Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA/AA/US: MKE/STL<->MRY starting $202 ai RT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

UA/AA/US: MKE/STL<->MRY starting $202 ai RT

UA/AA/US: MKE/STL-MRY (Monterey, CA) starting $202ai (G)

Sample:
UA: Jan 29-30 MKE-CLE-SFO-MRY-LAX-CLE-MKE $210ai (5200mi ~4cpm) - (~3.5cpm with elite minimums)

From the UA fare:
-VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON EACH TRIP ON/AFTER 02JAN 13. TRAVEL ON THIS FARE COMPONENT MUST COMMENCE BY MIDNIGHT ON 13MAR 13 (with some blackout dates).
-PERMITTED MON/TUE/WED/THU/SAT.
-FOR ONE WAY FARES.
----------

There might be other related fares out there....like this one:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19984718-post51.html
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:49 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Seems to work in reverse, as well.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, KrisFlyer Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Chase Private Client
Originally Posted by slocouple
Seems to work in reverse, as well.
Sure does. I've had my eye on STL and a few other options from MRY such as FLL & BOS.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:48 am

SFO-MKE-SFO or MKE-SFO-MKE works, too.

I was able to book SFO-LAX-CLE-MKE-CLE-LAX-SFO for $210 on March 4 (5435 mi @ 3.9cpm or 6104 mi 3.4 cpm with 500-mi minimum).
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:08 am
gfb

Programs: UA 1k, A3 Blue, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Sorry for the probably obvious question but how do I search for this? The United website doesn't like it and shows me fares around ~$800. Is there a better site for this?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by gfb
Sorry for the probably obvious question but how do I search for this? The United website doesn't like it and shows me fares around ~$800. Is there a better site for this?
Try going to the ITA website to get the dates that have these routing with this price; then go back to UA.com or other third party air ticket online website and use multi-destination to book. Hope this helps!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by gfb
The United website now sneakily (and some think unethically) only shows itineraries of only one stop or less. For something like MRY-LAX-CLE-MKE and return, you'll need to try the multicity search option.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:52 am
gfb

Once again, my apologies for silly questions.
I'm checking matrix.itasoftware.com and can't seem to find these fares, but maybe I'm not searching right? I am typing in each segment into the multi-city search for march 4/5 and come up with ~$1000+

I have also tried one-way with 'CLE SFO LAX' in the routing code but that ends me at MRY

Again, sorry for the noob questions.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:59 am
gfb

I think I figured it out

It's not a one-way but a return flight with routing codes. Playing with it now to see how crazy I can get with the routing
Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:00 am
gfb

So out of curiosity, how do you find the original fares? for example, how would I find any similar fares leaving from MSN?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by gfb
I think I figured it out

It's not a one-way but a return flight with routing codes. Playing with it now to see how crazy I can get with the routing
See how quick (just after 3 FT postings) you can become a pro now to guide and train the next newbie? :-)

Welcome to FT!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: AS 100K
You can use some ITA routing language on Hipmunk (like specifying connecting cities). Hipmunk will then direct you to United.com to book it.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, KrisFlyer Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Chase Private Client
Originally Posted by gfb
So out of curiosity, how do you find the original fares? for example, how would I find any similar fares leaving from MSN?
There are a lot of options. Do a Google search "how to find mileage runs" I'd start with farecompare/maps, but understand it's an imperfect solution. Many fares you find (especially international) are errors and will not price out.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by gfb
Google flights is a fun tool. while it doesn't have the MR utility that ITA does, i've found some interesting last minute fares through its service.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:55 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I am not finding these prices, esp not in reverse. Tried early Feb. March definitely out. Much less with your routing. Gone or am I missing something??? Using Tue/Wed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.