UA: SLC/DTW/MSP-LIM $440 r/t all-in (one-way fares)

Subscribe
***FARE SEEMS TO BE GONE***

Posted initially in the "good deals in economy class" thread and got yelled at. So here it is in its separate thread:

UA: SLC-LIM $440 r/t all-in (also available as one-way fares for half the price). Sample dates 3/25-4/1/2014
Well, is it "r/t" or is it "one-way"? No, I'm not yelling at you. Just trying to sort out the ambiguity.
Quote: Well, is it "r/t" or is it "one-way"? No, I'm not yelling at you. Just trying to sort out the ambiguity.
Op posted round trip price, but that price total is based on one way fares. So it can be booked one way for the half price posted
Tx. I have one of these. Outbound from SLC-IAH-IAD-EWR-LIM with an overnight at Shark family near IAD - found the four sector routing using ITA and it priced at 217 o/w. That's 6500 PQM with 500 mins. Return needed to be speedier and routes via IAH.
Discussion in this thread too (since UA responded to DL's attack of UA hubs in kind): DL:SFO-ATL-LIM/RT$443;10,630base miles
OP: I wasn't yelling at you (although it may have seemed that way). I'm yelling at the FT MR snobs who have been yelling at those who dare start a thread in the MR forum that doesn't meet their personal definition of a MR. The result of that is that very few threads get posted nowadays because folks like you are afraid. It's ridiculous.

And as for discussion about this existing in the SFO-LIM thread? Who cares.

1. I don't fly DL
2. I don't live anywhere near SFO

So why would I look at that thread?

No wonder the MR Deal forum is turning into a ghost town. To hear some tell it, everything in this the MR forum could be lumped into one of these threads:

1. Premium good deals
2. Economy good deals
3. Trick It

And no one would ever see it. Oh wait, that's probably the point.
Newbie!
Hello! We fly a lot, but I'm new at the "getting deals on flights" thing. I just ran the same criteria that you posted earlier today (SLC-LIM 3/25 to 4/1) and got a price of $1028/pp round trip. Am I not searching correctly? Thanks for your help!
Quote: Hello! We fly a lot, but I'm new at the "getting deals on flights" thing. I just ran the same criteria that you posted earlier today (SLC-LIM 3/25 to 4/1) and got a price of $1028/pp round trip. Am I not searching correctly? Thanks for your help!
I believe the fare is gone from slc, I didn't find anything a few minutes ago, but saw for $419 this morning
yep, its gone. i booked 2 flights and then tried to book another for a friend and it was gone.
It's back! Slightly higher price now though - from $480rt on United.
Quote: It's back! Slightly higher price now though - from $480rt on United.
Indeed it is.
I still can see the fare but slightly higher price.
It's $480 out of DTW too, same dates as originally posted, most of April 2014.
Quote: It's $480 out of DTW too, same dates as originally posted, most of April 2014.
And MSP.

Probably would be good for a mod to amend the title.
For whatever reason (probably B6) UA also has BOS-LIM for ~$480ai.

One sample:
Dec 6-7 BOS-DEN-IAH-LIM-IAH-DEN-BOS ~$489ai (11506mi ~4.2cpm)