Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: LIS-GIG (via EWR & IAH) €706.66 (V fare; 19602 mi, USD 4.6cpm; multi-city bkg.)

UA: LIS-GIG (via EWR & IAH) €706.66 (V fare; 19602 mi, USD 4.6cpm; multi-city bkg.)

Old Jun 9, 2013, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by pantanal
AA had a similar fare for about $650 that went from cdg/fra/dus to nyc and then down to gru or gig and back.

That fare was even cheaper, you could get it for 500 euros all in.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...i-rt-back.html
I remember that and also remember wishing I was an AA flyer at the time, as I would have booked several. This will be the first year I run out of GPU's without killing myself to use them thanks to this fare.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks for bringing up this fare, CaptainMiles!

Variations on this fare are posted from most European cities to both GIG & GRU — I saw quite good fares ex-LIS/DUB/SNN/BRU/AMS and moderately good fares out of MAD/BCN/LHR (!)/BFS/CDG/FCO/FRA/TXL/ATH/STR/HAM/EDI/CPH/ARN/GVA/ZRH .

I saw fairly good R availability on AMS-IAH-GIG // GIG-IAH-LHR, which is comfortable if not the highest mileage-earning option. Ended up booking a November trip SNN-EWR-IAH-GIG//GIG-IAH-ORD// stopover for holiday // ORD-LHR instead, priced only about €100 more than just flying home for Thanksgiving.

This is a rare excellent deal for UA travel.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:03 pm

I did this last month out of ARN and returning to TXL. At least for some city pairs, been around for over a month in the fare class.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by mherdeg
Thanks for bringing up this fare, CaptainMiles!

Variations on this fare are posted from most European cities to both GIG & GRU — I saw quite good fares ex-LIS/DUB/SNN/BRU/AMS and moderately good fares out of MAD/BCN/LHR (!)/BFS/CDG/FCO/FRA/TXL/ATH/STR/HAM/EDI/CPH/ARN/GVA/ZRH .

I saw fairly good R availability on AMS-IAH-GIG // GIG-IAH-LHR, which is comfortable if not the highest mileage-earning option. Ended up booking a November trip SNN-EWR-IAH-GIG//GIG-IAH-ORD// stopover for holiday // ORD-LHR instead, priced only about €100 more than just flying home for Thanksgiving.

This is a rare excellent deal for UA travel.
Cheers - thanks for more research - this is great for folks wanting to goto both Europe and South America (from the US)...

Does anyone [with access to a GDS/EF/KVS] know if there are any fares available from Europe to a non-South American country, say to Australia or Asia? I'd goto SA, but I do NOT want to pay the visa/entrance fee (yes, I know, I should talk to my own representative,senator,etc...)! :-)

-jeremy
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: kayaker
Question for the experienced: if I have a week-long stopover in the US, am I allowed to nest a ticket to fly from my stopover point, or is UA going to pick up on that and bust me? I'm considering an ORD stopover but might want to head to PIT for a couple days.

Would it "help" if I flew out of MKE for my nested ticket or is any travel during the stopover forbidden?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by o mikros
Question for the experienced: if I have a week-long stopover in the US, am I allowed to nest a ticket to fly from my stopover point, or is UA going to pick up on that and bust me? I'm considering an ORD stopover but might want to head to PIT for a couple days.

Would it "help" if I flew out of MKE for my nested ticket or is any travel during the stopover forbidden?
Nesting has never been an issue for me.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:17 am

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA

I can't speak to what is legal, but I "stop over" for months on these sorts of tickets. I have never had any problem taking other flights during the stopover.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion

nothing illegal about what you are wanting to do, you are not doing it to circumvent fare rules of either fare. illegal nesting is less common now that many fares dont have saturday night stayovers.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:42 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
UA V earns 100% on A3. This could be instant *G status for 3 years with one €706 trip.
I'm not quite sure what that means. How would this result in a *G status? I apologize if the questions sounds silly..a newbie in the community
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:41 am

Thank you for this deal. Looks good indeed
BRU - LHR - IAH - GIG - IAH - IAD - BRU costs 790€ for 31354 miles.

Question for you experts I'm quite new and I would like to be a Star Alliance Gold member. I read about aegean airlines. So if I book this flight with UA and list myMiles&Bonus number as the account to be credited with points for that flight. Enough ? Will be credit 31354 miles or less ?

Thanks
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:31 am

Programs: UA Star Gold (lifetime)
Has anyone gotten this to work from MUC. thanks
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by mastiiii
I'm not quite sure what that means. How would this result in a *G status? I apologize if the questions sounds silly..a newbie in the community
You need 19K to get *G with A3. Read the A3 forum for more details. If you route through IAH, this gets you *G.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold | Club Carlson Gold | Le Club Platinum | British Airways Silver | * Alliance Gold |
Just booked:

ARN-EWR-IAH-GIG-IAH-EWR-(stopover 30 hours)-ARN
780€
20.692 Miles
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:23 am

Thanks for the great deal!

Just pulled the trigger:

AMS-EWR(layover)-IAH-GIG-IAH-AMS
20110 Miles (40220 incl premier bonus)
for 721 EUR
Old Jun 18, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: Mileage Plan
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by ASEFlyer; Jun 18, 2013 at 8:50 am Reason: wrong thread

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.