Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

(Targeted) UA "Explore The World" Run: DEN-AMA $80 a/i RT (.96 cents/AWARD mile)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Targeted) UA "Explore The World" Run: DEN-AMA $80 a/i RT (.96 cents/AWARD mile)

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2012, 2:27 am

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
1/2/4 here, I probably banked 4,000 miles on UA last year, by accident :P Not that I don't like you guys, but I kept status with AC :P I have a couple of trips planned within this time period already but I'll be adding on a couple of cheap trips to make the 4.
Old May 4, 2012, 7:51 am

If I change an existing flight on the day of the flight, (i am still Silver, so it will cost me $75) will it count as a flight for the Promo?
Old May 4, 2012, 12:06 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by uaflr
If I change an existing flight on the day of the flight, (i am still Silver, so it will cost me $75) will it count as a flight for the Promo?
Most likely no, as that will not require reticketing, just reissuing.
Old May 4, 2012, 2:34 pm

i got 2/3/5, what are the best options out of WAS?
Old May 4, 2012, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Craig6z
Guess there is an advantage to not flying much this year. This Million Miler got the 1 = 5K, 2 = 10K, 4 = 25K offer.

Tried enrolling my wife who is Gold "by marriage", and she was not eligible.

Thanks OP for the head's up.
I got that deal with Gold status. I also successfully enrolled my wife who is a real Silver, and nothing "by marriage." Odd.
The deal would be a lot better if it were PQM and not RDM. A lot of short SFO-LAS trips are coming up. They're usually not worth paying for, but with 25k RDM's, it's debatable. If it were 25k PQM's, it would be a no-brainer.
Old May 8, 2012, 1:49 pm
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by BryanIAH
Try to register at www.unitedmapyourdreams.com. See the promo discussion thread here.

This is a targeted promo offering bonus RDMs based on the number of roundtrips booked and flown from 4/15/12 to 7/15/12. I'm not eligible (probably because I "won" Months of Miles ).

Individual offers may vary, but the "main" one seems to be:

1 RT: 5K RDM
2 RT: 10K RDM
4 RT: 25K RDM

Four DEN-AMA runs cost $320. You'll get 4K EQM (after 500-mile minimums), 8 segments, and 33K RDM for 1Ks (500-mile minimum per segment plus 100% elite bonus = 8K RDM plus 25K promo bonus = 33K RDM).

Same-day $80 turns available on 6/1.

One-night $80 turns available on 5/27, 5/31. (Use same-day change to switch to same-day turn.)

Many $100 same-day turns are available through July, which would increase the cost to $400 for 33K RDM (still a fantastic deal).

I got the following message when I enters my united number

According to our records, you are not eligible to participate in this promotion.

If you feel you've received this message in error, please contact a MileagePlus® customer service representative.
Old May 9, 2012, 12:29 pm

This feel like it should be a great deal for me, since I got the 1/2/4 offer, and as a not-very-frequent-flyer who's nowhere close to getting status I care more about the RDM than PQM. But I can't really make the math work out right to convince myself to fly some flights just for the miles.

Out of WAS, the cheapest flight I can find is IAD-JFK for $120. That's 456 miles flown, 5000 bonus miles, and, for me, 240 bonus miles if I use my Chase UA card for the purchase. That comes out to 2.1 CPM. But since my main goal with my RDMs is international economy awards, that doesn't seem like a no-brainer CPM rate, since so far I'm getting roughly the same CPM in value for my award bookings.

Should I be trying to think of it as it being close to breaking even, in terms of CPM spent vs expected value for my awards, that it's like getting an almost-free flight to New York (or whatever other destination works out reasonably well)? Or is it just not a good enough deal for my miles usage? Or am I just not in the proper FT MR mindset yet, and need to read more trip reports about luxurious trips in F?

Last edited by gumbotime; May 9, 2012 at 1:08 pm Reason: Fixed math
Old May 9, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
I think I got the worst offer of anyone... perhaps since I already have 35,000 EQMs this year?

Kevin, earn 5,000 bonus award miles for 8 roundtrips, 10,000 bonus award miles for 9 roundtrips and a maximum of 25,000 bonus award miles for 10 roundtrips.
Old May 9, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K; UA 1K
That's odd...not sure how they're targeting these offers, but I've flown 81,000 PQM since January and got the 1/2/4...

Originally Posted by KevinInRI
I think I got the worst offer of anyone... perhaps since I already have 35,000 EQMs this year?

Kevin, earn 5,000 bonus award miles for 8 roundtrips, 10,000 bonus award miles for 9 roundtrips and a maximum of 25,000 bonus award miles for 10 roundtrips.
Old May 9, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Diamond, peasant elsewhere
Originally Posted by gotofly
Originally Posted by BryanIAH
Try to register at www.unitedmapyourdreams.com. See the promo discussion thread here.

This is a targeted promo offering bonus RDMs based on the number of roundtrips booked and flown from 4/15/12 to 7/15/12. I'm not eligible (probably because I "won" Months of Miles ).

Individual offers may vary, but the "main" one seems to be:

1 RT: 5K RDM
2 RT: 10K RDM
4 RT: 25K RDM

Four DEN-AMA runs cost $320. You'll get 4K EQM (after 500-mile minimums), 8 segments, and 33K RDM for 1Ks (500-mile minimum per segment plus 100% elite bonus = 8K RDM plus 25K promo bonus = 33K RDM).

Same-day $80 turns available on 6/1.

One-night $80 turns available on 5/27, 5/31. (Use same-day change to switch to same-day turn.)

Many $100 same-day turns are available through July, which would increase the cost to $400 for 33K RDM (still a fantastic deal).

According to our records, you are not eligible to participate in this promotion.

If you feel you've received this message in error, please contact a MileagePlus® customer service representative.
Same - 2P, 4 segments for ~10K miles so far this year.
Old May 9, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold and Virgin America for a few months
Originally Posted by gotofly
I got that message too, has anyone contacted Mileage plus and had it changed ?

Soarer
Old May 9, 2012, 6:12 pm

Does anybody know if there is a way to track

1. If you are enrolled in the promo at all? I received the offer via email (7/8/9, as a Plat with 40 segments thus far in 2012), enrolled, but see no mention of it on my UA.com page.

2. How far along you are in the promo - i.e., how many RTs you have completed that meet the req's thus far?

Looks fairly opaque to me...would appreciate any insights, if there are any

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2012, 10:59 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Huh, I tried it again and this time it worked. I may have put my old MP# in the first time instead of my new one though

CMK10, earn 5,000 bonus award miles for 1 roundtrip, 10,000 bonus award miles for 2 roundtrips and a maximum of 25,000 bonus award miles for 4 roundtrips.
Old May 10, 2012, 11:19 am

1/2/4

1/2/4 offer. Haven't flown with United in slightly over a year. Any cheap UA flights out of NYC?

Best RT flights were from JFK to IAD for 130, same day.

Last edited by flyforfun247; May 10, 2012 at 12:02 pm
Old May 13, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
any other low cost flights from LAX. I see LAS at $130 and SFO at $170 not much out there for 1 day turns in the next month, do you know of any. Thanks and Safe Travels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.