Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COÐE][/COÐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Ð) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
From BOS on TK for $2993 ai.
And from NYC on TK as well.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
does it allow stopovers?
No, but 23:59 connections allowed. I'm overnighting in ZRH
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lack
Routing rules trump that I think. There's a higher fare which allows routing through AKL though, so you may have some luck with that.
Correct. Often there are great stopover/transfer rules, just to be killed by the routing rules. Always gotta look at both sets of rules. Subscriptions to fare listing services including routing rules belong into the true MR tool box.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: OZ D+, BA Silver, IC Royal Plat. Ambassador
Lufthansa Biz sale to Europe out of ICN from $2500. All P class I believe, so not a lot of miles to be had, but decent enough for the route as they usually charge at least 1k more for these routings.

Destinations include:
$2500: Zagreb
$2550: FLR, LIS, OSL, STR, VCN
20+ other destinations available.

Purchase by: 25.04.2014
Departure period: 01.07.2014 - 31.08.2014
Return period: 05.07.2014 - 30.09.2014
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:26 pm

UA: YYZ-SJO starting @ ~$780ai (P)

Sample:
Jun 4-11 YYZ-IAH-SJO-IAH-YYZ ~$780ai (5668mi ~13.8cpm)

-PERMITTED MON THROUGH THU ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.
-TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 7 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.
-Through EOS.
-NO STOPOVERS PERMITTED.

Looks like more miles are possible with improved routings.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
I just booked LAX-JFK in F on the AA 32B for $519 one way on June 7th. Seems like a weird one day thing and I might have got the last seat (google flights still shows the price, but I can't pull the fare again -- was going to book Mrs. PV on a different PNR).

Also available on 6/10 for $510 and 6/09 for $604, probably very limited inventory on those dates.

Also some half decent prices on Delta for SMF-LAX-JFK and vv. on certain dates (eg, $693 one way on 4/26) with the 767 lie flat for the T-con.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
I just booked LAX-JFK in F on the AA 32B for $519 one way on June 7th. Seems like a weird one day thing and I might have got the last seat (google flights still shows the price, but I can't pull the fare again -- was going to book Mrs. PV on a different PNR).

Also available on 6/10 for $510 and 6/09 for $604, probably very limited inventory on those dates.

Also some half decent prices on Delta for SMF-LAX-JFK and vv. on certain dates (eg, $693 one way on 4/26) with the 767 lie flat for the T-con.
Was able to snag this for $463 o.w. about a month ago in F on the 32B traveling 6/10 JFK-LAX-DEN. Didn't think it was still available. If I wanted to do only the JFK-LAX segment, the fare increased to $2200. Turns out, I do want the DEN routing anyway since my step-son will be getting married there 6/12.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arkangel
Was able to snag this for $463 o.w. about a month ago in F on the 32B traveling 6/10 JFK-LAX-DEN. Didn't think it was still available. If I wanted to do only the JFK-LAX segment, the fare increased to $2200. Turns out, I do want the DEN routing anyway since my step-son will be getting married there 6/12.
yes i flew it a couple weeks ago for $549 JFK-LAX-SMF. this time SMF added about $170 to the one way fare so i figured i will go down on miles or buy a different ticket on DL or UA.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: Free agent flyer, Hyatt Globalist
I snagged this exact date/flight about a week ago for $505 o/w. I'll be in seat 1A...see you in the AA Flagship Lounge at noon ;-)

BTW, a similar fare is available on 6/4 ($594) and 6/8 ($747).
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kluever
I snagged this exact date/flight about a week ago for $505 o/w. I'll be in seat 1A...see you in the AA Flagship Lounge at noon ;-)
good to know ^ let's see if i actually buy it (currently on hold), i am already slated to fly to NYC on weekend of June 13th on the DL Xmas special, so two weekends consecutive might be too much
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I found 1 day LAX-JFK-BOS but it was $826 one way for F $200 of the base fare was JFK-BOS. The non-stop LAX-BOS was $500 but not the cool 3 class F
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:33 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Its AA 256 that is not excluded from some P fares that it should be, it only starts on June 2 ands AA just missed this in a currently filed fare(s).

I see June 4 now, lax-JFK for $594

Also June 9 for $747.

Last edited by stephem; Apr 16, 2014 at 10:43 pm
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:38 pm

YVR-LIM UA
$1524 routings through IAH/EWR
Sample date August
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tracon
YVR-LIM UA
$1524 routings through IAH/EWR
Sample date August
Is this 1-way or r/t?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I found a cheap one-way business class fare leaving the World Cup to Europe near the end of the competition. All the Euro airlines have extremely expensive fares and the only other one that comes close is AM.

AR (Skyteam)
GRU-AEPxxxEZE-MAD €1480

You can exploit the airport transfer by having a nice dinner in Buenos Aires since the flight to MAD leaves around midnight.

Any other city than MAD comes up extremely expensive again. But you can buy cheap connecting flights ex-MAD. Also I found you can leave from other cities in Brazil. SSA works for example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.