Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Geeze! What's with all the HKG fares lately?! can't complain though
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Looks like you can get it for $901 from BOS for 4.9 cpm
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Very tempting. Too bad HKG is such a tough upgrade these days- 16hrs in MCE makes for a long and uncomfortable trip.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
I've been waitlisted on a DFW-HKG upgrade since January, this is by far the hardest upgrade in the system... and 16 hours in MCE, ay ay ay...
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
You can do even better... I had it for $70 less out of JFK in April with an overnight HND/NRT.

Got it just two weeks ago for $611 in Nov out of GSP.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze
I've been waitlisted on a DFW-HKG upgrade since January, this is by far the hardest upgrade in the system... and 16 hours in MCE, ay ay ay...
You, me and a ton of others. There are a few threads talking about how many ExP, using SWUs, sat in the back on that route. Dress comfy.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
For $50 more, it can route thru IAH, SJC, NRT for 19K miles.

ORD-IAH-SJC-NRT-HKG and back with the same routing.

UA codeshare NH for ORD/LAX/SFO/SJC are available for the same price.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Very tempting. Too bad HKG is such a tough upgrade these days- 16hrs in MCE makes for a long and uncomfortable trip.
I was lucky to have booked flights from this month through Feb including 12 DFW-HKG or return segments. The lucky part was that I booked when I could confirm C on all but one segment. Just got back from a SEA-DFW-HKG-BKK long weekend and liked the flight. But not sure there is any way I can bring myself to risk 16 hours in even MCE. Its a long enough flight in the J seats wher e I can lie flat.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mikelat
I was lucky to have booked flights from this month through Feb including 12 DFW-HKG or return segments. The lucky part was that I booked when I could confirm C on all but one segment. Just got back from a SEA-DFW-HKG-BKK long weekend and liked the flight. But not sure there is any way I can bring myself to risk 16 hours in even MCE. Its a long enough flight in the J seats wher e I can lie flat.
I just landed in DFW from HKG. Flew outbound on Sunday and back today.

Upgrades were confirmed a while ago, then I changed dates and EXP shoved them through. Was tempted to cancel as I peeked into MCE and the pax back there looked uncomfortable. Felt bad for the guy in the aisle as he got a full view of pax getting ice cream, reclining, etc.

I may book one of these, but will make sure I have a connection before hitting DFW. That connecting priority for the upgrade may help quite a bit.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
You can do even better... I had it for $70 less out of JFK in April with an overnight HND/NRT.

Got it just two weeks ago for $611 in Nov out of GSP.
Wow, international flight to HK for less than 800? That's amazing.

I'm trying to layover in NRT and it's not letting me do more than 4 days darn it (or letting me return after Nov 26th) and that's for $1000.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, LH, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Platinum, UC
Ua: Ord - sin

Also seems to discount to destinations when hopping through HKG out of ORD. Just found ORD-SIN for $967. Not quite as good at about $.05/mile, but a lot better than what I was seeing this weekend when looking at fares to SIN for an upcoming trip.

Last edited by upupandaway23; Sep 23, 2014 at 9:37 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Just picked up LAX-HKG via DFW for $797 in January. 4.2 CPM isn't the best for a pure mileage run but I can turn it into a vacation and feel a little better about the cost.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1.6 MM
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I just landed in DFW from HKG. Flew outbound on Sunday and back today.

Upgrades were confirmed a while ago, then I changed dates and EXP shoved them through. Was tempted to cancel as I peeked into MCE and the pax back there looked uncomfortable. Felt bad for the guy in the aisle as he got a full view of pax getting ice cream, reclining, etc.

I may book one of these, but will make sure I have a connection before hitting DFW. That connecting priority for the upgrade may help quite a bit.
so in order o get priority on upgrade with SWU one should request the originating flight, in my case LAX-DFW, and that would bump me up the list? I'm doing the flight end of October for a weekend in HKG and then again Thanksgiving on my way to DEL.

I took this flight 3 weeks ago, my return from HKG-DFW was not confirmed until the flight was boarding, when i checked in at the airport I was #6 with 6 empty J, as i was having lunch at the Wing I was dropped to 8 and started stressing and had 3 glasses of champagne to ease the stress, fortunately though i cleared at last minute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.