Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

WN offers 40% off code; look for matches

Old Oct 9, 2012, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Through Thursday, Southwest has a discount code that gives 40% off its cheapest fares for a couple of off-peak weeks this fall and winter. In the past, the other airlines have matched this type of sale without needing a code. Please post any matches here. There could be some very good bargains.

http://www.southwest.com/
Old Oct 9, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
While it is early in the sale, what I am seeing is the legacies matching the Southwest price without the coupon but also without the roundtrip requirement. Previous Southwest semiannual sales did not have either of those hoops.

From MSP, DL and AA are matching short legs where they offer nonstops and UA is matching with ORD connections and ~$7 in extra segment taxes.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Cheapest fare?

Interesting. What is the cheapest flight and route using this sale? I found $56 as the lowest fare between MSP and Chicago.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:29 am

$42 between SAN-LAS OW

Don't know if anyone matched.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
UA seems to have matched the WN sale dates. Cross-country fares from/to LAS are around $150 all in.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by TravelByPoints
UA seems to have matched the WN sale dates. Cross-country fares from/to LAS are around $150 all in.
I don't see the $150 from all the cities... at least not from DTW or BUF.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mudd_stuffin
I don't see the $150 from all the cities... at least not from DTW or BUF.
Fares might be higher from BUF. Use Farecompare Map for a quick view and then ITA Matrix to search.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by TravelByPoints
Fares might be higher from BUF. Use Farecompare Map for a quick view and then ITA Matrix to search.
Fares are indeed higher from many other cities other than BUF. It is more accurate to say that some cross-country fares from/to LAS are $150 all-in.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It's worth watching EWR-SFO because Airfarewatchdog says WN's all-in 40% off fare is only $164 roundtrip. So far, on ita, I don't see a match, but folks seem to be indicating that UA is starting to match.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
It's worth watching EWR-SFO because Airfarewatchdog says WN's all-in 40% off fare is only $164 roundtrip. So far, on ita, I don't see a match, but folks seem to be indicating that UA is starting to match.
AFWD is showing this WN fare from IAD as well
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1P
Can confirm UA matched this on BWI-SFO 12/3-12/6. Was seeing >$400 this morning on united and kayak, but just booked for ~$280 a/i on united.com (still a little cheaper on SW at $260)
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I won't fly WN because of their program, but was going to OP this for the good of the order, and as an experiment to see if it fit the mods' criteria. Good it's sticking. One for the competition to hit...

BOS-SFO RT as low as $178 ai. (And no outlying airports necessary!) ^

This is usually the year-end nadir fare in the lean years. Glad to see it's returned this year.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
SAN-BOS on UA for about $200, first week of December, 1 night or same day turns possible, 4 cpm or less, depending on routing
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Firewind
I won't fly WN because of their program, but was going to OP this for the good of the order, and as an experiment to see if it fit the mods' criteria. Good it's sticking. One for the competition to hit...

BOS-SFO RT as low as $178 ai. (And no outlying airports necessary!) ^

This is usually the year-end nadir fare in the lean years. Glad to see it's returned this year.
Do you have sample dates for this? I'm not seeing this in Dec or Jan
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:13 am

Sale states from 11/28 through 12/12 and 01/07-02/14.

LAS-MDW for $126. Seen a few UA matches now on a few routes.

Last edited by antonius66; Oct 9, 2012 at 11:29 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.