Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COĐE][/COĐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Đ) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 4:56 am

Sea-phl ua/us/as $447-$488 ow

Price varies but USAir, Alaska and UA are offering sub $500 OW SEA-PHL premium cabin fares. I was looking in April but I tried dates in May June and Sept and found mixed results but it was there.

UA was showing them as "P" fare.

I actually just purchased OW 'G" fare first class on delta on Apr 9, 2014 SEA-PHL for $331. So even better than originally posted and on a fourth airline. Don't know if this is part of DL-AS 'war' but great first class fare.

Last edited by TravelMann; Mar 15, 2014 at 3:02 pm Reason: more information
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:40 am

UA: MCO-ORD-MCO or ORD-MCO-ORD $566 (tax incl)
Late May and throughout June.
Non-refundable

Shows P (first) as class of service on United.com.

Not great.
But not awful either.

Last edited by BumpMe!; Mar 15, 2014 at 11:26 pm Reason: reverse route
Old Mar 16, 2014, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
TK: ARN-IST-BKK Round-trip for ~$1800 USD in J... Very good deal. Only problem now is getting to ARN somehow. Worked with playing around in some days in May. Could book directly through Turkish's website, also coming up on Orbitz. Heres the itinerary:

$1,797.60
Total cost

Leave Thu, May 1
5:25 PM
Stockholm ARN
2:15 PM
Bangkok BKK
1 stop
15hr 50min
Turkish Airlines 1796 / 68

Return Thu, May 8
10:55 AM
Bangkok BKK
11:30 PM
Stockholm ARN
1 stop
17hr 35min
Turkish Airlines 65 / 1791
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:11 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
TK: ARN-IST-BKK Round-trip for ~$1800 USD in J... Very good deal. Only problem now is getting to ARN somehow. Worked with playing around in some days in May. Could book directly through Turkish's website, also coming up on Orbitz. Heres the itinerary:

$1,797.60
Total cost

Leave Thu, May 1
Stockholm ARN
Bangkok BKK
1 stop
15hr 50min

Return Thu, May 8
Bangkok BKK
Stockholm ARN
1 stop
17hr 35min
This has already been posted many times Even better deals out of CAI to KUL.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Is the AA: LAX-South America ~2000 in J gone?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 6:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
DL: MEM-DTW-SFO $589 1st 8068MQMs 7.3CPM

DL: MEM-DTW-SFO $589 1st 8068MQMs 7.3CPM

DM earns 14,792 Skymiles

Sample date April 1st

Last edited by tcook052; Mar 17, 2014 at 8:18 am
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
DL: LAX-ATL-ORD $616 in F round-trip. Benefit of this is that both ways the LAX-ATL flights are in lie-flat seats on wide-body aircraft.

On 3/25 you get the 777 from LAX-ATL and returning on the 3/26 you get the new lie-flat seats on the 767 from ATL-LAX.

7658 MQMs, 8 cpm.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by whimike
DL: LAX-ATL-ORD $616 in F round-trip. Benefit of this is that both ways the LAX-ATL flights are in lie-flat seats on wide-body aircraft.

On 3/25 you get the 777 from LAX-ATL and returning on the 3/26 you get the new lie-flat seats on the 767 from ATL-LAX.

7658 MQMs, 8 cpm.
Nice find - especially for the seats!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by whimike

7658 MQMs, 8 cpm.
Very nice. You can tinker with MKE and SAN as start and end and get even higher yields but clearly not full flats. Txs!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jona970318
It seems that this change was reflected on all dates and routes so I guess we could call it fare gone
There are some other good CX deals to the US. you can fly from BAH-LAX for ~2,800 all in (sample dates depart Sept 5, return Sept 14).

Plus, the original ex-MLE deal is still on for flights to Australia, though thats a bit out of the way.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Saudi
There are some other good CX deals to the US. you can fly from BAH-LAX for ~2,800 all in (sample dates depart Sept 5, return Sept 14).

Plus, the original ex-MLE deal is still on for flights to Australia, though thats a bit out of the way.
Glad that the fare still exists to Australia, gonna get my hands on a few before they're gone again

Too bad I'm HKG based and won't be able to stand the fact that BAH won't allow stopover. Already got my hands on ex-KHI fare for $3200 two stopovers 1 year validity IMO the second best deal after MLE
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jona970318
Glad that the fare still exists to Australia, gonna get my hands on a few before they're gone again

Too bad I'm HKG based and won't be able to stand the fact that BAH won't allow stopover. Already got my hands on ex-KHI fare for $3200 two stopovers 1 year validity IMO the second best deal after MLE
Ex DXB seems to allow at least one stopover. For the MLE fares I could originally book only one on the website (on return) but later changing it on the phone they had no problem adding a second one as well. I wonder if it actually was allowed or if they made a mistake. Where can you see the rules for CX fares that are not listed on GDS?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
Hopefully CX will continue these super fares to OZ beyond end of OCT. Seems they rise significantly after that.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Edgerfly

$1,797.60
Total cost

Leave Thu, May 1
Stockholm ARN
Bangkok BKK
1 stop
15hr 50min

Return Thu, May 8
Bangkok BKK
Stockholm ARN
1 stop
17hr 35min
For anyone that's interested - Looks like Qatar airways is competing with this and coming in within a few hundred dollars on this flight as well. The flights are on the dreamliner and a 777 - looks like a nice biz product!
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
Ex DXB seems to allow at least one stopover. For the MLE fares I could originally book only one on the website (on return) but later changing it on the phone they had no problem adding a second one as well. I wonder if it actually was allowed or if they made a mistake. Where can you see the rules for CX fares that are not listed on GDS?
The origional D fare did allow 2 stopovers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.