Search

UA: YYZ-HKG $864 ai RT (4.7cpm; June)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by rehoult
...a full week later...

FFS. We all know you hate AP with a passion, but could you please at least pretend to read the thread before beginning your relentless bashing?

YOWzer: You are fine. It is a UA K fare. It is mapping to K on the AC flights. K earn 100% on AP for AC (and UA) transborder flights. End of story.
How complicated is this for some AC apologists? MY 2 POST ARE CLEAR.
check with AC but if its on AC metal going to USA i doubt you will get full miles. Again it depends on the fare.

NO miles for these fares to USA??
Discount Economy** N, G, P, E, A

Reality for most people Avoid AC metal unless you know where the fare maps to... pretty simple advice even for apologists. ^
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by why fly
How complicated is this for some AC apologists? MY 2 POST ARE CLEAR.
check with AC but if its on AC metal going to USA i doubt you will get full miles. Again it depends on the fare.

NO miles for these fares to USA??
Discount Economy** N, G, P, E, A

Reality for most people Avoid AC metal unless you know where the fare maps to... pretty simple advice even for apologists. ^
As noted, this fare had already been booked and confirmed to be mapping into K on AC. So your scaremongering (which is often very valid with regards to AC fares), was not valid as it pertains to this fare, which is what the question was about.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
The only other thing to worry about here is that if one books K on AC metal - its fine for now - but as we've seen, FFPs have moved AC K to 50% (most recently A3) - this comes with no announcement, its only a matter of time before UA/US follow.

Booking AC K long term (yes I know this fare is for June) - you should be ready that UA/US may change earnings without notice.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by rehoult
As noted, this fare had already been booked and confirmed to be mapping into K on AC. So your scaremongering (which is often very valid with regards to AC fares), was not valid as it pertains to this fare, which is what the question was about.
OK What I was trying to do was WARN the US flyers is its very risky to buy fares on AC because they will get tricked into buying fares that AC wont give miles. Retroactive changes are AC specialty and no customer service when you point out the fare rules were different when you booked.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: AP, MP
UA K class is again on sale until June 30 for Canada-Asia routes, maybe this fare is still available for some dates. Currently YOW-SIN is 1181 for 20k miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.