Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
MAN-KUL available for £1,860 rtn on QR. Also available from LHR for £1,900.

Book by 14/2/13.

Travel 16/1/13 - 15/7/13 / 11/8/13 - 05/12/13

Might be worth tagging onto the MH fare if you're flying later in the year when both airlines earn on OW....

LHR-DOH-KUL//HKG-MEL-HKG//KUL-DOH-LHR for £2,634(ish). Should be worth at least 840 BA TPs.

Flying before June then better to use BA's LHR-ICN rtn promo of £1818, and then tag on the HKG-SYD leg with MH, making the total cost £2,552. The £1818 fare junps to £2500+ after June, so the QR fare looks better for the latter part of the year.

Some interesting options, anyway.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Might be worth tagging onto the MH fare if you're flying later in the year when both airlines earn on OW....
That sounds great, but a word of caution. Sometimes the projected dates for joining an alliance are pushed back. I would expect QR to be up to the task, but you never know and you don't earn any EQM's or TP's if your travel date misses the actual join date.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by stimpy
That sounds great, but a word of caution. Sometimes the projected dates for joining an alliance are pushed back. I would expect QR to be up to the task, but you never know and you don't earn any EQM's or TP's if your travel date misses the actual join date.
Fair point. QR miles are of use to me, as I spend a lot of time in the GCC, but worth bearing in mind if you're someone who will end up with orphaned miles.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL DM
Looks like the US-EUR DL S Fares are back!

Looks like the US-EUR DL S Fares are back! Looks to be the 10 day minimum fares again. Just booked JFK-SVO in June for $1,631.64 all in. Also saw cheap fares to MAD, BRU, IST amongst others. SVO seemed cheapest. Enjoy!

Last edited by tadair; Jan 24, 2013 at 7:18 am
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by tadair
Looks to be the 10 day minimum fares again. Just booked JFK-SVO in June for $1,631.64 all in. Also saw cheap fares to MAD, BRU, IST amongst others. SVO seemed cheapest. Enjoy!
Great find!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:38 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, HYATT DIAMOND, AVIS CC, AA EXP
Any chance AA will match that delta fare??
Old Jan 24, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mrbrioni
Any chance AA will match that delta fare??
Hope UA matches, too.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:00 am

Same period, DUB with DL is 1482
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by af fp
Same period, DUB with DL is 1482
Also works to PRG, ZRH.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:35 am

Wirelessly posted (Ipod: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Only fom JFK? I saw fares from sfo to be much higher
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:41 am

It seems to work only on certain direct DL flights. So it should be mostly JFK and ATL.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by af fp
It seems to work only on certain direct DL flights. So it should be mostly JFK and ATL.
Works for AMS also. NS flights from EWR work, and it appears that connections are a couple of $hundred more expensive. Rules on ITA state that fares are effective May 17. I see cheap flights before then, but ITA cannot pull up the rules.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
Originally Posted by tadair
Looks like the US-EUR DL S Fares are back! Looks to be the 10 day minimum fares again. Just booked JFK-SVO in June for $1,631.64 all in. Also saw cheap fares to MAD, BRU, IST amongst others. SVO seemed cheapest. Enjoy!
Is this S-fare the business fare we know it today, or the New And Improved S-fare once DL realigns their fare structure with that of AF/KL? At that time, S becomes an economy class fare bucket.

(In other words, are you 100% certain you'll be flying in J and not Y?)

UPDATED: I just checked the fare rules for a dummy $1661 a/i ATL-DUB flight. It is a U-class fare with an instant upgrade to J, fare basis UKXB67US/WNUP. So yes, you're probably flying in J -- except if you get IRROPS!

Last edited by Throw Down Your Leavy Screens; Jan 24, 2013 at 10:39 am Reason: Checked the fare rules
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TheCount2
Works for AMS also. NS flights from EWR work, and it appears that connections are a couple of $hundred more expensive. Rules on ITA state that fares are effective May 17. I see cheap flights before then, but ITA cannot pull up the rules.
Does adding a connection exceed the MPM?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:34 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
REP-LAX via MH for 712USD+taxes/fuel

Found a filed fare on ExpertFlyer for REP (Siem Reap) to LAX on MH; one-way business fare of 712USD plus taxes and fees. Prices out about 1193USD one-way. Requires an overnight in KUL due to schedules and KUL-LAX (via NRT) is not a daily flight so some adjustments may be necessary to make it work. I was able to price it out on the Malaysia site in April. Books into D. Not bad if you need a one-way fare!

Edited to add: also available as a roundtrip for 1294USD plus taxes/fees (I priced it 2199USD all-in roundtrip), and is available from either REP or PNH via KUL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.