Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA/AA: NYC-HNL ~$435 ai RT (Jan 2013; Tons of Dates; AA match)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA/AA: NYC-HNL ~$435 ai RT (Jan 2013; Tons of Dates; AA match)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyer89
I will see you then sir, if you need club access let me know, I can guess you in since we'll be in the same plane outbound and inbound.
I have UA club membership but let's meet for drinks/chat if you want. If anyone is doing the HNL MR on dec 10/11 and needs club access or wants to meet up PM me.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
Sorry lost track of the thread. Was looking for it but was searching in the discussion one.

Was on the flight EWR-HNL-EWR on Dec 10 and being a little tired of the HNL lounge ended up walking down to central food court to walk in the gardens on the lower floor and try to find some hot food.. HNL-EWR is only snack boxes and al la carte stuff, no fresh food.

End up bumping into flyer89 briefly at the ticketing kiosk upon landing in EWR when I was getting my BP for MIA. The BP was giving me problems and he was rushing off to take a shower before getting back on the plane..

YMMV, sometimes the plane does a turnaround in EWR and/or HNL but not always. They sometimes have other aircrafts lined up so if you do back to back runs keep that in mind.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 1.93MM+, UA Gold, SWA Comp Pass, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
LGA>HNL experience

I flew this past weekend (LGA-IAD-HNL-ORD-LGA) for $479 r/t

First seg was great (767) with upg but the return (777) with two class service (I had upg as well) was a beast. if you're looking for this as a EOY MR, I'd suggest avoiding the 777.

Being I had to get to LGA (from SNA..) made this a very long weekend, I was still able to log >15k pqm and it was worth it.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
FYI this appears to be on DL as well (can get same day turns for $456)
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: united airlines
Will go have a look, but is this fare still available ex-EWR, ZVF, and possibly other cities (e.g., BWI)?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by itsme
Will go have a look, but is this fare still available ex-EWR, ZVF, and possibly other cities (e.g., BWI)?
Looks like it's only available out of EWR (cost is double from BWI) and only dates left for the $435 fare are today and tomorrow unless they open up some additional low fares the rest of the month. Lots of these fares available in Jan, Feb, and March 2013 however.

Last edited by sammyindc; Dec 12, 2012 at 9:31 am
Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by sammyindc
Looks like it's only available out of EWR (cost is double from BWI) and only dates left for the $435 fare are today and tomorrow unless they open up some additional low fares the rest of the month. Lots of these fares available in Jan, Feb, append March 2013 however.
Was sorry that I didn't avail myself of those low fares when they were available ex-BWI, but alas I didn't.

Not clear what you mean when you say "only dates left for the $435 fare are today and tomorrow," then mention "Jan, Feb, append March 2013." Are you saying that those fares are currently available for purchase ex-EWR (what about ZVF?) if one waits until next month, that is January?

BTW, I see that you like me are an ex-WAS person. Have you booked or are you looking at any good ex-WAS possibilities for 2013? I hate the re-qualifying MRing (dropping from 1K to 1P next year, and still have 2 transcons to go to make it to 1P), but reluctant to kick the habit, especially short of 1MM mark.

Thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:36 am

Was sorry that I didn't avail myself of those low fares when they were available ex-BWI, but alas I didn't.

Not clear what you mean when you say "only dates left for the $435 fare are today and tomorrow," then mention "Jan, Feb, append March 2013." Are you saying that those fares are currently available for purchase ex-EWR (what about ZVF?) if one waits until next month, that is January?

BTW, I see that you like me are an ex-WAS person. Have you booked or are you looking at any good ex-WAS possibilities for 2013? I hate the re-qualifying MRing (dropping from 1K to 1P next year, and still have 2 transcons to go to make it to 1P), but reluctant to kick the habit, especially short of 1MM mark.

Thanks.
What I meant to say is that the only dates left this month and this year are today and tomorrow at $435 fare. So if you are looking at a MR before the end of the month that's what's left for these routes. However, for 2013, plenty of dates available.

