant hidden-city/throwaway ticketing when they notice a pattern.

I would note though, that one can comply with every explicit letter of VX's rules and do the following if you wanted a full day/night in LAX/SFO:
-book a morning IAD-LAX/SFO with a short layover before the LAX/SFO-DAL flight
-upon arrival at LAX/SFO, stop by the desk on the way out and pay $35 to change the LAX/SFO flight to the last flight of the day to DAL
-miss that flight, call and standby for the first flight to DAL the next morning (no further standby or same-day confirmed change is available beyond that)
Old Dec 13, 2014, 5:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Probably not worth the risk doing that more than once though - the lowest I've seen a normal (first class) one-way IAD-LAX go for is $800ish, so if this $257 pricing is not intentional, they might put a stop to rampant hidden-city/throwaway ticketing when they notice a pattern.
why not, if you don't fly VX at all, if you don't input a FF # then you will be fine. I can't see people doing this a lot but there is almost zero risk for those who don't input a FF # and are not VX fliers.

The real good deal is $69 one way, get off at LAX and then do a one way award back.

You would get a RT to LAX for 12,500 miles plus ~$69
Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:44 am

Thanks for the heads up! Grabbed a mid-January date for $257 first class IAD->LAX->DAL (SFO was over $1k for my date, though)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.