Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skunker
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!
  • Double-check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTAs confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as much detail as possible about the First/Business fare, including: fare class, fare basis, one-way/round-trip, sales channel, sample dates and total price (including taxes).
  • When posting fare rules, please enclose them in a [COĐE][/COĐE] block. Note the use of the eth (Đ) instead of a capital D here to prevent the forum software from trying to insert an actual block. Be sure you use the capital D.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain point of origin, and only very rarely work in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Please include important information such as operating airline, fare classes, city pairs, etc. in the body of your post rather than the post title field as it is not visible to those reading FT on mobile devices. This is not the "trick it" thread. Please do not speak in code.
  • Please do not post large images. Not everyone has infinite resolution, and it makes the rest of the thread very difficult to read. If it's not important enough to type in, it's not important enough to be here.
  • Last but not least: don't call the airline!

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where fares on EI (Aer Lingus) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Aer Lingus does not offer first class. If you see this fare, please ignore it and do not post it here as it is completely unbookable in every sense of the term. The mods are summarily deleting these posts in order to unclutter the thread.

Note: There is a known miscoding on ITA and elsewhere, where Z fares on EY (Etihad) are showing as being in first class. This is not correct, as Z fares are discount business on EY. These fares will not receive chaffeur service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1622229-removal-chauffeur-service-some-business-class-passengers.html

List of known, active deals:

JNB-DXB-SFO in EK F, $4k-ish one-way
MLE-HKG-US (various) in C, $1400 +/- available only on CX's website.
CMB-MIA, other US cities, for about $4400 in F, round-trip/return

BA AARP $400 discount for J/F bookings is now valid again for booking until 31 Oct 2014 but departure to EOS seems to get the discount. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1435816-ba-fare-discounts-aarp-4.html
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
My wife will kill me.......again.

I think I need to go to rehab. for MR addiction!
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by boss315

I am having the same trouble

Any AS elites chip in if you would think this is better than going to detroit 4 times to get the 75k ?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by su9062
Any AS elites chip in if you would think this is better than going to detroit 4 times to get the 75k ?
Do you plan on leaving the airport? If not, Detroit is great.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS; Aeroplan; Hilton (Diamond); Marriott (Platinum);
Originally Posted by su9062
I am having the same trouble

I have a work trip lined up so its looking like it will make sense for me to use this fare to get to MVPG. Positioning from YYC-SEA / LAX is looking like a challenge though.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by banffflyr
I have a work trip lined up so its looking like it will make sense for me to use this fare to get to MVPG. Positioning from YYC-SEA / LAX is looking like a challenge though.
What fare would that be?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:16 pm

Ahh yes, sorry for the ambiguous post . The TATL fares look like the best option for me, given that I am heading to Europe anyways
Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:29 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by boss315

Maybe schedule that rehab in AMS or FCO?

Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:06 pm

You can take another $400 off certain BA flights thanks to an AARP discount as noted by Lucky at Boardingarea.com...

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...t-coast-europe

I am now a proud member of AARP! Thanks Lucky!
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Emirates
Thanx for aarp tip!

Roundtrip travel originating in the US is required (one-ways and open jaws don’t qualify)
Travel must be booked by October 14, 2014 (though there’s a good chance that will be extended, I think)
Valid for outbound travel by March 31, 2015
Valid for travel on British Airways as well as codeshare flights operated by American Airlines and Iberia
You must book through the link on the website — this can’t be booked via the call center or another website

Anyone can join the AARP

While the AARP is intended for people 50+, anyone can join. I just paid $16 for a year long membership, and was honest about my age. So anyone is eligible to join.

The discount is really straightforward

To take advantage of this offer, you just have to go to the promotional British Airways AARP page, where you’ll be prompted to log into your AARP account.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Looks dead?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
Looks dead?
Just about 5:30pm PT, yes.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, AA Plat, Marriott LT P, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
Looks dead?
I booked my flight (PIT-JFK-MXP) at 7:50 EST and when I went back 35 minutes later to see if I could rebook with AARP, it was gone.

Glad I pulled the trigger!
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by northshorepa
I booked my flight (PIT-JFK-MXP) at 7:50 EST and when I went back 35 minutes later to see if I could rebook with AARP, it was gone.

Glad I pulled the trigger!

Yes, they appear to be gone….grrrr.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:13 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Note that the OneWorld fares are dead, but the AF/KL fares still appear to be live and have actually gone DOWN. They're filed right now under $1000 base fare+taxes, where they were between ~$1050-1200 base fare.

Edited to add: not all fares have gone down. I was checking LAX-HEL and it indeed has gone down about $100.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by dll
Maybe schedule that rehab in AMS or FCO?

+1. With wine or beer!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.