Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

US: LAS – PHX – LAX – PHX - LAS -- $30 per seg, works in reverse.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Plat

Don’t know if this is the right place for “segment runs,” but thought I would post this (mod, please move this post if not in the correct place).

US: LAS – PHX – LAX – PHX - LAS -- $30 per seg, works in reverse. $120 RT avail many days, including some Saturdays. Same day turns, nice scheduling. Have to watch this fare, it goes up and down every few days! Also, for AA PLT and EXPLT, these US Air $120 RTs, with minimum mileage and elite bonus, produce a nice 4000 RDMs (in addition to the four segs).

Perhaps it is too early in the year to talk about seg runs, but I have been disappointed by the lack of traditional AA mileage runs from the west coast so far this year so am thinking ahead. If anyone else finds other AA or US seg runs from LAS or LAX at under $40 a seg, please post!
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:48 pm

Must be a tough life to do segment runs for status! And an expensive one.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Actually this would equal $3k for EXP. Painful but cheap.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by imapilotaz
Actually this would equal $3k for EXP. Painful but cheap.
And the net cost to me (currently an AA PLT), after figuring in the value of the RDMs from the flights and CC charges, would only be about $1k to achieve EXP. As for the pain, I would probably rather fly a lot of 1 hour flights in coach than maybe 8 or 10 international flights, particularly given that as a PLT I don't have access to free upgrades on international flights. And I live 10 minutes from the airport, so I could sleep in my own bed every night, and have little in the way of extra costs. But haven't actually decided to do this yet. . .

Last edited by Paul5795; Mar 5, 2014 at 6:50 am Reason: add info
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:56 am

Could you please post some sample dates ? Thanks

Edit : Nvm , found it!

Last edited by su9062; Mar 5, 2014 at 8:02 am
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by TravelSummary
Must be a tough life to do segment runs for status! And an expensive one.
Not really. I've never done a segment run like this but if you don't live close to a major airport and are in the midwest its very difficult to get status by miles unless you are taking multiple international trips per year. Every trip you take from a small airport involves 2 extra legs since you have to fly to a hub. 8 flights a year, no matter to where, equals minimum status. Personally I'd rather get status that way instead of spending hours in the air.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
I earned status on segments for several years. It's painful. For a segment run this isn't bad. My goal was $27.50 a segment for runs. Best I've done is $22.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:03 pm

Is this gone? Can't seem to find anything. This would be perfect for me to do but I can seem to find anything with the routing through PHX.

Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by marauders4
Is this gone? Can't seem to find anything. This would be perfect for me to do but I can seem to find anything with the routing through PHX.

Thanks
Pricing at $132 RT ($33 per segment) at the moment, with wide same day availability, but the OP indicated it comes and goes.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Man, I didn't get it. Oh well
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N830MH
Man, I didn't get it. Oh well
As I said in my original post, this fare goes up and down all the time. Out of curiosity, I just checked again . . . and I guess that in the past few hours since your post the fare has dropped down, because I now I see it on ITA Matrix at the lowest I have seen -- only $28 a seg, with many dates throughout April and May available! And so I just booked another one of these for April 30 on the US Air Website. Actually, I booked it for my wife (who has volunteered to do this MR seg thing instead of me . . . ).
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:22 pm

I see it for $101 on ITA right now, but can only find it for $112 on OTAs... too bad it can only be done once a day
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:00 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
i dont see for 30 dollar segmant how to book this flight?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alpenrock
i dont see for 30 dollar segmant how to book this flight?
Right now you can do it at least two places (US Airways or Orbitz) RT for $112 on most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and a few Saturdays -- which is just $28 a seg. On Orbitz, for example, put in LAX as origin, LAS as destination, and the same day (e.g., April 8) for departure and return, then at the top of the screen you will see US Airways 1+ stops at $112, and select that for your specific flight choices.

Last edited by Paul5795; Mar 26, 2014 at 3:17 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:24 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Found some dates in June at $112 all in LAX-LAS. I have all my trips ticketed thru T-Day (5 US-China RT's) and was coming up about 2600 mi short, so this works out and some Vegas time. Assuming you could find enough of these, EXP for $2800.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.