UA: SFO-EWR-OSL RT $517 AI in OCT 12,254 BASE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA: SFO-EWR-OSL RT $517 AI in OCT 12,254 BASE

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2014, 4:28 am
RNE

As klew97 points out, there is still availability from SFO. I'll add that this deal is getting long in the tooth and all you would-be flyers need to figure it out already! I don't want to hear your boo-hooing when it's gone. As for availability from other cities, I realize it's not a West Coast locale, but I still see availability from CLE in the low $600s. Nice, but not nearly as good as from SFO. All the more reason for you hippy-dippy Californians to put down your lattes, kick off your designer flip flops and book a flight already!

RNE, (mockingly) "Oh, woe is me, I can't find a flight from MacReady Field!!!"
Old May 4, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat (2MM), DL GLD, AL GLD, SPG GLD, HY DMD, MRTT PLAT
10/23 sfo-osl 10/27 osl-sfo $537

Just booked sfo-osl for $537 and used fare lock for $9. Good mileage run.
Old May 4, 2014, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Talking

Originally Posted by RNE
As klew97 points out, there is still availability from SFO. I'll add that this deal is getting long in the tooth and all you would-be flyers need to figure it out already! I don't want to hear your boo-hooing when it's gone. As for availability from other cities, I realize it's not a West Coast locale, but I still see availability from CLE in the low $600s. Nice, but not nearly as good as from SFO. All the more reason for you hippy-dippy Californians to put down your lattes, kick off your designer flip flops and book a flight already!

RNE, (mockingly) "Oh, woe is me, I can't find a flight from MacReady Field!!!"
ROTFL! Wasn't a run I was going to do but had to post as it is/was a fantastic deal, especially for those with elite status!
Old May 10, 2014, 4:24 am
RNE

Since I booked this itinerary I've been watching the upgrade options—particularly the outbound overnight (for a better sleep). Everything has been waitlisted and I'm not normally one to play the waiting game. However, today the domestic leg of the outbound became confirmable. I bought it with miles + money. Now, if the BF upgrade doesn't clear, my FC seat is free. ^
Old May 10, 2014, 6:13 am

Programs: free agent
TFD mentions $100 additional fee for Europe stopover, but i am trying to figure how it's even possible with nonstop flights from EWR to bunch of scandi destinations.
Old May 10, 2014, 12:59 pm

Cheapest I've been seeing for the last 3 days is now $583, so the prices might be climbing now.
Old May 12, 2014, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Since I booked this itinerary I've been watching the upgrade options—particularly the outbound overnight (for a better sleep). Everything has been waitlisted and I'm not normally one to play the waiting game. However, today the domestic leg of the outbound became confirmable. I bought it with miles + money. Now, if the BF upgrade doesn't clear, my FC seat is free. ^

Pls explain? Not sure I get this?
Old May 12, 2014, 4:12 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by MilesToGoBeforeISleep
Pls explain? Not sure I get this?
I'm waitlisted for an upgrade that includes a domestic leg (with a First Class cabin) and an international leg (with a BusinessFirst cabin). United keeps my miles and money only if the BF upgrade clears. If it does not, then I'll get my miles and money back. This refund occurs even if the FC upgrade clears.

I don't normally cotton to the uncertainty of upgrade waitlists, because they tie up my miles and money with no guarantee I'll get any upgrade. However, in this case, the upgrade to FC was immediately confirmable. Thus I've got that bird in the hand, as it were.

RNE, waiting for the bird in the bush.
Old May 14, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I booked this fro SFO to OSL for $583 Sept. 10-15. Went to change the dates to October and the fare is GONE. It's now $745. Thanks for posting this. Not shabby! 12,000 miles for under $600!
Old May 15, 2014, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Quiltingatty
I booked this fro SFO to OSL for $583 Sept. 10-15. Went to change the dates to October and the fare is GONE. It's now $745. Thanks for posting this. Not shabby! 12,000 miles for under $600!
I've been mostly interested in Oct 22-Nov 3, and as far as I can tell from google flights, the prices and dates I posted here are still available for $583. There is even a second flight added from SFO (previously only 1045am, now 720am is available). For at least 20 minutes after I discovered it on Monday, there was an Air France flight connecting in CDG for $1 cheaper than the cheapest United flight (and the first leg was on an A380, which I haven't yet experienced). The AF jumped before I could decide and is currently $630.
Old May 15, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K
thanks for that update. I rechecked this morning and found flights in October. I'm curious, though, about how to get an upgrade. I am usually wait listed for a complimentary upgrade on the domestic leg. But in my experience I have to pay $ and miles to upgrade on the intl leg. Is there another way, without using a system-wide upgrade?
Old May 15, 2014, 9:12 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Quiltingatty
thanks for that update. I rechecked this morning and found flights in October. I'm curious, though, about how to get an upgrade. I am usually wait listed for a complimentary upgrade on the domestic leg. But in my experience I have to pay $ and miles to upgrade on the intl leg. Is there another way, without using a system-wide upgrade?
Other than paying miles and cash for a BusinessFirst upgrade, you could get an op-up. But the likelihood of that is minuscule.
Old May 15, 2014, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by RNE
Other than paying miles and cash for a BusinessFirst upgrade, you could get an op-up. But the likelihood of that is minuscule.
I would think it is more likely for TATL flights due to EU regulations that make overselling/downgrading less attractive of an option than in the US?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.