Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Old May 1, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by Spiff
CS? Customer service? You're not trying to contact a human, are you?
Of course not.

I'm just thinking the consequences if this fare gets cancelled.
Using a more trustworthy OTA would be more reassuring.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I just booked a RGN-SIN-LHR-JFK (search as multi-city) on b-t for $395. First two flights are in SQ C, last flight on Delta. This will--if it goes through--be issued on DL stock, which is a good thing considering what SQ just did to the last RGN deal.

The ticket is fully refundable, though it looks like b-t charges a $100 fee:

Airline: Delta
Travel Route: Mingaladon Int'l (RGN), Rangoon, Myanmar-John F Kennedy Intl (JFK), New York, NY, USA
Fare Basis: CFFWMM
Booking Code: C

Very important: You must cancel your reservation prior to the scheduled departure if you cannot travel as booked; else your ticket is automatically forfeited. You may cancel the reservation online by clicking on the My Trips hyperlink and locating your reservation, by calling our customer service during our business hours or by calling the ticketing airline.

PENALTIES
NOTE - CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED. -FOR CANCELLATION AFTER DEPARTURE- THE REFUND GIVEN WILL BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE FARE PAID AND THE APPLICABLE FARE FOR THE
JOURNEY FLOWN

A $100.00 agency service fee collected in addition to any airline specified fees is required to begin processing each reservation cancellation or change. The non-refundable fee applies per person, for all passengers except accompanied infants.

Refund note: It may take up to 8 weeks for a refund to be posted to your credit card or bank account in case of qualifying cancellation. Refund processing duration is determined by each ticketing airline.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: Volaris, UA Nothing
$452 plus $50 vayama fee has been charged on debit card. KE ticket so charge is from Korean Air in San Jose, CA.

Hope this sticks....
Old May 1, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Got in for march 27, 2013.

RGN-BKK-ICN-LAX

BKK-LAX legs are all KE first.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
I just had one ticketed.

Did another one for late October to take my +1 to Whistler which resulted in Vayama sending me the "Booking Verification" followed 15 minutes later by a "Booking Cancellation"

Tried booking same itin on cheaptickets.hk (Vayama's HKG sister) using a HKG based CC and got "Booking Verification" followed by nothing.

Will check if Amex has been hit. Maybe they do it manually over at cheaptickets.hk. Also not sure why Vayama ticketed my first but cancelled my second booking..

Why was my booking cancelled?
We could not guarantee ticketing on the flights you selected. Cheaptickets is a US-based travel agency, and certain itineraries (particularly some that originate outside of the US and Canada) may not be able to be processed through our automated ticketing system.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:26 pm

Remember: DON'T CALL THE AIRLINE
Old May 1, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Was planning a trip to Asia next month anyway, now I'll be coming back on this deal RGN-BKK-ICN-LAX. Just bought it on Opodo, still waiting for ticket numbers but the price is right at 160GBP each.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:28 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
I'm steering clear of KE. The F cabin misfiles seem to provoke giant pushback from all airlines (e.g. AA).

Mine are all-J, mostly Star A, and ticketed on 014 and... 006 stock. The 006 ticket includes an J sector on the SQ 380 which will credit to UA.

Now, finally, we can truly describe a DL offering as :-:BEST IN CLASS:-:

Muahahaha!
Old May 1, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
This is a strange one:

BT Store has my FF details for BA, and must have added them to this booking as the reservation is showing in my BA account as "Confirmed" in CW.

Doesn't appear to have ticketed from BT Store yet, though?

Programs: DL Gold
Very enticing. Did the TK Y+ fare last year and was able to work a vacation around that. Not sure another trip back to that region is in the cards right now.

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ KF Elite Gold, QR Gold, IB Plata, Hilton Honors Gold
Hi all, just sharing my experience -
booked through bt-store about 5 hrs ago (9pm GMT+8). A mixture of TG, SK, DL and AF A380 (DL code-share) to JFK. Came up to about USD$946 rtn in Business Class. Unfortunately, have yet to receive an e-tix despite it being accessible on checkmytrip.com
Old May 1, 2012, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Remember: DON'T CALL THE AIRLINE
That goes for seat assignments as well.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Update:

My booking through cheaptickets.hk also just got canned:

Why was my booking cancelled?
We could not guarantee ticketing on the flights you selected. Cheaptickets is a US-based travel agency, and certain itineraries (particularly some that originate outside of the US and Canada) may not be able to be processed through our automated ticketing system.
Amex did authorize some pre-auths from the merchant so the issue wasn't on my end. Looks like this thing is dying ?!
Old May 1, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by izzik
Let's see how long until someone calls the airline to confirm their F seat selection.
Already happened. Sadly the AFF site had this up two weeks ago. It has already largely been shut down.

Various newbies killed it.

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...k-38443-3.html
Old May 1, 2012, 12:36 pm

Booked on GY. The transaction just showed up as pending on my CC and the status is now "Status: On Ticketing Queue".

Fingers crossed!

Last edited by uberuber; May 1, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.