Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by 18sas
Thanks for posting!

I hope everyone jumped on this because today fares are about +$300 more than yesterday for every route that I tried.

I booked a AGS>ATL>LHR>AMS>SEA>SFO for $2120 ai on DL yesterday. 13.7 cpMQM/EQM. Booked at delta.com so 006 ticket stock and all DL coded. SEA>SFO on AS metal.

I went ahead and booked and was going to take advantage of the 24 hour cancel window to perfect the routing or find an alternate. But prices today are higher so I will stick with what I have.
It looks like UA is consistently $200 - $300 cheaper than DL. I wonder if DL raised their fares and United did not. Or if UA went back to the fares that were online earlier. For example NYC - LHR depart 25Nov return 29 Nov in Business Class: United $1613, Delta $1913 (according to Matrix).
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:47 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by XCstud
UA LHR-GIG (London - Rio de Janeiro) Z fare for <$3700. Any departure/return combo between 6/29 and 7/11.

Connecting through IAH will give you about 29,500 miles RT....works out to about $0.13 cpm
AA fare matching via JFK/MIA at £2159 for 620-680 Tier points
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by smachiz
I believe this books into I, but I can't pull up my itin (I have ticket numbers and a PNR - purchased direct from AZ).
You can go to Saudia and pull up your itin there with your 055 ticket number.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by 2old4coach
AA is offering SFO-EZE return, all in F for $3775-$4000. ai

Best price is 10 day stay in EZE. The routing I looked at was SFO-JFK (3 class 762) with transcon F service connecting to a 3 class 777 to EZE. Same for return. 50 day advance purchase. Min 10 days for +500 more min 7 days. Best price fly Mon-Thurs. ( My flight July 29- Aug 12 priced at 3999. at AA.com)
An excellent deal for a BAEC tier points run ^
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Originally Posted by smachiz
MXP-DXB AZ (EY Metal)
Seems to be wide open at ~$750 e/w ($1500 r/t). Purchasable on AZ (select US as country) as well as the big Ex.

Can't seem to pull up on Matrix.

It's actually a flight into AUH then free transfer (it tickets with a bus, but presumably you can just use EY's car service instead for free with the J ticket).

I believe this books into I, but I can't pull up my itin (I have ticket numbers and a PNR - purchased direct from AZ).
What was the special in this far? Turkish and Egyptair offers similar price level year round...
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by ben63
What was the special in this far? Turkish and Egyptair offers similar price level year round...
ben63, neither MS or TK operate this service with widebodies acft. On the other side both AZ and EY offers wb service on the route.

Moreover, I hope you don't want to compare MS hard and soft product to EY's one. About the hard product AZ and EY win hands down over TK and MS. In terms of service, EY is the best option, followed by AZ (hit or miss), TK (FAs need more training) and MS. F&B are very good on EY and TK, followed by AZ and MS.

Therefore, I think that these are the reasons because of this fare is here

hope this helps.
Luke
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ben63
It doesn't require a stop, it's a fully refundable/changeable fare, and it's less than half the cost of the fare EY publishes for the same flight. Not to mention the obvious differences in service between MS/TK and EY.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:15 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Never mind...
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by paffendorf
ben63, neither MS or TK operate this service with widebodies acft. On the other side both AZ and EY offers wb service on the route.

Moreover, I hope you don't want to compare MS hard and soft product to EY's one. About the hard product AZ and EY win hands down over TK and MS. In terms of service, EY is the best option, followed by AZ (hit or miss), TK (FAs need more training) and MS. F&B are very good on EY and TK, followed by AZ and MS.

Therefore, I think that these are the reasons because of this fare is here

hope this helps.
Luke
Good to see you back on FT Paffendorf!!!^
Old Jun 24, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: Alaska Air
AA NYC-GYE (Guayaquil) $747 a/i

Routes through Miami. Seems like a decent fare. 12 cpm.

One free stopover permitted.

American AA NLX23GQ1 NYC to GYE
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by wildway
Routes through Miami. Seems like a decent fare. 12 cpm.

One free stopover permitted.

American AA NLX23GQ1 NYC to GYE
Makes me think it is actually a coach fare.

It is actually NLW23GQ1/LAUP. NLX23GQ1 is the "base fare" according to the fare rules. It's a Y fare with paid upgrade. I've never seen that.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by skunker

It is actually NLW23GQ1/LAUP. NLX23GQ1 is the "base fare" according to the fare rules. It's a Y fare with paid upgrade. I've never seen that.
confused, but actually showing $747 on aa.com first/business
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by skunker

Not uncommon, similar to YUP/KUP/YnCUP fares. It is an I fare and will earn 1.5 EQP per mile.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by BrewerSEA
Not uncommon, similar to YUP/KUP/YnCUP fares. It is an I fare and will earn 1.5 EQP per mile.
No, this appears to be different. The XUP fares are actual filed fares. Here's the info for this one:
Code:
FOR TICKETING ON/BEFORE 27JUN13/FOR TRAVEL ON/BEFORE
   15DEC13
     VALID FOR ADULT PSGR.
     THE FARE WAS CALCULATED AS 100 PERCENT OF THE NLW23GQ1
     FARE PLUS USD200.00.
It's no doubt in business but appears to be a new way to file fares for AA.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Seems strange to me that Skyteam is holding prices consistently 300-400$ higher than the other alliances and JVs.

Although as an interesting Data Point, for the thanksgiving time period, DL/AF/KL are all pricing at ~$1900 for NYC-LHR, but DL's new JV VA is pricing at ~$1600... if only I could use my VDB vouchers to book through VA's website!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.