Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL SEA-HKG $640 nonstop

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL SEA-HKG $640 nonstop

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaWings
I really want to go in October or November. Tough decision here is whether or not to buy a ticket for a girl I'm casually dating, who would go if we still were at that time, or wait to see if we are, then pay loads more for the ticket.

I'm thinking that losing $650 is better than paying $1k+ more closer in, right?
Its up to you but if its a girl youre not even sure what ur future is with her, why are you even thinking of taking her on a trip? Dont be that guy that gets whipped or feel you need to do extra special things to win her over. Otherwise, u will have to always buy her things.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Thamilton10
I did the flight to Hong Kong in the beginning of July and credited it to Alaska. I received the correct number of miles in my Alaska account and I also received the bonus miles in delta.
So bonus miles cannot go to alaska?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chexfan
Dear United, please match. kthanxbi
Boom! United joins the game.

Thanks for listening! *kiss*.

Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:24 pm

I did the flight to Hong Kong in the beginning of July and credited it to Alaska. I received the correct number of miles in my Alaska account and I also received the bonus miles in delta.
How are you able to do this ? I just finished the trip and have my Alaska mileage plan number in the itinerary.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by su9062
How are you able to do this ? I just finished the trip and have my Alaska mileage plan number in the itinerary.
It shouldn't be possible. To get the Delta 2x miles Seattle promo, your Skymiles number, which is registered to the promo, must be attached to the reservation. You can't credit to two FF programs.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
Thanks to OP for posting this and to The Flight Deal for also showing this out of NYC for slightly higher, I'm doing a true mileage run, the weekend in HKG, basically an overnight stay for out of pocket for $850, and was able to use my GUC's on the way back. I'll get my MQM's of 17K+ and just under 40K RDM's = Diamond again next year, with lots to roll over and I'll be picking the GUC's again.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Just booked it and I'm going to be on DL 281, SEA-HKG, on 10/27, returning on 11/5, also on the nonstop to maximize use of the SEA promo.

I don't fancy spending a week in Hong Kong, so I'll spend 3 or 4 days elsewhere. Debating between Beijing, which I love, or Tokyo, a place I've yet to visit. I could at least fly on DL metal to NRT.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you change the FF number at check in?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Just booked it and I'm going to be on DL 281, SEA-HKG, on 10/27, returning on 11/5, also on the nonstop to maximize use of the SEA promo.

I don't fancy spending a week in Hong Kong, so I'll spend 3 or 4 days elsewhere. Debating between Beijing, which I love, or Tokyo, a place I've yet to visit. I could at least fly on DL metal to NRT.
Just a reminder, I believe you need a visa for Beijing. US visa is sufficient for Hong Kong and Japan however.

Jiburi
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by jiburi
Just a reminder, I believe you need a visa for Beijing. US visa is sufficient for Hong Kong and Japan however.

Jiburi
Yep, already have an active Chinese visa. Thanks for the heads up, though - many people assume HKG is China and they won't need a visa for the mainland. Not true.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners

I LOVE Tokyo...
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
I really want to go in October or November. Tough decision here is whether or not to buy a ticket for a girl I'm casually dating, who would go if we still were at that time, or wait to see if we are, then pay loads more for the ticket.

casually dating and wanna buy her a ticket...sounding pw'd to me
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
My wife and I would like to visit each Disney theme park around the world and the only one outside the US we have gone to so far was Paris...Hong Kong is next on our list....also, many of us don't judge our vacation destinations based on how attractive the local women are....especially those of us who are married....I've already found the most attractive woman in the world
you need a more open minded wife
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: UA Gold
Snatched this deal over the weekend. My fare was $741 (7/29 - 8/12) but my travel companion was staying one more week and priced at $641 (7/29 - 8/19). Best of all, my primary address is in Washington, so double MQM! Just enough to hit Silver Medallion! Too bad I already have SPG Platinum, so the only incremental benefit is the 25% bonus on RDM.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck

Or even if you guys aren't dating at the time, she could still go!!

Alternatively, you could ask her and talk to her about it... but what do I know being a woman and all?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.