I have a number of trips scheduled for 2013 that should get me to 1k without a need for MRs but I may still do some MR to HNL if the $435 fares stays to get me closer to 1 million (my goal is to get to 1 million lifetime before I reach 30)
Also maybe turn these HNL MRs into short vacations. Usually there a some great MRs to BUR or SNA out of DCA for around 7000+ miles for under $300.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Forgot to message you when I was in the club Sammy, I was too busy taking a nap in the TV room. Were you in businessfirst (first) from EWR-HNL? Trying to guess who it is, cause I took a pretty good look of the cabin lolz.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:04 pm

What I meant to say is that the only dates left this month and this year are today and tomorrow at $435 fare. So if you are looking at a MR before the end of the month that's what's left for these routes. However, for 2013, plenty of dates available.

I have a number of trips scheduled for 2013 that should get me to 1k without a need for MRs but I may still do some MR to HNL if the $435 fares stays to get me closer to 1 million (my goal is to get to 1 million lifetime before I reach 30)
Also maybe turn these HNL MRs into short vacations. Usually there a some great MRs to BUR or SNA out of DCA for around 7000+ miles for under $300.
Thanks. If you make 1K or close thereto from "serious" travel, that is for business or other meaningful reasons, then you needn't bother with the foolishness of MRing. (Yes, I do think it foolishness, especially since I am all about being in nice place and don't enjoy the flying experience per se.) And if you are on you're way to 1MM before age 30, then you are doing great in the frequent flying department, and probably better able to withstand the stress of MRing than am I at my advanced age.

Not sure how you manage 7K+ miles out of those transcons, which produce <6K for me going through LAX or SFO, but probably not for me in any event, since already very taxing to manage 5K+ in a day of out and back transcons.

Thanks again for the EWR-HNL advice, and let's hope the cheap fares return to BWI. (Ever try the ZVF thing? Not sure that's for me, but it might work, especially if I could manage an overnight in NYC.)
Old Dec 12, 2012, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by flyer89
Forgot to message you when I was in the club Sammy, I was too busy taking a nap in the TV room. Were you in businessfirst (first) from EWR-HNL? Trying to guess who it is, cause I took a pretty good look of the cabin lolz.
Yes I was. I was in 1A with the video screen not working.

Thanks. If you make 1K or close thereto from "serious" travel, that is for business or other meaningful reasons, then you needn't bother with the foolishness of MRing. (Yes, I do think it foolishness, especially since I am all about being in nice place and don't enjoy the flying experience per se.) And if you are on you're way to 1MM before age 30, then you are doing great in the frequent flying department, and probably better able to withstand the stress of MRing than am I at my advanced age.

Not sure how you manage 7K+ miles out of those transcons, which produce <6K for me going through LAX or SFO, but probably not for me in any event, since already very taxing to manage 5K+ in a day of out and back transcons.

Thanks again for the EWR-HNL advice, and let's hope the cheap fares return to BWI. (Ever try the ZVF thing? Not sure that's for me, but it might work, especially if I could manage an overnight in NYC.)
I truly do enjoy doing MRs. I am done traveling for the year, for business, pleasure, and MR and I'm already looking forward to starting my travel season in January. I do very few "pure" MRs where I do same day turns. Most of my MR are combined with weekend getaways, business meetings. and so forth. I also do MR routings on business trips. I've posted before that instead of doing the regular IAD-BRU non stop I do IAD-SFO-FRA-BRU

As far as my 7,000+ miles transcons, I go to the Los Angeles area quite often for work and to visit family and do DCA-EWR-SFO-BUR - which gives you 3565 miles each way (with 500 minimum) and allows me to fly into BUR and avoid the chaos of LAX and the traffic nightmares of LA on a Friday evening. I usually book them as 2 one ways for around $150ish (and always get back $5 (times 2) in my travel bank).
Old Dec 12, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K; UA 1K
Pulled the trigger last night for next year. Great fare! Going home will be good. Hawai'i no ka oi!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by matkusopet
Pulled the trigger last night for next year. Great fare! Going home will be good. Hawai'i no ka oi!
what dates ? Considering doing another HNL MR in Jan or Feb but staying a few days there this time instead of same day turns.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 5:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K; UA 1K
Aug 14 - 22 (my Jan - June travel are booked, booked, booked!), just enough time to see family, hang on the beach, and eat my favorite grub. If our schedules overlap and you need a guide, I'm happy to show you around my hometown, just PM me!

what dates ? Considering doing another HNL MR in Jan or Feb but staying a few days there this time instead of same day turns.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:58 pm

(and always get back $5 (times 2) in my travel bank).
What does this mean? Am I missing out on five bucks here and there? The horror. Please elaborate and enlighten the unenlightened. Thx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.