DL: LAX-JFK-SJU $406 RT (8144 mqm / 4.9 cpm: must be purchased by Jan 14)

Subscribe
I completed a mileage run late last year (LAX-MSP-ANC-MSP-LAX) to make PM but I am still fairly new to mileage runs and this is my first post about one so be gentle, haha! I am shooting to crack DM this year and was unable to rollover much of anything as I just became a SkyMiles member in August. I've already booked the LAX-MIA run Delta Point's Rene posted and I figured I'd post this one to share and get feedback as to whether or not it looks like a worthwhile deal.

It's also worth noting that for $884 (7.2 cpm) you can book the entire run in business elite to earn 12,214 MQM. This might be good if looking to bank more MQM in one sitting and/or for those folks not looking to leave the direct LAX - JFK (vise versa) upgrades to chance. Certainly a better deal than paying $995 to Delta for $10,000 MQM IMHO, although it obviously won't combine with qualifying miles from the 2012 calendar year like buying MQM before 1/31 will.

I have done this as well as a business trip, but you will have to get a hotel room & transfer from the airport.

Well unless you stay at the hotel inside the airport.
Holy moly, $900 rt for 12K MQM with 2 segments in Delta BE?? That's actually not bad of a deal.
Quote: Holy moly, $900 rt for 12K MQM with 2 segments in Delta BE?? That's actually not bad of a deal.
It's an amazing deal, especially with the service quality LAX-JFK
So it turned out to be a bit more complex than I had anticipated. Although delta.com was offering me the BE ticket I would ultimately work all the way through the process only to be told that the seats were no longer available. Normally I'd be perplexed by a system trying to sell me something that doesn't exist but I've read enough horror stories about the DL website to not be surprised. Despite the initial issues after a few hours of tearing my hair out on the DL website, expertflyer and speaking with the DL CS reps I was finally able to make it work. Big thanks to Rose working the PM line at Delta for all of her help!

All of the segments are booked in I fare class. The ticket came out to $894.40 and will net 12,214 MQM.

Hopefully if this is appealing to anyone else they'll also be able to make it work. I was also told that they have ample availability for the economy tickets at $406, however I believe the rate is based on the discounted fairs between JFK and SJU that have to be booked no later than January 14 per below.

Edit: Nassau & San Juan: Tickets must be purchased at least 7 days prior to departure but no later than January 14, 2013.
Ahh SJU is back....dont suppose anyones found this out of MSP again?
Just tried to do this trip- priced out 1,542.40 including the upgrade - bumped up from 406...

You got an amazing fare though
Quote: Just tried to do this trip- priced out 1,542.40 including the upgrade - bumped up from 406...

You got an amazing fare though
I just priced it out at $874.40 upgrades included.
Can get this to price to $874.40 in business on ITA in fare class 'I', and I can see availability on ExpertFlyer in I for most sets of given dates, but can't get delta.com to book it for that price into business, nor can the reps that I'm calling see the 'I' availability except for a few scattered seats here and there. The only date I can see this for on delta.com is the date above, 2/4-2/5. Has anyone found any other dates that work?
Quote: Can get this to price to $874.40 in business on ITA in fare class 'I', and I can see availability on ExpertFlyer in I for most sets of given dates, but can't get delta.com to book it for that price into business, nor can the reps that I'm calling see the 'I' availability except for a few scattered seats here and there. The only date I can see this for on delta.com is the date above, 2/4-2/5. Has anyone found any other dates that work?
Tough to find availability....I saw this one:
DL: May 28-31 LAX-JFK-SJU-JFK-LAX $874ai
I keep pricing this out on ITA and I can get either the LAX-JFK seg in I OR the JFK-SJU in I, but not both. Any ideas in booking this? Need to get to PUJ and AA still does SJU-PUJ with Avios and the coach fare to PUJ is the same as this BE to SJU.
This is like the sju to HNL rt deal in business class on dl for $875 back in Nov/Dec.
Can't seem to find dates with T fares all the way left :/