UA: LGA-SJC $279 ai $.046 per PQM

Subscribe
Same day turns with decent availability Tuesday/Wednesday/Saturday until March 2013. All mainline metal LGA-IAH-SJC-IAH-LGA. Will also give you a chance to sneak a peek at the ANA787.

SunLover
Can you show a sample itinerary?
I can't pull this up.
Bookable on UA.com for $277:

Sat., Oct. 27, 2012 | New York, NY (LGA - LaGuardia) to San Jose, CA (SJC)
Depart: 5:45 a.m. Sat., Oct. 27, 2012 New York, NY (LGA - LaGuardia)
Arrive: 8:37 a.m. Sat., Oct. 27, 2012 Houston, TX (IAH - Intercontinental)
Flight Time:3 hr 52 mn Award Miles/Premier Qualifying*:1,416 /100%
Flight:UA1151 Aircraft: Boeing 737-800 Fare Class: United Economy (G)

Change Planes. Connect time in Houston, TX (IAH - Intercontinental) is 36 minutes.

Depart: 9:13 a.m. Sat., Oct. 27, 2012 Houston, TX (IAH - Intercontinental)
Arrive: 11:31 a.m. Sat., Oct. 27, 2012 San Jose, CA (SJC)
Flight Time: 4 hr 18 mn Award Miles/Premier Qualifying*: 1,608 /100%
Flight: UA1654 Aircraft: Boeing 737-500 Fare Class: United Economy (G)

Sat., Oct. 27, 2012 | San Jose, CA (SJC) to New York, NY (LGA - LaGuardia)
Depart: 12:11 p.m. Sat., Oct. 27, 2012 San Jose, CA (SJC)
Arrive: 6:08 p.m. Sat., Oct. 27, 2012 Houston, TX (IAH - Intercontinental)
Flight Time: 3 hr 57 mn Award Miles/Premier Qualifying*: 1,608 /100%
Flight:UA1678 Aircraft: Boeing 737-500 Fare Class: United Economy (G)

Change Planes. Connect time in Houston, TX (IAH - Intercontinental) is 51 minutes.

Depart: 6:59 p.m. Sat., Oct. 27, 2012 Houston, TX (IAH - Intercontinental)
Arrive: 11:29 p.m. Sat., Oct. 27, 2012 New York, NY (LGA - LaGuardia)
Flight Time: 3 hr 30 mn Award Miles/ Premier Qualifying*: 1,416 /100%
Flight: UA1119 Aircraft: Boeing 737-800 Fare Class: United Economy (G)

SunLover
Quote: Can you show a sample itinerary?
I can't pull this up.
Do a flexible search. I see it for $287 AI through IAH 1/15.
Quote: Do a flexible search.
Agreed - but don't always trust the results. With the Fare Calendar I have found different results (lower prices) on certain dates when I drill down. Kind of like the color coding bug with the reward availability calendar.

BTW aacharya EWR-TUS ~$280 ai is back for the same time frame if you were looking for something ex. fortress Newark.

SunLover
Quote: Agreed - but don't always trust the results. With the Fare Calendar I have found different results (lower prices) on certain dates when I drill down. Kind of like the color coding bug with the reward availability calendar.

BTW aacharya EWR-TUS ~$280 ai is back for the same time frame if you were looking for something ex. fortress Newark.

SunLover
Ooh - I have a friend in TUS! That might work out perfectly!
Quote: Agreed - but don't always trust the results. With the Fare Calendar I have found different results (lower prices) on certain dates when I drill down. Kind of like the color coding bug with the reward availability calendar.

SunLover
Or you can just wait till United messes with the schedule and you get an invalid itinerary notice and call them asking to change you over to EWR

So far my first 2 LGA-IAH-SJC-IAH-LGA runs this month have turned into EWR-IAH-SJC-IAH-EWR
does it work for the reserve trip? normally I fly from SJC-LGA-SJC? thanks!
For $7 more you can get another few miles...
The fare apparently allows you to book two stops... SJC-IAH-ORD-LGA or you can toss in CLE instead of ORD and you can even get creative and get DCA in there. Extra mileage isn't that much, but it gives you great possbilities for bumps if things go wrong (and it's kinda fun visiting airports).
Quote: The fare apparently allows you to book two stops... SJC-IAH-ORD-LGA or you can toss in CLE instead of ORD and you can even get creative and get DCA in there. Extra mileage isn't that much, but it gives you great possbilities for bumps if things go wrong (and it's kinda fun visiting airports).
DCA/IAD give the most miles, although LGA-DCA will be on US Shuttle so no 500 mile minimum. IAD-LGA on United Express will be CR2/7s though.
Quote: does it work for the reserve trip? normally I fly from SJC-LGA-SJC? thanks!
Yes; the price range is available for the reverse trip but you can't same day turn it.

SunLover
Quote: Yes; the price range is available for the reverse trip but you can't same day turn it.
SunLover
Right, until UA/CO adds a very early AM flight out of SJC or a red-eye, there's no way to get to LGA in time for the return.

Still, this route is currently the cheapest way to get trans-con with very little advance purchase.

$185 one way with a one day advance - great for last minute needs. If anyone knows of anything cheaper, please post...
Still available for $287, multiple dates available.
as a silver member, there is a 25% bonus on miles

does that mean this trip will earn 7560 (6048*1.25) status-qualifying miles for next year?
Quote: as a silver member, there is a 25% bonus on miles

does that mean this trip will earn 7560 (6048*1.25) status-qualifying miles for next year?
The silver member 25% bonus is on redeemable miles and not on status qualifying miles.