UA: BDL-LAS $276 ai 4.2cpm

Subscribe
New to MRs, but do not see them from BDL (my nearest airport) listed much if at all given where a spoke not a hub, so I started playing around to see what I could find on Ita Matrix.
Found 3/5-3/6 BDL-ORD-IAH-LAS-SFO-EWR-BDL for $276 ai which gcmap has as 6025, but with 500 mins works out to 6495 mi. Not tried to book as can't make those dates. Shorter routings available on many Tue and Weds for 1 nt turnarounds in next few months, with cpm in the 4.7-6.0c range.
Anyone else near BDL? Love to see some potential MRs from BDL posted periodically.
Quote: New to MRs, but do not see them from BDL (my nearest airport) listed much if at all given where a spoke not a hub, so I started playing around to see what I could find on Ita Matrix.
Found 3/5-3/6 BDL-ORD-IAH-LAS-SFO-EWR-BDL for $276 ai which gcmap has as 6025, but with 500 mins works out to 6495 mi. Not tried to book as can't make those dates. Shorter routings available on many Tue and Weds for 1 nt turnarounds in next few months, with cpm in the 4.7-6.0c range.
Anyone else near BDL? Love to see some potential MRs from BDL posted periodically.
Thanks. I am and will start posting some more. I just created a great DL run. Do you only fly UA? If you're ever down for a run together I run both DL/UA all the time.
It's been such a long time since I have seen a good fare from BDL for a real trip or a MR from this DL flyer!
Quote: Thanks. I am and will start posting some more. I just created a great DL run. Do you only fly UA? If you're ever down for a run together I run both DL/UA all the time.
Only UA status now, so that is only one I'd consider a MR on for now. I have never done a pure MR, but will book short getaways around MR fares. I just did NYC-ANC for a week in Sept.
Quote: Anyone else near BDL? Love to see some potential MRs from BDL posted periodically.
Thanks for the post. I'm near BDL but tend to look for cheap flights and turn the MRs into weekend vacations.
I'm out of BDL - I've done only 1 true MR out of bdl but have done SJU from BOS and am doing HNL and SFO from EWR in the next 2 weeks and ANC from BOS in May. I'm really a US Airways person but will do UA with my DM# and if I can fly US metal (like HNL on 3/5) then even better for the upgrades. Might do a a 2nd HNL MR on 3/7 because they have US metal on the way back which is the killer - that would be out of EWR. A new little trick I'm learning is checking HVN to see if similar itinerary is cheaper - it's only 25 mins from Hartford.
UA BDL-SMF is $318 until May 6th excepting Sundays, I have paid as little as $279 before, routing isnt as favorable this time around for SMF as for LAS. Often I can do SMF-SFO-IAD-BDL and reverse. With the better half currently living just over into NY I tend to monitor BDL fares so I will post more often too if it gets close to 5cpm.
anybody have any hints on how to get from small towns around BDL to BDL? Like from western MA? CT has good transit but its hard to transit to BDL and even harder to get to NYC.
Quote: I'm out of BDL - I've done only 1 true MR out of bdl but have done SJU from BOS and am doing HNL and SFO from EWR in the next 2 weeks and ANC from BOS in May. I'm really a US Airways person but will do UA with my DM# and if I can fly US metal (like HNL on 3/5) then even better for the upgrades. Might do a a 2nd HNL MR on 3/7 because they have US metal on the way back which is the killer - that would be out of EWR. A new little trick I'm learning is checking HVN to see if similar itinerary is cheaper - it's only 25 mins from Hartford.
what have you seen out of HVN, and then how does one get from HVN to surrounding area without a car? lol?
I know that it is served from metronorth from nyc
Quote: what have you seen out of HVN, and then how does one get from HVN to surrounding area without a car? lol?
I know that it is served from metronorth from nyc
I used HVN recently to go to a wedding in SF - it's pretty much only US from HVN which is fine by me. It saved me $100 vs flying out of BDL. It's a cheap cab ride to train station in New Haven but I drive. You could use Greyhound or something to get you to New Haven if the price is right.
i also recently found a decent fare SMF-HVN with UA/US metal. $325 r/t for travel in April. this was booked about 6-8 weeks ago.
There are some dates for flights from HVN-PDX (Portland, OR) for $336 -- 4.5-4.7 cpm. They have double connects to get 7100-7300 miles. Mostly on Tuesdays for a few dollars more there is an occasional Sunday or Monday. Connect through PHX to maximize the mileage (CLT just doesn't make it worth it). Can't find a similar fare for PDX out of BDL.
I recommend looking at CLD for MRs from BDL. I use to get 6576 miles for $218.4 at 3.3cpm.
Quote: I recommend looking at CLD for MRs from BDL. I use to get 6576 miles for $218.4 at 3.3cpm.
Thanks. Will do. What operator was this with in the past?
Poking around I found PVD-CLD on UA for $260 on a couple dates March/April (incl a Sat/Mon morning RT 4/27-4/29) which looks under 4cpm with 500 mins
Quote: I used HVN recently to go to a wedding in SF - it's pretty much only US from HVN which is fine by me. It saved me $100 vs flying out of BDL. It's a cheap cab ride to train station in New Haven but I drive. You could use Greyhound or something to get you to New Haven if the price is right.
For all UA/CO people in mid CT, dont forget about ZVE (New Haven Amtrak). Fares to SFO and others cab be found sub $300
ZVE- EWR-SFO... I have also found MRY and FAT in the past.