(Targeted) UA "Explore The World" Run: DEN-AMA $80 a/i RT (.96 cents/AWARD mile)

Subscribe
Try to register at www.unitedmapyourdreams.com. See the promo discussion thread here.

This is a targeted promo offering bonus RDMs based on the number of roundtrips booked and flown from 4/15/12 to 7/15/12. I'm not eligible (probably because I "won" Months of Miles ).

Individual offers may vary, but the "main" one seems to be:

1 RT: 5K RDM
2 RT: 10K RDM
4 RT: 25K RDM

Four DEN-AMA runs cost $320. You'll get 4K EQM (after 500-mile minimums), 8 segments, and 33K RDM for 1Ks (500-mile minimum per segment plus 100% elite bonus = 8K RDM plus 25K promo bonus = 33K RDM).

Same-day $80 turns available on 6/1.

One-night $80 turns available on 5/27, 5/31. (Use same-day change to switch to same-day turn.)

Many $100 same-day turns are available through July, which would increase the cost to $400 for 33K RDM (still a fantastic deal).
I received the following offer:

2 RT/5K RDM
3 RT/10K RDM
5 RT/25K RDM

Trying to figure out the best way to get these miles ex-LAX-area.
Thanks for posting BryanIAH ^

Creative approach (as always it seems with you). Unfortunately the EQM payoff is not high enough for the amount of time I'd have to devote to get the miles.
I'm still trying to search more cities. IAH has a few possibilities (to be posted shortly) then I'll move to the coasts.
Quote: I'm still trying to search more cities. IAH has a few possibilities (to be posted shortly) then I'll move to the coasts.
Best I can find out of SFO is SFO-MOD-SFO at $140 followed by SFO-LAX-SFO at $149.

Best I can find out of LAX is LAX-LAS-LAX at $94.

Edit to add: also, if you sign up for the TravelBank/united.com club at $25 for a year, but get back $5 per ticket booked, it can pretty quickly pay for itself.
Quote: Best I can find out of SFO is SFO-MOD-SFO at $140 followed by SFO-LAX-SFO at $149.

Best I can find out of LAX is LAX-LAS-LAX at $94.

Edit to add: also, if you sign up for the TravelBank/united.com club at $25 for a year, but get back $5 per ticket booked, it can pretty quickly pay for itself.
Thanks for the reminder about the TravelBank. I have not been a member since 2007-2008 but it might be time to renew given this 25K promo going on...
Thanks Brian. Appreciate the creativity! ^

Offer I got was not nearly as good.

Quote:
Earn 5,000 bonus award miles for 3 roundtrips, 10,000 bonus award miles for 4 roundtrips and a maximum of 25,000 bonus award miles for 6 roundtrips. Just purchase and fly on United before July 15, 2012, to any of the more than 370 destinations we serve.
This would be perfect, if UA gave me a reasonable offer, 7/8/9 doesn't make me want to fly any more in the next two and a half months, 1/2/4 or thereabouts would.
Quote: This would be perfect, if UA gave me a reasonable offer, 7/8/9 doesn't make me want to fly any more in the next two and a half months, 1/2/4 or thereabouts would.
I don't know why they have a 7/8/9 offer. That just seems insulting.
explore the world
must be targeted, i tried to register and was told I was not eligible for this offer.
More details on Travelbank?
Quote: More details on Travelbank?
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...b/Default.aspx
Quote: This would be perfect, if UA gave me a reasonable offer, 7/8/9 doesn't make me want to fly any more in the next two and a half months, 1/2/4 or thereabouts would.
Quote: I don't know why they have a 7/8/9 offer. That just seems insulting.
No kidding. Fly 9 round trips for a 25K bonus?
NM. Found my own answer.
Quote: must be targeted, i tried to register and was told I was not eligible for this offer.
I never recieved an email invite but just clicked on link and it registered me for the 4 trip , 25000 mile bonus