Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL: LAX-DXB $880.30 22,713 3.9 cpm

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2.6 MM
Originally Posted by lking
I still have a problem with just doing a true MR, in other words, I like to stay somewhere for at least a day.

So, I booked my LAX-DXB flights in November and, for each trip, will stay one night at the beach--Jumeriah Beach. Then I will stay one night in LAX at the Hilton for $100, and fly out the next day LAX-DXB and do the same thing -- another night at Jumeriah Beach. I am a little disappointed at myself for being too chicken to do a true MR on the second LAX-DXB trip, but...that's me.

BTW, very easy to get around DXB if you've never been. Subway from airport to hotels and back. And...cheap, cheap, cheap subway. Hotels? Not so cheap, but if you have points--good deals.

And November is a fantastic time to go-- great weather.

Yes, fares were under $900, but have changed some since, but still doable.

And what have I done since those last bookings? Y'day booked EWR-ICN in September for $920, 14272 mqms; and today: LAX-NRT-HKG-SEA-MSP-LAX Oct 9-13 $692, 16702 mqms!! And of course...hotel points. ICN a bit higher, but I haven't been there for a while so want to do it.

Good luck!
Thanks for your reply and info on your trip. Someday I hope to get to DXB. Staying overnight on MR is great and what ever one wants to do on their a trip is great. I am not willing to say that because one stays overnight it doesn't qualify as a MR although some might say that. Whatever works for the individual on a MR and is what they are comfortable with is what they should do. My usual reason for not staying is I don't usually have enough time but that should change next year when I have more time.

Keep us posted on your trip and how things go.

Happy Travels! Cheers!
Old Jun 25, 2014, 3:40 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Can you PM me a link to booking that? Im having the hardest time replicating things.

what date ranges/routes/etc? I need MQMs and could do the same big run.....
Were you able to find the routing I sent you that I purchased?

Originally Posted by Csfing1
Thanks for your reply and info on your trip. Someday I hope to get to DXB. Staying overnight on MR is great and what ever one wants to do on their a trip is great. I am not willing to say that because one stays overnight it doesn't qualify as a MR although some might say that. Whatever works for the individual on a MR and is what they are comfortable with is what they should do. My usual reason for not staying is I don't usually have enough time but that should change next year when I have more time.

Keep us posted on your trip and how things go.

Happy Travels! Cheers!
I've done over 125,000 in MRs since November....but I usually do stopvers on each leg...like AMS and CDG when I did my 2 MRs to JNB, where I stayed 2-4 nights each time.

For my DXB runs I am staying in AMS one night...and 1-2 nights in DXB.

Mini-vacation...MR....no difference.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL 2MM
Originally Posted by 355F1
Were you able to find the routing I sent you that I purchased?

I've done over 125,000 in MRs since November....but I usually do stopvers on each leg...like AMS and CDG when I did my 2 MRs to JNB, where I stayed 2-4 nights each time.

For my DXB runs I am staying in AMS one night...and 1-2 nights in DXB.

Mini-vacation...MR....no difference.
Could you PM me your itinerary? I want to see the routing that is getting you the overnight in AMS. I have something booked, but i have 3 nights in DXB and would rather do 1 in AMS and 2 in DXB.

Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Sweet, I just booked the wife and I for Nov 7-12, but only got 4.5 cpm. She's not going for the multi-stop
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:34 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by richardinmotion
Sweet, I just booked the wife and I for Nov 7-12, but only got 4.5 cpm. She's not going for the multi-stop
I will be on that Nov 7 flight.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
I will be on that Nov 7 flight.
MUST say hi to each other!
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:27 am
IHG Contributor Badge

MUST say hi to each other!
Of course!
Old Jun 29, 2014, 11:17 am
aua

Programs: skymiles
I am going to be on the flight to DXB on Nov 7th. we should meet up in the Skyclub before the flight.

Last edited by aua; Jul 10, 2014 at 4:10 am
Old Jul 9, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: DL PM, GE
anybody going Nov 12th ATL-DXB ?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by gplates
anybody going Nov 12th ATL-DXB ?
I'll be on that flight on the 12th, starting in MDW. Heading back on the 16th.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
lax-dtw-bos-ams-dxb-ams-sea-lax 36,676 miles/18,338 MQMs for Platinum at $941 on Google flights for 11/7-10.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by uitailgater
I'll be on that flight on the 12th, starting in MDW. Heading back on the 16th.
I am starting from SEA on the 12th. Heading home to TXL on the 15th from AUH on AB in business, paid with their 70K miles promo :-)
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:23 am

Question for you seat gurus on this deal:

We're returning on Nov 12. The Delta.com seat map is showing EC completely sold out/blocked for the DXB-AMS and AMS-LAX legs, so we're back in row 33. Any idea what's going on and how I can get seat assignments in EC? The agent I spoke to on the phone told me EC was sold out, which I don't believe for a second! Mods, sorry if this is OT!
Old Jul 10, 2014, 2:29 pm

Question for you seat gurus on this deal:

We're returning on Nov 12. The Delta.com seat map is showing EC completely sold out/blocked for the DXB-AMS and AMS-LAX legs, so we're back in row 33. Any idea what's going on and how I can get seat assignments in EC? The agent I spoke to on the phone told me EC was sold out, which I don't believe for a second! Mods, sorry if this is OT!
These are both on KLM codeshares, you need to call KLM and request EC seats on their aircrafts. They can see if you are a medaillion and always moved me to these seats. DL is not helpful as they dont see these seats.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by gplates
These are both on KLM codeshares, you need to call KLM and request EC seats on their aircrafts. They can see if you are a medaillion and always moved me to these seats. DL is not helpful as they dont see these seats.
Thanks! That worked, but boy was it ever painful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.