Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: ORD-DFW-HKG-CGK (Jakarta) r/t ~$920 in Sept/Oct (4.2 cpm)

AA: ORD-DFW-HKG-CGK (Jakarta) r/t ~$920 in Sept/Oct (4.2 cpm)

Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:04 pm

Does the bonus kick in for only DFW-HKG roundtrips or will a DFW-HKG-CGK-HKG-DFW work fine?
Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
AA: ORD-DFW-HKG-CGK (Jakarta) r/t ~$920 in Sept/Oct (3.41 cpm; 1.88 with P/EP bonus)

As long as you fly DFW-HKG flight and back you will get miles regardless of starting or ending point.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by frebay
When I start at LAX, I can only route via NRT. Any way to get it to route hkg?
You have to do LAX-DFW-HKG-CGK. I tried putting it in PL, AA site, but couldn't make it work, anybody know of a way to but it on OTA or direct?

Last edited by hiima; Aug 8, 2014 at 5:01 pm
Old Aug 8, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hiima
You have to do LAX-DFW-HKG-CGK. I tried putting it in PL, AA site, but couldn't make it work, anybody know of a way to but it on OTA or direct?
What dates are you trying for? Are you searching mutli-city on AA.com and picking by schedule or just lowest price? Have you been able to find it on ITA?

When this was around about a month ago I was able to create the itinerary on AA.com at a high price as it was an S fare. I then called EXP desk and asked them if it N fares were available and they were and it priced back down at the ITA shown prices.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Pretty sweet. What's min stay?
Old Aug 9, 2014, 4:25 am

You shouldn't go that far and not fly into Bali for a few days.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks OP! Found JFK-LAX-DFW-HKG-CGK-HKG-DFW-LAX-JFK for $1225 9/30-10/6
Old Aug 9, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by mikelat
What dates are you trying for? Are you searching mutli-city on AA.com and picking by schedule or just lowest price? Have you been able to find it on ITA?

When this was around about a month ago I was able to create the itinerary on AA.com at a high price as it was an S fare. I then called EXP desk and asked them if it N fares were available and they were and it priced back down at the ITA shown prices.
Found it, had to put every city separately.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Not really unwritten. Mileage running is typically for elite status and not for RDM which can be bought cheaply without flying. Thanks for the great fare post though!
No problem. I have what may be a really stupid question: how do I update a post's title? I can only seem to update the post body...
Old Aug 9, 2014, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Whoops! Nevermind; figured out how to edit post title.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by photoguy989
Also available from PHL for ~$953 on same dates or a few days to either side.
This fare appeared months ago ex-PHL vis ORD/NRT JL codeshares.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP
Is a stopover in HKG possible?
Old Aug 9, 2014, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Is One hour connection doable in HKG?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by myefre
Is One hour connection doable in HKG?
If you already have your connecting boarding pass in hand and your luggage is checked all the way through, then yes I think so. HKG is a quite large airport, but as far as I know, it is all contiguous -- i.e., no separate terminals accessible only by bus or tram. Assuming there are no absurdly long security lines, then if you walk quickly you can make it.

If you don't have your connecting board pass in hand, or if you need to retrieve your checked luggage and recheck it for your connection, then 1hr is definitely not enough, or at least, I personally wouldn't risk it.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kmzandrew
Is a stopover in HKG possible?
Yea, looks like it, but looks like it may increase price. I was able to price this example itinerary out as multi-city on ITA with a few day stopover in HKG for just over $1,000. Note that the return is via NRT, not HKG, so no ASIA2 bonus miles. Price may be lower or higher for other dates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.