PHL-DPS (Bali) $537 RT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:47 am

14 day minimum stay is a killer.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timid_trnchcoat
Yeah, if there was a world without easy ff miles from credit cards and such, this would be a killer deal. But I'd honestly rather just redeem my miles for a better routing and go whenever I wanted to (like last X-mas).

Also, if you're travelling next year, you're not going to earn a ton of miles for this trip on DL due to the new formula. Would you get full credit with, say, Alaska?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: UA,AC,DL,AA
I can't find the OTA that work.
Any one have a idea?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by oh101
I can't find the OTA that work.
Any one have a idea?
delta.com
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
Hope UA and AA match. And, similar fare from NYC. Wishful thinking?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by YYZC2
Google Flights is no longer giving me a through route to delta.com, instead telling me to call to book. Searching directly with Delta gives me an error.

All OTAs I've tried so far are not pricing correctly.

Any suggestions appreciated...

EDIT: Priceline has it...
So does Orbitz...
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Mandatory 14 day stay in Bali. Life is rough.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by hobo13
Mandatory 14 day stay in Bali. Life is rough.
Even then no one is forcing anyone to stay in Bali the entire time. To go to that part of the world and spend any less than 14 days just really isn't doing it justice.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Even then no one is forcing anyone to stay in Bali the entire time. To go to that part of the world and spend any less than 14 days just really isn't doing it justice.
^^^^
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:10 pm
Used to be highman123

I can see it on ITA but not on Delta/ Orbitz/ Priceline/ Kayak etc. Anyone book this?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
+2. Also don't forget that LCCs like Air Asia serve DPS, so u can go to KUL, SIN, BKK and other places in the region cheaply from DPS. Could also fly to JOG on Java and see Borobudur, go over to Lombok or even try going further afield in Indonesia if 14 days in Bali is too much.

Would also point out that it's below the equator, so seasons are reversed somewhat (August is the best month weather-wise, comparable to January in Thailand). It won't be cold but might be a little wet.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Stopover rules are madbe a tad more lenient than you usually get, though I guess it has to be on the routing and subject to exceptions:

3 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
ONLY AT THE GATEWAY
LIMITED TO 1 FREE AND 2 AT USD 100.00 EACH.
NONE IN JAPAN/MARIANA ISLANDS/GUAM/PALAU
1 FREE IN AREA 3
2 IN AREA 1 IN EACH DIRECTION AT USD 100.00 EACH.
AND - 1 STOPOVER PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT IN HNL AT
USD 200.00.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Originally Posted by RustyC
+2. Also don't forget that LCCs like Air Asia serve DPS, so u can go to KUL, SIN, BKK and other places in the region cheaply from DPS. Could also fly to JOG on Java and see Borobudur, go over to Lombok or even try going further afield in Indonesia if 14 days in Bali is too much.

Would also point out that it's below the equator, so seasons are reversed somewhat (August is the best month weather-wise, comparable to January in Thailand). It won't be cold but might be a little wet.
Also keep in mind that even though pretty much everyone seems to be obsessed with Asian LCC's, there are also some great cheap options available on real airlines and not those cattle wagons that charge for water. From DPS KLM is a great option to SIN for example. LH is a good option around the area and MH often offers fares very close to the LCC's (if you are going to check luggage anyway).
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alec84
Also keep in mind that even though pretty much everyone seems to be obsessed with Asian LCC's, there are also some great cheap options available on real airlines and not those cattle wagons that charge for water. From DPS KLM is a great option to SIN for example. LH is a good option around the area and MH often offers fares very close to the LCC's (if you are going to check luggage anyway).
Yeah, great value in that part of the world right now. I redeemed UA miles last Xmas and flew Singapore to Bali. We bought some other cheap flights with Air Asia and Malaysia. Two weeks is definitely the minimum "logical" time for such a trip. It's just really, really far. And your dollar goes further in Indonesia and Malaysia than just about any country you'd want to visit.

Again, though, for a flyertalker, the question is whether you're better off grabbing this deal or just redeeming miles. I guess that depends on individual circumstances.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
There are ways around that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.