Wiki Posts
Search

AA/US - DFW/PHL $94 (3.6cpm)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by transparent
I don't see it. (The joke in OP's handle, that is
Don't worry, it's not that good of joke anyways...
Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Press release says AA and US are now codesharing between PHL and DFW. I went looking for US availability on AA metal, but didn't immediately see any. Has anyone else looked?

It's considerably harder to find availability at this price if you're looking for a weekend trip.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Originally Posted by longhorn11
Don't worry, it's not that good of joke anyways...
^
Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
Press release says AA and US are now codesharing between PHL and DFW. I went looking for US availability on AA metal, but didn't immediately see any. Has anyone else looked?

It's considerably harder to find availability at this price if you're looking for a weekend trip.
I see the AA code share flights on US website but prices are high. $47 each way is only the US operated flights.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
I did this run last night. I overheard a set of EXPs bemoaning having to fly US metal in the back. I didn't have the heart to tell them that this SP (made on segments but not miles) sat in F on the outbound PHL-DFW.

I was even offered the F upgrade on the way back, but turned it down because I was already settled in to the 10F "suite" with 10E empty and would have had to leave my bag over row 10. (You are welcome, SHA, J.)
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.7MM/LT GOLD-Luckily/Admirals Club/HH Dia/MR Gold/NAT Exec Elite/AVIS First/SPG/
i booked one of these and cancelled it after seeing this on AA.com, last line. Has anyone done this and has proof the miles are EQMs?

Elite status member benefits

AAdvantage elite status members will now receive select reciprocal benefits to enrich their travel journey when flying on US Airways. This includes First/Business Class check-in, priority through security checkpoints, priority boarding, complimentary checked bags, access to preferred seats, and priority baggage delivery for Executive Platinum and Platinum members.

Until we integrate our loyalty programs, miles and segments cannot be combined between the Dividend Miles and AAdvantage programs to qualify for elite status.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.7MM/LT GOLD-Luckily/Admirals Club/HH Dia/MR Gold/NAT Exec Elite/AVIS First/SPG/
Or are they just saying you can't add the two accounts together?

Originally Posted by thepointwhore
i booked one of these and cancelled it after seeing this on AA.com, last line. Has anyone done this and has proof the miles are EQMs?

Elite status member benefits

AAdvantage elite status members will now receive select reciprocal benefits to enrich their travel journey when flying on US Airways. This includes First/Business Class check-in, priority through security checkpoints, priority boarding, complimentary checked bags, access to preferred seats, and priority baggage delivery for Executive Platinum and Platinum members.

Until we integrate our loyalty programs, miles and segments cannot be combined between the Dividend Miles and AAdvantage programs to qualify for elite status.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:55 pm
Used to be 'roachjl'

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Would this be more valuable for a segment flyer?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:15 pm

DFW/PHL for $88

Dallas/ Fort Worth to Philadelphia
1 Adult
Tuesday February 11, 2014 – Tuesday February 11, 2014
Your Trip Price:
$88.00 USD
Baggage and Optional Charges
Flight Depart Arrive
US Airways
US 545
Dallas/ Fort Worth (DFW)
February 11, 2014 06:25 AM
Travel Time : 3 h 2 m
Cabin Class : Economy
Seat : unassigned
Philadelphia (PHL)
February 11, 2014 10:27 AM
Booking Code : E
Plane Type : 319
Flight Depart Arrive
US Airways
US 480
Philadelphia (PHL)
February 11, 2014 08:39 PM
Travel Time : 3 h 43 m
Cabin Class : Economy
Seat : unassigned
Dallas/ Fort Worth (DFW)
February 11, 2014 11:22 PM
Booking Code : E
Plane Type : 319
Fare Amount
Adult
1 × $66.00 USD
$66.00 USD
Taxes & Carrier Imposed Fees
Adult
1 × $22.00 USD
$22.00 USD
Price and Tax Information
Flight Subtotal
$88.00 USD
View Fare Rules

Flights not on American Airlines, American Eagle, or AmericanConnection® are on a request basis only. Fares and availability are subject to change.
In order to comply with federal security regulations, we may provide government agencies access to data you disclose to us.
If you choose to pay using a U.K.-billed credit card or U.K.-billed PayPal account, a processing fee of Ł4.50 per ticket may apply. Payments with debit cards are exempt from this fee.
Optional Services and Carrier Charges include, but are not limited to, items such as checked or carry-on baggage, seat selection and seat upgrades.
Flight Information Questions?

Your Trip Price:
$88.00 USD
Baggage and Optional Charges
Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Yes, the elite status miles and benefits are confirmed, as well as the Admirals Club-to-USAirways club reciprocal benefits. The accounts are separate but, if like me, you only have an AA account, you can redeem/earn miles (even EQM) on US Airways, and vice versa. Nice deal for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.