Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA - HKG-NAT 4.3cpm 29,370miles $1,256

AA - HKG-NAT 4.3cpm 29,370miles $1,256

Old Jul 14, 2014, 11:41 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Josh229
Does fare class not matter with EQM? Only EQP? If not this sounds like an amazing fair, I've always gone off EQP (only been doing this a few months) which seems far more expensive since QSONG tickets only give x0.5.

Is there any way to start this fair in the US or Europe that anyone knows of?
Same situation for me, this year it will be easier for me to qualify via EQP vs EQM, but the Q earnings for EQP kills this for me sadly
Checking V fares, jacks the price up to nearly 1500 USD.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: CX-Marco Polo Club, LH-Miles and More
Also if you're around asia, if its JAL or CX an N fare will give 30% or 0% miles respectively. So that may change it too.
Josh, CX Asia Miles gives you 100 % miles with AA. There is no difference between earning Club Miles and Asia Miles on AA.

I've found a trip from PRG to GRU for 5.58 US cent per mile. Not as good as this one but still decent. Maybe you can extend it to GIG for little or no increase?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Does fare class not matter with EQM? Only EQP? If not this sounds like an amazing fair, I've always gone off EQP (only been doing this a few months) which seems far more expensive since QSONG tickets only give x0.5.

Is there any way to start this fair in the US or Europe that anyone knows of?

Also if you're around asia, if its JAL or CX an N fare will give 30% or 0% miles respectively. So that may change it too..

Finally may I ask where you purchase these fares?
From what I found it is only good out of HKG. Any flight with an AA number will give you 1 EQM per mile flown. These will fares will give you .5 or less EQP per mile flown.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Can always book this via the AA HKG website, prices out cheaper sometimes and seems to be a V fare vs the Q fare you get via the US website so EQP would be 1. Make sure you use a CC with no foreign transaction fees..
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Andi3579
Josh, CX Asia Miles gives you 100 % miles with AA. There is no difference between earning Club Miles and Asia Miles on AA.

I've found a trip from PRG to GRU for 5.58 US cent per mile. Not as good as this one but still decent. Maybe you can extend it to GIG for little or no increase?
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...hayPacific.jsp

Here it says 0%, I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, I just don't know, I've just been looking at the AA website. Where does it say you get miles for an N ticket? Or are you saying it's an AA codeshare so it uses AA's? I was assuming it was just a partner flight.

Thanks to you all for the explanation though!
Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...hayPacific.jsp

Here it says 0%, I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, I just don't know, I've just been looking at the AA website. Where does it say you get miles for an N ticket? Or are you saying it's an AA codeshare so it uses AA's? I was assuming it was just a partner flight.

Thanks to you all for the explanation though!
Are you looking at a CX marketed & operated flight? An AA marketed and CX operated flight? or an AA marketed & operated flight.

If the flight you booked is marketed as AA (has an AA flight number) then it counts 100% towards AA EQM whether it is operated by AA or CX. If you are booking a flight with a CX flight number then the chart you linked to does apply.

Now, on the other side, if you are an Asia Miles member and flying on AA marketed and operated flights then you would earn at least 100% based on this link

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.