Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA/NH: YVR-CGK - 5.7/mile

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2014, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

UA/NH: YVR-CGK - 5.7/mile

Not a bad deal out of Vancouver. Usually I would have to travel down to Seattle to get a decent mileage run in, especially with 3 legs on a 787. Needed to complete a MR before end of august.

YVR-DEN-NRT-CGK-HND-KIX-SFO-DEN-YVR, $1133 USD or $1238 CAD ~22,000 miles. Aug 20 - 26, 2.5 in days in CGK to kill, anyone have any suggestions?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by purelywasted
Not a bad deal out of Vancouver. Usually I would have to travel down to Seattle to get a decent mileage run in, especially with 3 legs on a 787. Needed to complete a MR before end of august.

YVR-DEN-NRT-CGK-HND-KIX-SFO-DEN-YVR, $1133 USD or $1238 CAD ~22,000 miles. Aug 20 - 26, 2.5 in days in CGK to kill, anyone have any suggestions?
From my experiences in Indonesia it's not expensive luckily
(though in fairness I have only been to Batam and Denpasar.)
Old Jun 7, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.

Have to look to see from YYZ.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
I see some dates from YEG in september on matrix for $1143, nothing to make me jump though, YEG-SIN is almost always that price so no MR to CGK for me!!
Old Jun 7, 2014, 9:06 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

As for CGK, what's your fancy?

Jakarta specializes in pollution, traffic, shopping centers, and most importantly, friendly locals. However, if you're willing to dig a little deeper - and like seafood - I might be able to give you a couple of recommendations.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
As for CGK, what's your fancy?

Jakarta specializes in pollution, traffic, shopping centers, and most importantly, friendly locals. However, if you're willing to dig a little deeper - and like seafood - I might be able to give you a couple of recommendations.
I would greatly appreciate a couple recommendations. I have done some great organized food tours in IST, PVR, and NYC. I love to try/find new and interesting places. I am looking at heading out to the "1000 islands" for a day or two (far end away from floating garbage), have you ever been?
Old Jun 8, 2014, 2:16 am

Aug 20 - 26, 2.5 in days in CGK to kill, anyone have any suggestions?
Forget CGK, continue onward to [and back from] Bali, JOG, KUL, or SIN for cheap and probably less time than getting into the city center.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:51 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

I would greatly appreciate a couple recommendations. I have done some great organized food tours in IST, PVR, and NYC. I love to try/find new and interesting places. I am looking at heading out to the "1000 islands" for a day or two (far end away from floating garbage), have you ever been?
My favorite regional Indonesian cuisine - at least for mains - probably hails from the city of Manado. Though that city is majority-Christian, Manadonese restaurants in Jakarta are usually halal.

In spite of that, the main event often involves fish, and two of my choice restaurants are Woku Blangan and Beautika. Both are located close enough to MONAS - the national monument - and Jalan Thamrin, the main tourist drag. (Also, I don't work for either restaurant, though wouldn't that be the day.)

I haven't been to Kepulauan Seribu (1000 islands). Though, since you mentioned floating garbage, that's one reason why a brief go at "water taxis" failed in Jakarta a few years ago...

Originally Posted by ihtfp
Forget CGK, continue onward to [and back from] Bali, JOG, KUL, or SIN for cheap and probably less time than getting into the city center.
Though there's not much to SIN, since the OP mentioned food (tours) it's certainly not the worst choice. Also, you hinted at the awful Jakarta traffic, but mentioned KUL? Taxi drivers are worse there, and the only plus might be the presence of a metro/monorail system.

JOG would be good for history and lesehan, that is, eating outside while sitting on a straw mat. As for Bali, I'll yield to others for comments.

Last edited by BuildingMyBento; Jun 8, 2014 at 7:58 am
Old Jun 9, 2014, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks BulidingMyBento, I will check them out. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.