Wiki Posts
Search

Ly: Sxf-tlv €146

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Ly: Sxf-tlv €146

Example May 1-5. Ripped from the blogs.

Does not appear to be mileage earning on AA. Class U?

Edit: Actually an UP Israel Flight operated by El Al.....so, no idea
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:12 am

UP is LY's new attempt to make a low-cost airline.
It currently have five destinations out of TLV - and SXF is one of them.
They promise flights from about 20$/segment and thus the price you see.
This price does not include any extra and has very strict carry-on restrictions even compared to low-cost airlines.

Old Feb 18, 2014, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by agvxvent
UP is LY's new attempt to make a low-cost airline.
It currently have five destinations out of TLV - and SXF is one of them.
They promise flights from about 20$/segment and thus the price you see.
This price does not include any extra and has very strict carry-on restrictions even compared to low-cost airlines.

Thanks for the info. However, Looks like they have their own FF program. They couldn't be worse than Ryanair........could they?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:25 pm

Yes, LY has a FF program, and because UP isn't a truly independent airline - it's the same program for both.
One can earn and redeem points (no miles in this program) for both LY and UP flights.

This is not a good FF program by most respects. Personally I use it mostly because this is the only program you can actually earn points/miles with if you have an Israeli CC.
(Other options are not do worth-while).

LY, in general, is far from being my favorite airline. In fact I try to avoid flying with them when possible. And it's a shame since I'm based in TLV. I think I flew with Ryanair only once - so I can't really compare - but I think UP is pretty bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.