Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Old May 21, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sykes
  • Fare feels too good to be true? Don't call the airline!!!!!!
  • Double check that the fare is actually in Business or First as some online search engines or OTA's confuse booking classes on some airlines.
  • Post as many details as possible about the First / Business fare, including fare class, fare basis, one-way / roundtrip, sales channel, sample dates & total price, including taxes.
  • Post the details within the thread itself and not in the post title field as any information typed here cannot be seen by members accessing the thread using mobile devices.
  • Refrain from posting fare requests or engaging in off topic debates such as fare trends, specific aircraft configuration or visa requirements
  • The deeply discounted international fares discussed here are almost always specific to a certain country of origin, so don't ask if it works in reverse (e.g. a SFO-LHR-SFO fare usually won't work LHR-SFO-LHR). Domestic fares more commonly work in reverse.
  • Last, but not least, Don't call the Airline!
Print Wikipost

Good Deal Premium Fares 2013

Old Jan 13, 2013, 3:12 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
They still have some good C fares to Spain (MAD/BCN) for $1123/1143 respectively xSEA.
Same AP/min stay.
Books into Z/I/S for AF/AZ/DL respectively except US domestic in P.
MPM fare if using DL.
I tried to find it on Matrix without any luck, cheapest I am finding is $2,100. Where are you finding these fares?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by whimike
I tried to find it on Matrix without any luck, cheapest I am finding is $2,100. Where are you finding these fares?
I think he's quoting the base fare ... all-in is just over $2k.

These work from SFO, LAX, and probably other west coast cities as well. Also, LHR works as a destination (but you have to add the stupid APD on the return).
Old Jan 13, 2013, 4:41 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
SU

MOW/LED to SHA RT for USD 1300 AI in Z on SU (+USD 200 in I). Same price available on MU but from MOW only (O inventory or I after 01JUL13).

By some reason Z class of SU is not showing up on Matrix and SU website, but seem to be available on XP. One ways from USD 780.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 4:57 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
CX DXB-SYD/AKL for $2,900

Cathay biz (I) fares from Dubai or Abu Dhabi are the one of the best deals out there -- routinely well under $2K for most east Asian destinations.

A particularly good one is DXB-AKL for AED 10,610 all-in, around $2,900. Or AED 10,900 to SYD. Widely available.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

It seems a few reminders for posting in this thread are required:

• -please provide as much details as possible regarding your fare find, including total roundtrip including tax, any applicable dates or specific seasonality and fare class

• -please include the information in the body of the post and not the post title which isn't visible to members reading the thread on mobile devices

• -please limit the commentary & conversation to follow-up questions only, not how good or bad the specific airline's F or J class may or may not be, destination discussion or further off topic issues better covered elsewhere on FT

• -please use the 'report bad post' function to bring moderator attention to posts you may feel don't conform rather than posting regarding the merit of the post in question

This thread works best when we all help our fellow posters with just the facts. You help in keeping this thread focused is appreciated.

Edited to add this thread really isn't the right place to have a discussion about how it's formatted or structured and for those wanting to carry on that topic I'd kindly ask you to bring those opinions up in this TB thread.

tcook052
Mileage Run Forum Moderator

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 13, 2013 at 8:00 pm
Old Jan 13, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG PLAT, ALASKA MVPGOLD
Originally Posted by Sykes
I think he's quoting the base fare ... all-in is just over $2k.

These work from SFO, LAX, and probably other west coast cities as well. Also, LHR works as a destination (but you have to add the stupid APD on the return).
Could you tell me what APD is? I'm a noob. And what dates did you look for? Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
Originally Posted by DP81
Could you tell me what APD is? I'm a noob. And what dates did you look for? Thanks!
APD = Airport passenger duty (I think). A particularly hefty tax imposed on airlines flying out of the airports in the UK.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
LX are resuming direct service to SIN from 13th May and have some good deals ex-SIN for business class. Zurich for S$3680 (US$3k) round trip all inclusive. other points in Europe for slightly more.

Seemed to be valid outbound monday and tuesday only. Bookable until 28th Jan for travel until November.

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/Pages/in...698&Country=SG
Old Jan 18, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
If you'd like some summer fun...

I was reading on AirlineRoute.net that Uzbekistan Airways (HY) has decided to keep their JFK-RIX-TAS service running throughout the summer schedule. Link: http://airlineroute.net/2013/01/18/hy-jfk-s13/

On Thursdays, the service runs with "new" 2-class 763. I haven't been able to find a picture of the new interior, if anybody has info, please post.
On Sundays, the service runs with old 3-class 763. The old product is F/C/Y. Picture of F looking into C here (from 2008): http://www.airliners.net/photo/1485424/ Only thing which isn't clear is if it has remained the same. According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzbekistan_Airways), they have two configs on 767 - F5/C40(!)/Y, and C18/Y. In the A-net picture, it's F10/C18 (visible, possibly more). It's very likely that they just removed one row of F, making it one row of 2-1-2 F.

HY has fifth-freedom rights on JFK-RIX and v.v., so if you're planning on a Latvian holiday, this could be a very interesting flight option.

HY flights are visible on ITA.

Round-trip in C is 2400 USD.

Round-trip in F is 3100 USD.

Both are still cheaper than the cheapest first-world country airline in J.

Anyone interested?

Last edited by jlisi984; Jan 18, 2013 at 4:53 pm
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:08 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by jlisi984
If you'd like some summer fun...

I was reading on AirlineRoute.net that Uzbekistan Airways (HY) has decided to keep their JFK-RIX-TAS service running throughout the summer schedule. Link: http://airlineroute.net/2013/01/18/hy-jfk-s13/
I'm trying to imagine my girlfriend's reaction if I told her I was flying to Riga on Uzbekistan Airways. It would not be pleasant, that much I know for sure.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by taliesin
I'm trying to imagine my girlfriend's reaction if I told her I was flying to Riga on Uzbekistan Airways. It would not be pleasant, that much I know for sure.
I'm not sure about HY, but Latvia is a lovely country and Riga is an amazing city.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 6:18 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Originally Posted by heramato
I'm not sure about HY, but Latvia is a lovely country and Riga is an amazing city.
^ ^

Romelle
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Question: What CPM would qualify as a worthwhile premium fare for a trip within the US?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by steveholt
Question: What CPM would qualify as a worthwhile premium fare for a trip within the US?
Depends on the airline, status, city pairs and a million other factors.

This isn't a mileage run thread. The only criteria here is that the fare is in a premium class (so generally F for domestic US fares) and is considerably cheaper than the regular fare for that route.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by steveholt
Very subjective--- some of us on this thread aren't mileage runners or looking to minimize CPM (ie, connecting multiple times on our way across the country). Personally, a domestic Premium fare that's significantly cheaper than normal is interesting to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.