Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] CM IAD to CUZ $399 ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] CM IAD to CUZ $399 ai

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I booked via Cheapoair and added my MP#. Does Copa now have me on its CPU list as a 1K? Anyway to check? I can see my reservation on Copa but have never flown them and have little knowledge how it operates

Cheers -

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Can anyone comment on the likelihood of getting a complimentary upgrade as a 1K on my IAD-PTY-LIM-PTY-ORD flights as opposed to using my RPUs? I had 2 RPUs (exp 1/2015) which I used to upgrade my non-status friend. I can now use 2 RPUs (exp 1/2016) to upgrade myself, but I'd prefer to save those for next year. Flights seem wide open as Z space ranges from 6 to 9.

Advice would be appreciated.
Originally Posted by Tblack15
Hey margarita girl.. I flew on CM a lot from SCL-PTY-xUS (EWR or LAX usually).. As a UA Gold I got upgraded every segment on CM.. at 48 hrs too and I got an email alert if you can believe it!! These flights were 50-70% full in J, and showed the same kind of availability that you see on your flights above.

There seems to be a lot of MR traffic on these flights per this thread, but as a 1k I think your chances are quite good for CPU's on these routes from a historical viewpoint.

Best of luck...
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by thegrailer
I booked via Cheapoair and added my MP#. Does Copa now have me on its CPU list as a 1K? Anyway to check? I can see my reservation on Copa but have never flown them and have little knowledge how it operates

Cheers -
I would suggest that you go to Copa website, pull up your reservation and add MP# again. The rest should be smooth. It will automatically detect your 1K status and put you on upgrade list (nowhere shown on the reservation though).

I flew Copa as UA gold last year. Got upgraded on 3/4 flights. But because of the cheap tickets here, I expect a lot of elite flyers taking vacations so YMMV.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: UA -1MM, SPG - Lifetime Gold
Per The Flight Deal, the fare sale is back:

http://www.theflightdeal.com/2014/08...ing-all-taxes/
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Bonvoy
Just a heads up to those of you headed to CUZ as opposed to IQT. October is the start of the rainy season and flights to/from CUZ are frequently delayed or cancelled. I was there mid October last year and spent 14 hrs on Avianca trying to get into CUZ. Ended up returning to LIM for the night and getting out the next day. LAN pilots seem to have the necessary training to land in bad weather at CUZ. This is of even greater concern when you're trying to get out of CUZ and make an evening flight to the US...!!!

If you're headed to MP, rather than stay in CUZ and risk altitude sickness, anywhere in the Sacred Valley is still high enough for you to adjust but low enough for most people to not get sick.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Heading to CUZ on this in a few days.

When checking in for the Copa flights, will I be able to obtain our Avianca Peru boarding pass for the LIM-CUZ segment? We arrive into LIM at 12:52 AM and depart at 5:30 AM. Would like to not have to re-check in.

Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: UA Silver / FA
You should.

However, the way LIM is designed (or was at least when I was there a year ago), you have to exit near baggage claim, walk OUTSIDE for about 100m, then go back into the terminal. It's very funky.

So regardless you have to "check back in" per se.

Getting in at 1AM? I'm not sure the process or if the desks will be open. I arrived in the afternoon and connected to CUZ 1.5 hrs later, so sorry for that. Just know in my experience you had to walk outside the terminal and get back in.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:47 pm

You should.

However, the way LIM is designed (or was at least when I was there a year ago), you have to exit near baggage claim, walk OUTSIDE for about 100m, then go back into the terminal. It's very funky.

So regardless you have to "check back in" per se.

Getting in at 1AM? I'm not sure the process or if the desks will be open. I arrived in the afternoon and connected to CUZ 1.5 hrs later, so sorry for that. Just know in my experience you had to walk outside the terminal and get back in.
Thanks for the insight.
How was immigration/passport control?

Also: we clicked into CM's "apply for a business class class upgrade" on our MCO-PTY-LIM and LIM-PTY-MCO flights. The minimum bid is $95 per leg per person.
...yeah, no. If only I were still UA Premier...
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:34 am

I just discovered you can see the upgrade list if you check the flight status on Copa's website. Also, you can change the date in the URL to see how many seats are booked.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by BumpMe!
Thanks for the insight.
How was immigration/passport control?
I don't remember it specifically being any worse than any other Lat-Am countries. I thought it was a nice airport.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:01 pm

I don't remember it specifically being any worse than any other Lat-Am countries.
Well put!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Duke777
Heading to CUZ on this in a few days.

When checking in for the Copa flights, will I be able to obtain our Avianca Peru boarding pass for the LIM-CUZ segment? We arrive into LIM at 12:52 AM and depart at 5:30 AM. Would like to not have to re-check in.

Thanks!
When I went in November, I arrived around midnight and used a kiosk to print my TACA boarding pass, which I think was the same as Avianca. I only had a carry on though so no messing with re-checking a bag.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by zitozac
When I went in November, I arrived around midnight and used a kiosk to print my TACA boarding pass, which I think was the same as Avianca. I only had a carry on though so no messing with re-checking a bag.
Just for reference, TACA and LACSA are technically Avianca. You think seeing the random CO food cart on UA is bad.. I was booked on "LACSA" from SCL-LIM. Taca metal, but everything on the interior had Avianca on it!!
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:10 pm

I was able to get our Avianca boarding passes when I checked in with Copa. I was also able to access them online and select seats 24 hours in advance.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: SQ
Likewise I always get CM boarding passes when flying AV and then CM
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
CM IAD to CUZ $399 ai

Hey guys. For those of you who have flown this already:

I get to LIM at midnight from PTY and depart about 6am to CUZ.

1) I know I have to change from the international terminal to domestic terminal. However, it seems the domestic terminal doesn't open until 2 or 2:30am (per another old thread on FT). Is this still right?

2) Is there any lounge open at that time in the domestic terminal? (I have priority pass and Star Gold credentials).

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.