Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: US-DOH, from $678 in Dec; cheaper in '13

AA: US-DOH, from $678 in Dec; cheaper in '13

Old Nov 28, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
SEA-MIA-JFK-LHR-DOH-LHR-JFK-DFW-SEA 20,278 EQM @ $1,058.60. January dates.
How many nights stay? Sample dates in Jan? Best I can find via ITA Matrix is closer to $1400.
Departing: SEA
mia jfk lhr AA+

Arriving: DOH
lhr jfk dfw AA+

Length of stay: 1-4 nights
Old Nov 28, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Doing this tomorrow - not looking forward to the BA segments in Y...
DEN - DOH, via MIA both ways. 20750 miles, 1 night stay
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum,
I was able to book a roundtrip in january for $685, anyone else traveling during that time
Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:15 am

India

Originally Posted by uxb
I'm actually considering this trip as a way of going to India since AA no longer does India direct.
DOH-India fares looked very high when I check with the same plan in mind.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 7:54 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by learningtime
DOH-India fares looked very high when I check with the same plan in mind.
$400,- r/t is expensive? Keep in mind that I am paying virtually nothing to fly JFK > DOH.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:23 am

JFK-DOH nothing?

Originally Posted by uxb
$400,- r/t is expensive? Keep in mind that I am paying virtually nothing to fly JFK > DOH.
If you are paying nothing to fly JFK-DOH, then $400 is not expensive. If you are paying $600+ for JFK-DOH, the total fare for US-India goes above $1K which is good but barely a deal from NYC. Of course, since this is not the Trick-it thread and "perhaps" I don't get flamed for asking, how do you from JFK-DOH for nothing? A trick? If yes, I'll look into it.

If you are using miles for JFK-DOH, that's a whole different thing. That is not paying "nothing"
Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:29 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by learningtime
If you are paying nothing to fly JFK-DOH, then $400 is not expensive. If you are paying $600+ for JFK-DOH, the total fare for US-India goes above $1K which is good but barely a deal from NYC. Of course, since this is not the Trick-it thread and "perhaps" I don't get flamed for asking, how do you from JFK-DOH for nothing? A trick? If yes, I'll look into it.

If you are using miles for JFK-DOH, that's a whole different thing. That is not paying "nothing"
I had a $500,- VDB voucher, so I used it toward the trip. As long as all of the segments were on AA or AA codeshare, the voucher was fully usable. In addition, I am burning a couple of SWUs.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by mikelat
How many nights stay? Sample dates in Jan? Best I can find via ITA Matrix is closer to $1400.
Departing: SEA
mia jfk lhr AA+

Arriving: DOH
lhr jfk dfw AA+

Length of stay: 1-4 nights
I was using end of January flights - out on a WEdnesday and return on Monday. I think you can leave Saturday for a few more dollars.

I used aa.com for SEA-DOH to find cheaper days and then the multi-city function to start adding other connections. I would prefer DFW-LHR but the 2 hour connection at LHR is worrisome.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.