Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK IAD-IST $399 ai, 10450 miles or 3.8 CPM

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:30 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Marriott Premier Plat
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Elite 500 mile mins from IAD-EWR-IAD perhaps?
Sorry, forgot to state with elite minimums
Old Jan 10, 2013, 4:29 am

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Any OneWorld match to this IAD-IST for $400 fare?

Wishing it were so.....!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:20 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Helping my friends plan their honeymoon. Any dates in June?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Not bad at all. It's actually a bearable 10H flight in Y

Originally Posted by skywalk
I have never flown with TK. Can someone tell me how is their coach cabin for a trip such as this. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by weekendroady
This deal is insane. I'm literally going to have a full day (not to mention a relaxing evening and a relaxed return day) in Istanbul and I only had to take one day off work. I usually never bite on these deals because my schedule isn't the most flexible - but I had to on this...

Hoping these miles load up on my Air Canada Aeroplan ok...
Oh dear. First step: Ditch Aeroplan. Second step: Change your ticket. This is example number 784 of why Aeroplan sucks - it won't accrue butkus on a G fare on Turkish Airways. It does accrue 100% on United.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:36 am

Fare rules are outbound transatlantic from February 8 to February 17.

My buddy failed to get back to me in time yesterday to lock in the IAD-IST-IAD for $413 but we did end up ex JFK for $461 by the end of the night. Still hard to say no to when most transatlantic fares have that in YQ alone.

I was trying to match up availability on Expert Flyer and usually only could get one seat in G until that combination finally produced at least two.

There were plenty of options also available from $450 down to about $412 from DL, AF, and UA, connecting in various places ex JFK and IAD. I don't know if they're still available today but would guess they are.

Base fare of $125 plus about $335 in tax.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by wxlvr
found on google.com/flights, verified on .bomb, all on united metal.

2/16-18/2013: IAD-EWR-IST-EWR-IAD, 11058miles, 413, 3.7cpm
That's quite a deal. A few weeks back I booked a similar UA itinerary (DCA-EWR-IST-EWR-DCA) for $538, and I thought that was a steal. Now I wish I'd waited to pull the trigger.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, SW Preferred, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Etihad Gold Elite
Question Routes to IST from DEN?

Can anyone help me find this route to IST from DEN for a decent rate? Looking to turn this into a MR if possible. As you see this is my first post on FT1! *G on UA

Heres to my first post! stoked!

Last edited by KGDIII; Jan 10, 2013 at 11:36 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by KGDIII
Can anyone help me find this route to IST from DEN for a decent rate? Looking to turn this into a MR if possible. As you see this is my first post on FT1! *G on UA

Heres to my first post! stoked!
Welcome to FT.

DEN as a destination is not part of this deal, so any fares you will find from there will be much much higher. What most people do in your situation is to try and make a list of dates that work from IAD, and then see if there is any way to get a suitable connection from your hometown to the Washington area.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ is a good place to start. Good luck.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:26 pm

$639 from ATL

I was looking for positioning flights, but it actually works for a decent price, not MR, from ATL.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1k; Hyatt Plat; SPG Gold; Avis PC Preferred; Priority Pass Select; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by salesna
That's quite a deal. A few weeks back I booked a similar UA itinerary (DCA-EWR-IST-EWR-DCA) for $538, and I thought that was a steal. Now I wish I'd waited to pull the trigger.
Yeap. Booked the same but for 417
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Locked in $416 for 8 nights. I'd actually make a vacation out of it seeing how I was planning to go to Turkey this year anyways. Problem is that I'm in IAH right now, so trying to figure out if its worth $416 + 10,000 miles (25k to get to IAD - after I negate the mileage I would have earned).
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by jjgollum
Move to NOVA, see the world... great prices right now. Enjoy!
Don't move to NOVA unless you like tolls, taxes, expensive rent/mortgage payments, and being totally and abjectly dependent on the whims of capricious and spineless politicians.

That said, feel free to connect through IAD.

</rant>

Last edited by vandrei; Jan 10, 2013 at 10:11 pm Reason: add rant tag
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:43 pm

Programs: United, Delta
Finally pulled the trigger, was debating it this morning and my 1st choice dates are gone now. Any deals on parking near IAD for about 10 days?

Need to figure out a place to stay too, think I should stay in same place for 10 days or will I need to move around to really see everything?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by FTconnie
Finally pulled the trigger, was debating it this morning and my 1st choice dates are gone now. Any deals on parking near IAD for about 10 days?

Need to figure out a place to stay too, think I should stay in same place for 10 days or will I need to move around to really see everything?
This is definitely Off-Topic, but I think (if your profile is right) that you'd be better suited to get a one-way rental car down to IAD and/or take public transport, by MegaBus or BoltBus or Amtrak...parking at Dulles is not cheap, even Economy is $10/day I believe - so you're talking about US$100 plus the gas down, whereas the other options are definitely cheaper...but if you really do want to drive, you'd probably be very well suited for one of the stay at a hotel then fly deals, at some of the super cheap hotels out in the suburbs there...

-jeremy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.