Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: MSP-EAT (Wenatchee, WA) as low as ~$142ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: MSP-EAT (Wenatchee, WA) as low as ~$142ai

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by cliburn
Looks dead now.... a few more dates showed up on ITA, but DL.com errors out and DL does not show up on Orbitz.
You should look harder. Wide open dates in April.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
your best bet is to fly to SEA and drive to EAT for the flight. if you have access to AS miles, you could also look at booking within WA flights for 7.5K miles one way, which would open up GEG, EUG, etc.
You can also use 4.5K BA miles, one way for SEA-EAT. If any of you are driving to or from Seattle in the summer, I suggest WA Hwy 20, beautiful lake and mountain scenery. Excellent deal.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by cliburn
Looks dead now.... a few more dates showed up on ITA, but DL.com errors out and DL does not show up on Orbitz.

Leave MSP on 1/12 and return on 1/14 is still available.

I actually booked this for 2/15 as a one way ($73) and will just get off the plane in SEA and return on 2/18. I booked a one way ticket from SEA >> MSP for $163. Not as good a deal, but still worth it to check out Seattle for a few days since I've never been there.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: LatinPass MM, HH Diamond, NW Platinum, Delta DM MM, SPG
So I was having problems getting my seats to stay at the exit row ... Delta could not get anything switched so I called Alaska Air. Turns out the agent I talked with was at the EAT location and I found out that the airport does close over night and no one can stay there.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Looks like they've finally fixed it. Too bad I only bothered to buy one!
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: Delta DM 2 Million Miler, Hilton DM, Priority Club Platinum
DL: MSP-EAT (Wenatchee, WA) as low as ~$142ai

Originally Posted by TexasYankee
Delta could not get anything switched so I *called* Alaska Air.
Maybe thats why they caught on when they looked at the fare price
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
It looks that way to me too... Tears
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: LatinPass MM, HH Diamond, NW Platinum, Delta DM MM, SPG
Originally Posted by anbhc
Maybe thats why they caught on when they looked at the fare price
ooops! what was I thinking.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I don't understand why your seat assignment for a 20min flight was so critical that you called both airlines!!!!
Old Nov 17, 2014, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I don't understand why your seat assignment for a 20min flight was so critical that you called both airlines!!!!
I too share this bewilderment.

Is the bold "DO NOT CALL THE AIRLINES" not easy enough to read?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Wait! Internet troll TYLER said it was one of my blogs that killed this deal. Now it is your fault?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
+1
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Delta Points
Wait! Internet troll TYLER said it was one of my blogs that killed this deal. Now it is your fault?
I don't think anyone knows what you're talking about

Sounds like you're trolling
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Ex Plat, DL Dropout from Skymiles 2015
I've never seen someone so aggressive and also so universally disliked in this community. Yes, you continually stealing from FT does kill deals faster and might discourage Coke and Taco from posting great deals.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:12 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by iahphx
Yup! Never heard of Wenatchee or that classic "EAT" code. Is this an Essential Air Service (subsidized) market? Hard to imagine a need for an airport there (small town 75 miles east of SEA).
*sigh* Let me (as an EAT-born and raised individual) enlighten those of you who have purchased tickets to Pangborn Airport. (Named after Clyde Pangborn, who flew--along with Hugh Herndon--the first TransPacific nonstop flight in 1931, from Misawa Beach in Japan to Wenatchee (though his original intended destination was Seattle).

Wenatchee is 98 air miles from Seattle--so usually a flight time of 23-27 minutes, and by car is 150-170 miles from SEA depending on which route you take. Be sure that if you're attempting a drive between these two points in the winter, it'll be a good idea to have chains in your rental car. You'll have to cross one or two mountain passes depending on the route you select.

The greater Wenatchee area has a population of 60,000 so not exactly a small town, but not huge either. SEA-EAT is not an EAS market. Horizon used to have as many as 5 flights a day into and out of EAT to SEA, but with the Dash 8-200's being replaced by Q400s, there are now only 3 or 4 depending on the time of year. Many of the areas residents will pay the extra to fly in and out of EAT because of the distance to SEA, and the fact that parking at EAT is dirt cheap. Once one figures the time/gas/parking and possible hotel to fly in or out of SEA or GEG, it is a wash.

Wenatchee is located along the Columbia River and prides itself as "The Apple Capital of the World", and the Wenatchee World, the local newspaper in its mast adds to that, "and buckle of the power belt of the Pacific Northwest" There are two large hydroelectric dams within 15 miles each direction of the city.

Wenatchee is a very conservative city--quite possibly the most conservative in the state, none of this Puget Sound/Seattle based liberal stuff I did 18 years there, and in my opinion, the best view of Wenatchee is in the rear view mirror of my car. But that's just me. Some of my high school classmates can't imagine living anywhere else, so it works for them.

I'm a non-skier, so I can't comment on the quality of the skiing at Mission Ridge. Friends who have skied there, said that its decent and can be cheaper than some of the larger ski areas in the state.

(please note that I am not employed or endorsed by the Wenatchee Visitors and Convention Bureau...not that they would endorse anything I'd say. ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.