AA/DL: PHX-HNL $298 ai RT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
AA/DL: PHX-HNL $298 ai RT

Just found this fare and was able to book it, fares are good in Feb and April 2013 and you can do a MR, I was successful in a dummy booking of a same day trun around.

I book 2 trips, one in Feb and one in April. $298 AI, lots of openings. I booked mine through AA.com, booked into Q on both trips.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thanks, OP! Just booked PHX-LAX-HNL-DFW-PHX for $298ai, about 3cpm! Incredible find! Thanks a lot!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:44 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
UA showing $349 a.i. for some dates in Apr, May.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:15 pm
Formerly known as caveruner17

Come on ORD.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
DL matched. I saw some dates in February.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Routing via DFW gets the most miles.
1 day AP.
DL fare has 3 day min stay though or Saturday night
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:39 pm

Couldn't find any weekends, unfortunately.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jetsarefast2
23 Feb has Q on o/b but inbound is the problem
Keep in mind that the HNL flights often have a TPD on TPAC fares which makes it more desirable so that EXPs are only going to be stuck in Y 8 hours or so instead of 12-13

Last edited by AA_EXP09; Dec 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 27, 2012, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jetsarefast2
Try harder, how about April 11(thrusday) or 12th (Friday) till 14th (sunday) or 15th (monday). There are other days in Feb, Friday till Monday. This can be a one day (well sort of) trip...
Old Dec 27, 2012, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
23 Feb has Q on o/b but inbound is the problem
Keep in mind that the HNL flights often have a TPD on TPAC fares which makes it more desirable so that EXPs are only going to be stuck in Y 8 hours or so instead of 12-13
What is TPD?

For those coming from Hawaii, note that there are some promo codes for 5% off to PHX on the AA forum. I found a couple of weekend for $300. Thanks OP!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 1KHI
What is TPD?

For those coming from Hawaii, note that there are some promo codes for 5% off to PHX on the AA forum. I found a couple of weekend for $300. Thanks OP!
no problem, but if you are going to be in town, let me know, always love to show people around and take them to some of the best southwest meals one can buy... ANYWHERE....
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Try harder, how about April 11(Thursday) or 12th (Friday) till 14th (Sunday) or 15th (Monday). There are other days in Feb, Friday till Monday. This can be a one day (well sort of) trip...
For MRs, as I'm based in the Midwest and would position to PHX, my schedule only allows a Saturday departure with a Sunday return. Thank you though. Wish I could be in Phoenix on January 3rd.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 2:06 am

Awesome, thanks! I'll be there twice in February and April! Definitely will contact you...

Likewise if you or anyone else is coming to Hawaii. We can get a few Mai Tais at Dukes, or try some local food.

Let's PM.

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
What is TPD?

no problem, but if you are going to be in town, let me know, always love to show people around and take them to some of the best southwest meals one can buy... ANYWHERE....
Old Dec 28, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Many of the DFW routings jump fares on AA.com - fare shows initially at $298 but increases to $1106 when you try to purchase.

Maybe available on one of the OTAs ??

Last edited by pfbloom; Dec 28, 2012 at 5:49 am Reason: clarified
Old Dec 28, 2012, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is TPD?

ticketed point deduction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.