FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   AS: SAN/SEA-BOS ~$178ai (Limited Availability) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1457273-san-sea-bos-178ai-limited-availability.html)

CokeandTaco Apr 10, 2013 3:12 pm

AS: SAN/SEA-BOS ~$178ai (Limited Availability)

AS: SAN/SEA-BOS ~$178ai (T) (Limited Availability)

Samples:
May 21 SAN-BOS-SAN $178ai (5162mi ~3.4cpm)
Jun 12-15 SEA-BOS-SEA $178ai (4974mi ~3.6cpm)

-VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON EACH TRIP ON/AFTER 16MAY 13. TRAVEL ON THIS FARE COMPONENT MUST COMMENCE BY MIDNIGHT ON 27JUN 13.
-PERMITTED MON/TUE/WED/THU/SAT.
-FOR ONE WAY FARES.

chipshot4me Apr 10, 2013 3:15 pm

Question - being part of OneWorld, can this also earn EQM on AA or does it need to be a codeshare?

mosquito Apr 10, 2013 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by chipshot4me (Post 20570267)
Question - being part of OneWorld, can this also earn EQM on AA or does it need to be a codeshare?

Yup, it earns miles.

wheresdg Apr 10, 2013 3:51 pm

^ Great Find! Thanks OP :D

TheBOSman Apr 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Ugh that's a long flight to have guaranteed economy...tough to pull the trigger for me personally.

Great find ^

PainCorp Apr 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 20570497)
Ugh that's a long flight to have guaranteed economy...tough to pull the trigger for me personally.

Great find ^

So you aren't willing to take 2 flights in coach to ensure upgrades in the future....and they say the elites are over entitled....

SST Apr 10, 2013 5:24 pm

EQM from AS posts in about two weeks in your AA account.....

CaptRobPhD Apr 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Only .5x EQP but 2x miles for RDM if you have AA status.

TechMarauder Apr 10, 2013 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp (Post 20570652)
So you aren't willing to take 2 flights in coach to ensure upgrades in the future....and they say the elites are over entitled....

These aren't just 2 flights... 5 hour flights in coach (when you are already EXP) aren't on the top of the pile.

If you're asking for renewal though, 178 for a transcon is a great price.

pfbloom Apr 10, 2013 6:05 pm

Any AA match SAN-BOS or SEA-BOS ??

BTW, I see some BOS-SAN fares for $178 but not much love for BOS-SEA...

chipshot4me Apr 10, 2013 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by TechMarauder (Post 20571007)
These aren't just 2 flights... 5 hour flights in coach (when you are already EXP) aren't on the top of the pile.

If you're asking for renewal though, 178 for a transcon is a great price.

Does AS even recognize ExPlt status from AA as it relates to upgrades?

I've done coach on transcon and it's not one that I look forward to..but being a sucker for a very low cpm, I might not be able to control myself:)

tkelvin69 Apr 10, 2013 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by chipshot4me (Post 20571143)
Does AS even recognize ExPlt status from AA as it relates to upgrades?

I've done coach on transcon and it's not one that I look forward to..but being a sucker for a very low cpm, I might not be able to control myself:)

Nope, no upgrades for AA elites on the Alaska bus.

CDKing Apr 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 20570497)

Great find ^

If one is a DL elite, AS SAN/BOS F cabin has been having a lot of last minute buy ups to F so could be easy upgrade. One Saturday there were only 8 people in F

BTW I ended up buying a one way to SAN. Hopefully i will find a UA sale for the return as the AS return price is too high. Its good either way as i'm only booked 2500 mi short of MVPG for next year. As a backup it was only 12.5K award miles in coach for the sunday return

PV_Premier Apr 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 20571383)
If one is a DL elite, AS SAN/BOS F cabin has been having a lot of last minute buy ups to F so could be easy upgrade. One Saturday there were only 8 people in F

BTW I ended up buying a one way to SAN. Hopefully i will find a UA sale for the return as the AS return price is too high. Its good either way as i'm only booked 2500 mi short of MVPG for next year. As a backup it was only 12.5K award miles in coach for the sunday return

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...3-51cpm-2.html ?? @:-):D

or check out the DL F fare that CokeandTaco posted in the good deals premium thread...might work from SAN or nearby airport?

TheBOSman Apr 10, 2013 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp (Post 20570652)

I like having a chance at an upgrade. I've taken nine flights in coach this year already to ensure future upgrades, thank you very much. There will be other fares, this one also doesn't fit my schedule. :rolleyes: