Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL: MSP-EAT (Wenatchee, WA) as low as ~$142ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL: MSP-EAT (Wenatchee, WA) as low as ~$142ai

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
Thanks OP... just saw this thread.... late but I am in for 3 one day turns in 2015. Only date I saw in 2014 (overnight) I could not make.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by vcflyertalk
I booked Feb 6-7 for $147 too. Trying to position from NYC, and it's expensive. Unfortunately, delta flights are more than $400, so Flex points not really good option.. Anyone have any good ideas on how to think about this? I might cancel the trip by midnight..
your best bet is to fly to SEA and drive to EAT for the flight. if you have access to AS miles, you could also look at booking within WA flights for 7.5K miles one way, which would open up GEG, EUG, etc.

if i end up doing this trip I will fly EAT-SEA-MSP-SEA and drop the last SEA-EAT segment and fly home from SEA. but at current SEA-SMF prices it's a non starter. SMF-SEA routinely goes on sale for $59-79, but i worry about the SEA-EAT segment and i don't feel like driving one way to get to EAT to start the ticket. the fare is a great deal, but not good enough to justify that...particularly for someone like me who will struggle more with MQD than MQM next year. and, crediting to AS, there isn't any B fare bonus EQM either.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
your best bet is to fly to SEA and drive to EAT for the flight. if you have access to AS miles, you could also look at booking within WA flights for 7.5K miles one way, which would open up GEG, EUG, etc.

if i end up doing this trip I will fly EAT-SEA-MSP-SEA and drop the last SEA-EAT segment and fly home from SEA. but at current SEA-SMF prices it's a non starter. SMF-SEA routinely goes on sale for $59-79, but i worry about the SEA-EAT segment and i don't feel like driving one way to get to EAT to start the ticket. the fare is a great deal, but not good enough to justify that...particularly for someone like me who will struggle more with MQD than MQM next year. and, crediting to AS, there isn't any B fare bonus EQM either.
Thanks for the advice. I was able to find a decent flight jfk to sea 2/24-2/25 (redeye on 25th), which would have allowed for same day turn eat-sea-msp-sea. 9789 mqm for $493 = 5.0 cpm. In the end though I think I'm going to cancel my original msp-eat-msp ticket and hold off for a different MR.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
can someone post some exact dates/routings? Having trouble pulling any of these up, mainly interested in any same day turns, tho can always stay a night.

Originally Posted by yohanson
Damn! Just booked MSP-SEA-EAT-SEA-SLC-MSP on a B fare for $151 with an overnight in EAT earning 6120 MQMs. That's 2.5 CPM.
what dates? i cant reproduce this
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:02 pm

April 23 and 24. You can do day trips. Read past posts for all the open dates.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I just did a combo ATL-GEG//EAT-MSP. Wonder how nice the drive is between the two?
No significant mountain passes, so that's good if you're going in winter. Two-lane highway, and not green at all most of the way, but I find the landscape gets interesting after Coulee City (going west).
Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PP, Hilton Diamond
But in 2015, medallion qualification is not changing any right? At least until Delta decides it needs to be even more difficult to achieve.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by durango67
But in 2015, medallion qualification is not changing any right? At least until Delta decides it needs to be even more difficult to achieve.
mileage/segment medallion thresholds are not changing. spend is bumping up to 3/6/9/12K as previously announced for FO/GM/PM/DM respectively.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:26 am

My current "My Delta" screen (now in 2014) already has Diamond MQDs set at 12,500 - not sure what is changing from 2014 to 2015 for a diamond with respect to earning status (not miles earning).
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by durango67
My current "My Delta" screen (now in 2014) already has Diamond MQDs set at 12,500 - not sure what is changing from 2014 to 2015 for a diamond with respect to earning status (not miles earning).
Best thing to do is get the (Delta Plat or reserve) AMex card and put the charges on that. Makes it easy not to worry about the revenue spend.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:40 am

I dont have any problems easily exceeding the MQD requirement as it is set now. Since work requires Corp Amex I can't use a personal Delta or other card to do the MQD waiver. I have a Delta Plat card but can't use it for work trips.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by wspfan
I don't see a $158 fare from ATL to YYC.
It's o/w.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
I'm overnighting on Jan 12th,23rd, and Feb 6th if anyone is interested in sharing cabs or rooms PM me.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 2:43 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
I'm overnighting on Jan 12th,23rd, and Feb 6th if anyone is interested in sharing cabs or rooms PM me.
I'm actually heading up for a weekend getaway with the lady friend on the 23rd
Old Nov 16, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
Looks dead now.... a few more dates showed up on ITA, but DL.com errors out and DL does not show up on Orbitz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.