NZ: Australia-LAX from A$771

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Air NZ is fairly stingy with points on cheap fares, so I'm not sure if this can actually be credit anywhere for the cheapest prices, the coupon appears to apply for all fares.

AirNZ is doing their $300 off flights from Australia to LA. Prices as low as A$771 return from MEL, maybe a bit more from SYD/BNE.

Travel outbound 1 Nov - 16 Dec, 23 - 31 Dec 2014, 12 Jan - 22 Feb 2015 and return 1 Nov - 31 Dec 2014, 12 Jan - 14 Mar 2015.

Sample dates : Feb 1 to Feb 8, A$771 (US$675!)

Must be booked via their website - http://www.airnewzealand.com.au/los-angeles-on-sale
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: Alaska, Marriott
Here are the rules on mileage accrual:

"Airpoints™
Eligible for Airpoints Dollars accrual except when purchased with Airpoints Dollars or as a F class (grabaseat) fare

Eligible for Status Points accrual except when purchased with Airpoints Dollars

May not be eligible for accrual of frequent flyer miles/points with airline partners' programmes"
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
a quick look at 12 nov to 22 nov for MEL-AKL-LAX RT (for roughly AUD $1071) shows the MEL-AKL segment in V, and AKL-LAX in K, both of which earn nothing on UA/A3/TK.

terrible MR (unless i am missing a *A partner that will credit a NZ K fare), but definitely a good economy deal.

also i know this is common practice in Oz but to the AUD $30 RT surcharge for using a credit card.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
great deal for NZ service but as mentioned not a great earner. impressed though with the fare given the season of it.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
It's too bad you can't use your NZ based Airpoints on AU Airpoints redemption since NZ$ != AU$

Was hoping to burn off the 310 Airpoints I earned while living in NZ for a trip/or a portion of a trip back to NZ next year.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 4:35 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer
It's too bad you can't use your NZ based Airpoints on AU Airpoints redemption since NZ$ != AU$

Was hoping to burn off the 310 Airpoints I earned while living in NZ for a trip/or a portion of a trip back to NZ next year.
You can but they get converted at Airpoints' NZ:AU exchange rate. Note your airpoints must be sufficient for the base fare excluding taxes & fees - there is no part-payment option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.