Search

UA: SMF-FLL from $336ai Jan/Feb/Mar

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
UA: SMF-FLL from $336ai Jan/Feb/Mar

Very loose routing rules on this fare make it extremely favorable to pile up a lot of miles, at a reasonable cpm

SMF-FLL 336ai and up

Example 2/4-2/5
SMF-LAX-ORD-IAH-FLL-TPA-IAD-SMF

$360.60 for ~7800 miles with 500 mins

4.61cpm

K fare bucket

Last edited by PV_Premier; Dec 12, 2012 at 10:17 pm
Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Unfortunately, this is not good price. Try to fly SFO-FLL nonstop instead of one-stop. Find a better price.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by N830MH
Unfortunately, this is not good price. Try to fly SFO-FLL nonstop instead of one-stop. Find a better price.
4.7cpm and simultaneous ~$50/seg? ru kidding me? this is a MR fare, not a "get there quick and cheap" fare.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:42 pm

Programs: united airlines
Originally Posted by ddrost1
4.7cpm and simultaneous ~$50/seg? ru kidding me? this is a MR fare, not a "get there quick and cheap" fare.
Not sure what the difference is between "a MR fare" and a "get there quick and cheap" one, since it seems to me that any fare/itinerary that yields low cpm is the stuff of a good MR fare. (Since earning elite status through segments is not my thing, thank goodness, cost per miles rather than cost per segment is my measuring stick.)

"Efficiency" is of course a consideration too, since there is money and time beyond that spent on the actual ticket and occupying the seat. And the fewer trips one takes, the less time and money that goes into getting to and from airport, parking, passing through security, etc. But if the opportunity is there to fly out and back transcon in a day for 5.0 cpm, then I prefer to collect 5K or so miles doing it more directly than prolonging my day or increasing the hassle to net me 5.25K miles, even if it might drop the cpm to 4.8 cpm, which would be less than $12 on a <$300 ticket.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by ddrost1
Very loose routing rules on this fare make it extremely favorable to pile up a lot of miles
the routing is loose, some days you can get a nice tour of FL tossed in. thanks op

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.