Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: BAH from various cities (e.g., YVR: $850; CLE: $774; IAD: $690)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] UA: BAH from various cities (e.g., YVR: $850; CLE: $774; IAD: $690)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
Btw, for years I've thought you guys were crazy to MR for miles/status. Now, a day away from 61k miles in 21 days, I'm sure of it! I think everyone who knows me are planning an intervention...
I keep looking at this for this weekend but can't bring myself to pull the trigger.

I'd have to come up with some lie for what I did for the weekend when I got back to work on Monday. "I flew to Kuwait for a few hours and didn't leave the airport" just makes me sound nuts.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:43 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by riphamilton
mind being a little more specific? i'd like to duplicate, but haven't found anything close.
it was booked last year. not sure if you can do it now. i saw it in TFD.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by AeoNKiNG
I'm on these:

IAD-BAH 3/7
BAH-IAD 3/8

This is my first international MR. Anyone else doing these dates? I'm kind of worried I'll walk the wrong way at KWI or BAH and miss my flight!!
you are earning very little redeemable miles and very little PQD!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I keep looking at this for this weekend but can't bring myself to pull the trigger.

I'd have to come up with some lie for what I did for the weekend when I got back to work on Monday. "I flew to Kuwait for a few hours and didn't leave the airport" just makes me sound nuts.
I only told one person I work with and he kind of got it when I explained.

And I did exactly that - flew to Kuwait for about 6 hours and didn't even go through immigration. Just hung out at the Pearl Lounge, took a shower, got some food, etc.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by pbd456
you are earning very little redeemable miles and very little PQD!
Yep! PQD don't matter for me since I'll hit the credit card threshold. And I care about the status much more than redeemable miles.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
BAH will remain a popular MR destination after March 1

Originally Posted by AeoNKiNG
Yep! PQD don't matter for me since I'll hit the credit card threshold. And I care about the status much more than redeemable miles.
I guess that PQM and lifetime BIS miles are the remaining motives for MRs. Most of 1K's that I met during the BAH runs will likely disappear. This means that there will be more lie-flat E+ rows available for future runners.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I guess that PQM and lifetime BIS miles are the remaining motives for MRs. Most of 1K's that I met during the BAH runs will likely disappear. This means that there will be more lie-flat E+ rows available for future runners.
Little OT, but just returning from MR to SIN. Met 5 others doing same thing. Sure there are others but everyone trying to get it done before March 1. No one has anything planned after next week.
Ranks of 1k will seriously thin out in 2016 is my guess
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cargojon
And I did exactly that - flew to Kuwait for about 6 hours and didn't even go through immigration. Just hung out at the Pearl Lounge, took a shower, got some food, etc.
Well I've done it before, but it was due to the EK mistake fare from IAH-KWI last summer. So we had to go to KWI and turn around after spending some time in DXB on the longest layover we could get to price.

Ugh still showing as $940 for tomorrow's departure from IAH with lots of availability (expert mode showing K9 for IAD-KWI). Still tempting for some silly and masochistic reason.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Well I've done it before, but it was due to the EK mistake fare from IAH-KWI last summer. So we had to go to KWI and turn around after spending some time in DXB on the longest layover we could get to price.

Ugh still showing as $940 for tomorrow's departure from IAH with lots of availability (expert mode showing K9 for IAD-KWI). Still tempting for some silly and masochistic reason.
I know the feeling. For some reason I enjoyed mine in some strange way. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if my wife wouldn't kill me. Maybe I'll shove something in around Q4 if I'm on the cusp of requalifying for Plat.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA -1MM, SPG - Lifetime Gold
Anyone doing the run tomorrow night and back on Mon AM? I chickened out on it last weekend due to the snow in DC and went on a MR to OGG instead and moved my ticket to this weekend.

At least one half of the trip will be under the old rules. I'm gunning for MM status this year so am sticking with the MRs until I get there.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag
Little OT, but just returning from MR to SIN. Met 5 others doing same thing. Sure there are others but everyone trying to get it done before March 1. No one has anything planned after next week.
Ranks of 1k will seriously thin out in 2016 is my guess
i am all done for 2015. got 100172 PQM. nothing planned for this year except award ticket. it makes no sense to fly further unless i need to.

i am still quite a far way from MM so i will only do it when there is an exceptional deal next year. not this year since i dont need more than 1k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.