Aa: Lax-dca-dfw-hkg-dfw-dca-lax $917, 23177, 3.95cpm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aa: Lax-dca-dfw-hkg-dfw-dca-lax $917, 23177, 3.95cpm

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Actually it's only $8 more for DCA on the return. You can also go DCA-ORD-LAX or DCA-DFW-LAX for more.

I have friends in HKG and my brother lives 5 minutes from DCA, so this would be the perfect MR for me but I won't be doing it. That is A LOT of time in coach.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by DL172
Thanks Skunker! I will look into that.

Is anyone actually going to be doing this?
Even better deal here. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23843955-post162.html
Old Nov 15, 2014, 3:53 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Couldn't find anything I could use, but

Did hold SFO-DFW-HKG 3/18 and return HKG-DFW-SFO 6/17 for $952.90 all in. On aa.com of course.

Last edited by rbAA; Nov 15, 2014 at 3:53 am Reason: No reason
Old Nov 15, 2014, 7:47 am

I don't think I'll be taking this one up, because it requires overnights in both directions at DCA. On the inbound also requires a change to IAD. I used ITA Matrix. Pretty wide open for January. I'm sure someone will be able to use this.

Thanks. Would you help me out with ITA Matrix coding?
I don't know what to enter where.
Thanks.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Tag-team this with a US Air Platinum Challenge and you'll have a decent shot at upgrading some of the domestic legs, lounge access throughout, and Platinum status for a year afterwards, for an added $600.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yvrgary
Tag-team this with a US Air Platinum Challenge and you'll have a decent shot at upgrading some of the domestic legs, lounge access throughout, and Platinum status for a year afterwards, for an added $600.
Yea, that would be the whole point of this mileage run. The reason why I'm doing it. There are plenty of easier options by using one world. I need to do the US Air Challenge.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zznoname
Thanks. Would you help me out with ITA Matrix coding?
I don't know what to enter where.
Thanks.
Yea of course. Surprisingly, this is actually an easy coding. Underneath where you would type lax or hkg, type just dca.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA EXP
Originally Posted by skunker
nvm, managed to get it.

Last edited by combiblock; Nov 15, 2014 at 4:33 pm
Old Nov 15, 2014, 5:05 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Tough UPG though

Keep in mind that the DFW-HKG-DFW route is a tough UPG, as the flights lately have been full in FC and Business, probably due to the previous $2700 I fares (then raised to about $3700) for this route. Pretty empty in the back though.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
Only if it's the same flight number for both segments.
I just got back from 137/137 DCA-DFW-HKG and 138/138 HKG-DFW-DCA and received credit for both legs: 1192 for DCA-DFW and 8111 for DFW-HKG.

The only issue I had with booking the same flight numbers is that they had serious issues processing the complimentary domestic upgrade and SWU separately. The EXP agent said she had split the PNR and processed them separately but despite my SWU not clearing on either direction -- the gate agent said I should have cleared on the domestic legs but she wasn't sure what had happened since I wasn't even on the waitlists despite addressing the issue in both HKG as well at the AC at DFW.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by dwei
I just got back from 137/137 DCA-DFW-HKG and 138/138 HKG-DFW-DCA and received credit for both legs: 1192 for DCA-DFW and 8111 for DFW-HKG.

The only issue I had with booking the same flight numbers is that they had serious issues processing the complimentary domestic upgrade and SWU separately. The EXP agent said she had split the PNR and processed them separately but despite my SWU not clearing on either direction -- the gate agent said I should have cleared on the domestic legs but she wasn't sure what had happened since I wasn't even on the waitlists despite addressing the issue in both HKG as well at the AC at DFW.
Breaking the PNR for upgrades is probably why you got credit for both legs. OT: the single flight number upgrade issue has been going on for years. I'm surprised they haven't fixed it.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:47 am
Original Poster

This guy just completely plagiarized this thread I started:

http://travelcodex.com/2014/11/acqui...e-mileage-run/

I have no problem for people copying this post for their own personal use. I absolutely object and never have given permission, nor do I believe this individual obtained permission from flyertalk, (which is the entity I've licensed this posting to according to terms) to use the material and content in this thread for their own material gain.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:15 am

Welcome to the blogosphere: take someone else's ideas and re-blog them as your own. You do the heavy lifting and they reap the payment.

It should be noted that his is on DL. I noticed the same flights when I was on google flights looking for the AA ones.

This blog post actually directs people to this thread. http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...re-lets-do-it/

Last edited by skunker; Nov 17, 2014 at 11:21 am
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skunker
Welcome to the blogosphere: take someone else's ideas and re-blog them as your own.

It should be noted that his is on DL. I noticed the same flights when I was on google flights looking for the AA ones.
Yes, I note his is DL. He does say that he was looking at AA/US and found this. It took me hours to find this routing. I want as many people as possible to know, but I would like some credit.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:22 am

Yes, I note his is DL. He does say that he was looking at AA/US and found this. It took me hours to find this routing. I want as many people as possible to know, but I would like some credit.
See my edit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.