Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AB: TXL-JFK return 293 Euro

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) OP's deal is gone.

2) Why deny that OPODO's prices vary according to payment methods?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:51 am

I think it is Right Place for TXL
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by sonofzeus
2) Why deny that OPODO's prices vary according to payment methods?
I don't believe anyone was...the only denial was that the price was only available using Entropay.

Originally Posted by DLDFW
I picked "VISA" in dropdown and the price remained constant, am I missing something? I didn't buy it yet
Originally Posted by Palmer
I found it for €280 with MasterCard Debit.

Palmer
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:49 am

Darn it, could have really used this. Now 440
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:16 am

Went to almost every blog out there in matter of a few hours.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I don't believe anyone was...the only denial was that the price was only available using Entropay.
May I suggest that EURO OTA fare deals be quoted with the associated payment method(s)?

USA vendors don't have this variability. (...and I hope they never do)
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are too many OTAs to make such a suggestion viable. And their fees can vary (quite drastically) from time to time.

Choice of vendor and payment type is up to the consumer, anyway. If a €7,50 charge makes you change your mind about booking a ticket, well, that's just for you to decide. If you have a preferred OTA (as I usually do, based on whichever OTA currently charges nothing/the same for Amex) then just use your preferred vendor. If they can't match the price - then even elsewhere, paying a payment fee, you're still getting the ticket for cheaper - right?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:52 am

Intersting to see how "long" it takes to get on the blogs, has been published on a very famous German blog at 5am (local time)
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
There are too many OTAs to make such a suggestion viable. And their fees can vary (quite drastically) from time to time.
Really?

OP's link goes to KAYAK.de which clearly shows this low price is only available via OPODO.

We don't learn the "fine print" without clicking through to OPODO.

Shouldn't the burden of full disclosure be carried by OP?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really don't see what your problem is.

You made a suggestion which appeared to be about future behaviour - and now you are talking only about this deal, which as you acknowledge, is now gone.

Why should the OP have been required to state that this was bookable only on Opodo? Why is that information in anyway relevant? If the OP provides enough detail for you to find the deal, then isn't that enough? If booking through Opodo is a problem for you, then fine, but it won't be a problem for many, and a good fare is still a good fare, even if you don't have the type of card necessary to escape the higher booking fees.

Not all fares are only available through a single OTA, anyway.

If you use one of the comparison sites like kayak or skyscanner, you can make up your mind which of the various OTAs to book from, based on your own preferences, if this is information that is so important for you to decide whether a good deal/mistake fare is something you want to get in on.

The OP is not a vendor, not a travel agent, they are not selling you the ticket. It is not their responsibility to feed you every last detail, down to the complete list of OTAs where the fare can be bought, together with the fares, charges, and additional conditions added by each of the various OTAs. If you dislike having good deals thrown your way without all the "fine print" being included, then delete your bookmarks, and stop coming here.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Went to almost every blog out there in matter of a few hours.
It's great when you see that they even use the very same dates even though more dates were available.
Funny enough some of the people 'working' for those websites are the ones who earlier complained about leaking deals and now sell them for profit.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Fun whilst it lasted, as they say. Refreshing to see transatlantic MR deals with an origin on this side of the pond, in addition to the many ex-US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.