Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:55 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
The second routing is a 5m charge for exceeding MPM
What is a 5m charge ?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:06 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Have been to Bejing and Shanghai, got a visa and never asked for anything, no one wanted to see airline ticket.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by HMPS
What is a 5m charge ?
Surcharge that results from exceeding MPM
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by sfo
Have been to Bejing and Shanghai, got a visa and never asked for anything, no one wanted to see airline ticket.
The last time you applied for a Chinese visa from the Chinese Consulate in US must be prior to AUG 2012. Post AUG 2012, you are required to have either an invitation letter or your e-ticket print-out. Been there; done that!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 7:55 pm

The price has dropped:

AA: SEA-PEK as low as ~$597ai (Q)

Sample:
Feb 26-Mar 4 SEA-ORD-PEK-ORD-SEA $600ai (16550mi ~3.6cpm)

-PERMITTED MON THROUGH THU ON EACH TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
-TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 3 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
-VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 07JAN 13. TRAVEL ON THIS FARE COMPONENT MUST COMMENCE BY MIDNIGHT ON 24APR 13.

-Other routings available (some with AS codeshares)....
Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond
This may be relevant (quote from China subforum):

Originally Posted by jiejie
Starting to get more credible reports from multiple places that as of January 1, 2013, certain nationalities will get an expanded 72 hours to Transit Without Visa at PEK, and of course leaving the airport will be allowed. If this is true, we should start hearing of some field-tested successes in several weeks, and will be able to verify directly with front-lines Immigration at PEK. Once confirmed that people are achieving the 72 hours, we'll update relevant Stickys.

In the meantime, this particular report lays out the relevant nationalities quite clearly:
http://www.wcarn.com/cache/news/22/22734.html

Other requirements of the TWOV (international to international itinerary) still apply. And nationalities not on this favored list still get 24 hours to transit without visa. It is assumed that if a double-stop transit inside China is planned where PEK is the first or second stop, that rules currently applicable (24 hour total limit inside China) will still apply.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA EVP, United 1K and 2MM, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Delta
Originally Posted by efox
This may be relevant (quote from China subforum):
Thanks for pulling that info in! I am actually reading this in Beijing right now on a mere 7 hour TWOV .

72 hour could help with some of these multi-day MR tix restrictions - IF something like a US city X-PEK-NRT-back to the states would qualify as a transit. Just not sure if a connection only in NRT would qualify.

And apologies for wandering toward the edge of this topic...
Old Dec 5, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
The price has dropped:

AA: SEA-PEK as low as ~$597ai (Q)

Sample:
Feb 26-Mar 4 SEA-ORD-PEK-ORD-SEA $600ai (16550mi ~3.6cpm)

-PERMITTED MON THROUGH THU ON EACH TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
-TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 3 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
-VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 07JAN 13. TRAVEL ON THIS FARE COMPONENT MUST COMMENCE BY MIDNIGHT ON 24APR 13.

-Other routings available (some with AS codeshares)....

WOW! $597ai would be awesome. I booked a trip first week of Jan at about $860 SEA-LAX-ORD-PEK-ORD-SEA.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Just booked a SEA-ORD-PEK-ORD-SEA R/T for $659 a/i but the SEA-ORD-SEA flights are on AS with no upgrades. oh well, still a great deal for the miles. Hope my visa application now in does come back for a multiple entry so I don't have to pay up again after my Jan visit.

Thanks for the updates!
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:59 pm

Programs: M&M, AAdvantage, FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by IggySD
Several 3-5 day trips in JAN, FEB and MAR on UA for $750 per ITA but routes through SFO instead of ORD so not nearly as good a cpm
UA has also dropped, SEA-SFO-PEK-SFO-SEA is now $617. It is only 13,000 mi though.

And SEA-NRT-PEK-NRT-SEA with ANA for $769. Not a mileage run but it is still a good price, and you get 20 hours flying in the 787
Old Dec 7, 2012, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, AF, BA, KE, SQ, CX, DL, TG
From Ben's blog:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...ing-next-year/

The fare goes down to $597 in March.
There were $611 in April as well. I got on in April for $654 (Fri-Mon) SEA-DFW-ORD-PEK-ORD-SEA for 3.7cpm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.