Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AS: SAN/SEA-BOS ~$178ai (Limited Availability)

Old Apr 10, 2013, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by CDKing
If one is a DL elite, AS SAN/BOS F cabin has been having a lot of last minute buy ups to F so could be easy upgrade. One Saturday there were only 8 people in F
Not a big surprise, since AS doesn't have a large FF pool at either end at this point in time. Good to know though, would certainly be a decent buy up on this fare. I'm guessing not too many are aware AS now flies the route nonstop? Hopefully they can make it work, fares like this aren't the best sign of that though, but BOS-SEA works well and that is included too...
Old Apr 10, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by SST
EQM from AS posts in about two weeks in your AA account.....
My last ones posted <48 hours
Old Apr 10, 2013, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by ddrost1
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...3-51cpm-2.html ?? @:-)

or check out the DL F fare that CokeandTaco posted in the good deals premium thread...might work from SAN or nearby airport?
Ill have to check out the premium deal thread as UA N fares are always Tue, Wed and Sat and I need Sun

Oh Yea and for those that collect AS miles, BOS/SAN promo is double RDM through 5/29.

BOS/SEA double RDM starts 5/17

Last edited by CDKing; Apr 10, 2013 at 10:19 pm Reason: Corrected AS SEA/BOS Double miles dates
Old Apr 10, 2013, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by CDKing
Ill have to check out the premium deal thread as UA N fares are always Tue, Wed and Sat and I need Sun
Thought that special F fare was for BOS but it was actually for PHL...too much wine maybe if you could pin a cheap US shuttle flight to the end of it, it could still work for you. Looking at it a different way there was the DL fare from PHX-BOS for $184 and then use WN or US to get to PHX from SAN...
Old Apr 10, 2013, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ddrost1
Thought that special F fare was for BOS but it was actually for PHL...too much wine maybe if you could pin a cheap US shuttle flight to the end of it, it could still work for you. Looking at it a different way there was the DL fare from PHX-BOS for $184 and then use WN or US to get to PHX from SAN...
I decided to stick my with my coach AS award on the return, well unless a special cheap fare shows up. I earn enough miles through all the bonus on the outbound to cover all but 4K of my return award price. It was worth the sacrifice as cheap EQM is what i was really after.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 10:52 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.

Unfortunately just booked a RT BOS-SAN for end of April at the exorbitant price of $330. Had to satisfy Mrs.pfbloom's schedule constraints and could not get the $240 AA special to work.

Now this..... ouch, wicked good deal and non-stop, plus I've wanted to sample the AS service to SD. However I often prefer to have the midway stop in DFW to break up the trip, and have found that the connecting-flight itinerary yields very good upgrade success... I've been hitting about 90% as EXP.... but saying that I've probably jinxed this next trip....

BTW, thanks to CokeandTaco for reeling in the good deals here first.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If any AA people need a way home from the fare, AS has a ton of Coach saver space in case anyone wants to book an award with AA miles. DL miles wont work due to RT redemption restriction
Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: AS 75k
Looks like everything out of SEA is gone.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Nexus
Ugh! Bummed that I missed out on this one. Hard to find MRs for AS!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by WikiHNL
Ugh! Bummed that I missed out on this one. Hard to find MRs for AS!
Your best bet will be to watch fares between SEA and MCO, FLL, and the Hawaiian islands (HNL, OGG, LIH, KOA). These are all 5000-5500 mile loops and can occasionally be found around $300, which puts them at about 6 CPM. A quick check for May shows some May FLL fares for $348, some HNL fares for $367. Again not great but it gets you 1/4 of MVP.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: MVPG, VX-Silver
SEA/BOS looks done... but still some SAN/BOS, late May and early June...
Old Apr 11, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
Your best bet will be to watch fares between SEA and MCO, FLL, and the Hawaiian islands (HNL, OGG, LIH, KOA). These are all 5000-5500 mile loops and can occasionally be found around $300, which puts them at about 6 CPM. A quick check for May shows some May FLL fares for $348, some HNL fares for $367. Again not great but it gets you 1/4 of MVP.
Also add PHL and EWR, I've seen sub-$300 for both those routes lately.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Nexus
Thanks - HNL is my usual. I usually fly out of BLI, but finding good fares from there is even harder. Doing STL on Monday. Just learning how fast I need to jump on these great finds!
Old Apr 15, 2013, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by kwl747
Also add PHL and EWR, I've seen sub-$300 for both those routes lately.
There was a fare sale back in December for SEA-PHL or SEA-EWR for $218 R/T. Haven't seen anything like that lately though.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
There was a fare sale back in December for SEA-PHL or SEA-EWR for $218 R/T. Haven't seen anything like that lately though.
Would love a SEA-PHL deal like that. GF wants to visit PHL but looking for a good price on it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.