Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

TK : SFO-IST-BOMBAY/DELHI Rt. from $760 a.i.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AP, UA, AA

Sample date : SFO - BOMBAY April 23-27 $761 a.i.
Sample date : SFO- DELHI April 14-19 $765 a.i.

Bookable on a few sites
Check ITA for dates
1 free stopover
Old Aug 15, 2014, 12:59 am
Suspended

sorry for asking this question, whats "a.i" means ?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:08 am

Programs: AC*SE
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3247 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by Pontus Ahlgren
sorry for asking this question, whats "a.i" means ?
All in
Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
and before you ask , all in means all those horrible taxes and charges are included.

In many countries airlines and agencies are required to show the total, all in, price: but in other places only the pure airfare element is headlined or advertised, and the final ticket cost comes as a surprise.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
Which fare class?

Thanks for posting a great fare on a good airline.

On Turkish promotion fares earn a reduced amount of status miles.

This seems to be bookable on TK's site - that facilitates a seat assignment.

If it books into W, P, F = 25 % earning rate.

Link to TK's site for fare classes & earnings:

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...k-hava-yollari

This is from a recent press release - saying promotional fares can earn some miles.

Earning Miles:

Dear Members: up until now, you were earning Miles based on the cabin of the ticket (i.e. Economy or Business).According to the New Miles&Smiles program, you will now earn Miles based on booking classes.
According to the New Miles&Smiles program, 600 Status Miles will be credited to your account as standard Miles regardless of distance, particularly on domestic flights. For short-distance flights, a standard minimum of 1,000 Miles will be credited to your account, as opposed to 500 miles. Additionally, you will earn less Status Miles on lower promotional classes and more on higher ones.

You can now earn Miles from promotional tickets as well.
Just like Elite and Elite Plus members, Classic Plus members will also be able earn more miles on international flights when they fly Comfort or Business Class .

Summary: Great promotion, but if primarily for status purposes, reduced eqm's due to promotion fare.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:38 am

good find! is there one from February?
Old Aug 15, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus

Unfortunately for me it's not there the other way round.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:45 am
mp2

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by YSL5577
good find! is there one from February?
I believe this is on the newly announced SFO - IST route, which starts in April. (Didn't check in detail though, but am guessing it's linked to that)
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:14 am
Suspended

While the price is undoubtedly good,I fail to see that 760 USD for apr 5000 TK miles,or a grand total of 0 miles to any other program is a MR ??? Its in P/W,which is 25 pct to TK,and zero to other programs,V fares on TK are great for f.instance UA,since they earn 100 pct,but only 50 to TK,but unfortunately P/W earns nothing to other programs,but a measly 25 to TK.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by geirfugl
While the price is undoubtedly good,I fail to see that 760 USD for apr 5000 TK miles,or a grand total of 0 miles to any other program is a MR ??? Its in P/W,which is 25 pct to TK,and zero to other programs,V fares on TK are great for f.instance UA,since they earn 100 pct,but only 50 to TK,but unfortunately P/W earns nothing to other programs,but a measly 25 to TK.
I think they are several of us (myself included) that are new to the MR game and are learning the intricracies the hard way (see my post regarding the EY fare to CMB). We are trying to be helpful but are falling on our faces - please be patient.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Unfortunately for me it's not there the other way round.
It rarely if ever is for international
Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by shawn67
I think they are several of us (myself included) that are new to the MR game and are learning the intricracies the hard way (see my post regarding the EY fare to CMB). We are trying to be helpful but are falling on our faces - please be patient.
This whole MR game will soon be a thing of the past,I think,the intricasies are getting more and more absurd,with fares crediting 25 or 50 pct to the operatng carier and 100 to the partner airline and so onrolleyes:
Maybe its actually for the better.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Why not SFO - IST - HKG for $812 with a free visit to the TK IST lounge to ward off DVT?

SFO - IST - SGN for $891 with an 3 hour turnaround in SGN?!

SFO - IST - CGK for $901

Old Aug 16, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond
Anyone know the cancellation/change fee for these fares? I'm having trouble navigating that on TK's website.

This goes well in to may, and the price is around ~$800 spending including a stopover in Moscow for a couple of days. Good price!
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:41 pm

This $761 fare is in W class, which unfortunately yields NO miles on UA and many other *A mileage programs.

The least expensive mileage earning (on UA) class is V, which is exactly $360 more. At that price point ($1,121 , you can fly UA. Same lousy seats, much worse garbage that passes as food (on UA/Y), flight attendants that you can actually understand (though you may not like what they say) and of course a 'lounge' at EWR, of which, the less said the better.

Last edited by shonamac; Aug 16, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.