Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

WN sale: $49, $89 etc. Matches?

WN sale: $49, $89 etc. Matches?

Old Feb 6, 2013, 11:47 am

AA now looks to be matching against UA....UA hubs to a number of cities....
And the AA match currently has dates through EOS, which is nice....

Sample:
AA: May 1-4 EWR-DFW-IAH-DFW-EWR ~$166ai

Too many pairs to name them all....
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: HHonnors Diamond, AA Gold, UA Silver
Thanks to the op... I'm on vacation right now and haven't been good about checking my emails... Just rebooked several upcoming flights at almost half the original price paid... Now need to figure out where I want to go to spend all the credits I now have
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Anyone see any matches MSP-TPA? DL seems to have reduced fare, but not all that close
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by gbearbuck
Thanks to the op... I'm on vacation right now and haven't been good about checking my emails... Just rebooked several upcoming flights at almost half the original price paid... Now need to figure out where I want to go to spend all the credits I now have
Somewhere, where you'll receive special services from amateurs.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: Free agent flyer, Hyatt Globalist
Any decent UA MRs out of EWR or NYC?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz Prez
Lot of $177 fares between IAH-ORD
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DBCme
(emphasis mine)
What information do you have they are filling planes with $49 fares?
They likely are capacity controlling how many tickets at this price point.
In fact, my search of a few markets shows Southwest isn't even offering (or "sold out") this sale on some flights, even midweek!
Just spot checking a few routes when the sale initially came out yielded inventory of 9+ seats at the appropriate booking class. Accepting 9+ seats at $38 base ($49ai) is a money losing proposition. Not quite sure why airlines file such low sales anymore. Doesn't seem to be too necessary to file sale fares that are less than half price a normal "sale" fare. I think the smart legacy carriers are more than happy sitting this one out and watching the LCCs fill 10+ seats on their flights with these super low fares.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: Shamelessly Gold at Flying Burrito and AirTrain A+ Elite. Turkish Star Gold, 100k at Flying Eskimo
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
Just spot checking a few routes when the sale initially came out yielded inventory of 9+ seats at the appropriate booking class. Accepting 9+ seats at $38 base ($49ai) is a money losing proposition. Not quite sure why airlines file such low sales anymore. Doesn't seem to be too necessary to file sale fares that are less than half price a normal "sale" fare. I think the smart legacy carriers are more than happy sitting this one out and watching the LCCs fill 10+ seats on their flights with these super low fares.
Ok, let's get this straight.
Southwest is NOT a LCC.

If any, UA is.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:49 pm

UA matching WAS-ORD sector
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Minos
Ok, let's get this straight.
Southwest is NOT a LCC.

If any, UA is.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
Appears UA is matching DEN-CMH (Columbus, OH). Seeing a fair amount of $120 OW fares.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
For you to know that these are a money-losing proposition for DL, you must be a fairly high-level executive in DL's revenue management department. And as such, I would expect that posting such sensitive information in a public forum would violate your employer's agreement about sharing sensitive data.

Unless..... you don't really work for DL. And you don't really know. @:-)
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
This was a great sale for me to burn points from the Chase SW card. If there were good matches from UA, I'd have used travel certificates instead. I didn't find any that were worthwhile. I booked 3 WN round trips for 2 in this sale.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by vortix
Keep your eye out for other city pairs!
OH I'd love to see UA match some of those SAN fares!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Madone59
OH I'd love to see UA match some of those SAN fares!
ding ding, yes please

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.