US/UA/DL: PHL-SAN/PDX starting at $224 ai

Subscribe
OK, this is a little high for "mileage run" transcons, but it's hard to beat these days. Especially since, if you're interested, you can fly US NONSTOPS from Philly (almost nobody ever flies transcon nonstop from Philly at these prices). Availability starts in late August, picks up in September and is good through fall. I don't see PHL-PDX for less than $240 ai.

I'm sitting on a bunch of "free" and $99 companion tickets through various credit card sign-ups, so I bit.
works in reverse too
On UA works from ZFV too
Following the "usual" sales pattern, this PHL fare seems to be good to SMF and ABQ as well. PHL-SAN remains the cheapest, though, by almost 20 bucks. PHL-PDX remains the most unusual, in that I've never seen nonstop flights (which are quite rare) this low in that market.
On UA you can route PHL-IAH/SFO-PDX and back for ~$260 and ~6200 eqms
Score! Routed SAN-SFO-PHL-SFO-SAN for the Rock and Roll Philly Half Marathon in September!! Thanks!!
Where is ZFV?
Quote: On UA works from ZFV too
Philly 30rd street train station
You take the Amtrak to EWR and get 250RDM if you are elite
Not sure about EQM=PQM's
Quote: Where is ZFV?
Philadelphia Rail Station. So far I see it only for UA, you take Amtrak between ZFV and EWR each way. Never done it myself, but somebody here has and can comment further if needed...
Quote: Philadelphia Rail Station. So far I see it only for UA, you take Amtrak between ZFV and EWR each way. Never done it myself, but somebody here has and can comment further if needed...
Right. And there's plenty of discussion on Flyertalk about whether you REALLY need to take the Amtrak segment. Some folks have used this as a workaround to get cheaper UA fares out of EWR. I haven't followed it closely this year, so I don't know if this loophole still works. For folks originating in Philly, it's usually more trouble than it's worth to take the train, unless the 30th St. Station is convenient for you. You do save a few dollar is PFCs this way, as train taxes are lower.
I was able to get it down to $199.91 SAN-EWR-ZFV-EWR-SAN by booking via Spirit Incentives (Thank You Card).

2425+250 EQM each way = 5350 EQM roundtrip
3.7 cents/EQM
Quote: I was able to get it down to $199.91 SAN-EWR-ZFV-EWR-SAN by booking via Spirit Incentives (Thank You Card).

2425+250 EQM each way = 5350 EQM roundtrip
3.7 cents/EQM
What is Spirit Incentives?
Quote: What is Spirit Incentives?
It's the (not very good) travel agency of the Citi Thank You card. Many of us use it to try to redeem the "free" companion ticket we get by having the Thank You Premier card (the companion ticket usually winds up costing about $80).
Seeing $125 OW from SAN-PHL (via SFO and EWR) on a couple random dates in December. PHL-SAN for the couple dates I chose was $185 but I'm sure those who are better at this can be more creative.