UA: SYD-SFO/LAX-LHR $1540AUD ai (26k PQM/RDM)

Subscribe
Just booked this out for myself to push me well into 1k for this year (and to see the sister)
3-7 nights in London and very good availability for may-july
K fare from Syd to west coast and L fare from there to LHR
Price?
OP said AU$1050
Quote: OP said AU$1050
$1540 AUD
Hm, 6cpm and a LOT of time in the back of a 747. Not sure how much I want to suffer for 1K status...
Quote: Hm, 6cpm and a LOT of time in the back of a 747. Not sure how much I want to suffer for 1K status...
Vallium is your friend

Also flying out of SYD (where I'm based) 6CPM is nearly unheard of...
9-10 is generally the rule
Quote: Just booked this out for myself to push me well into 1k for this year (and to see the sister)
3-7 nights in London and very good availability for may-july
K fare from Syd to west coast and L fare from there to LHR
sample dates please
Quote: $1540 AUD
I think so.
Grt fare from Syd to Lhr. But still in back of the bus on 747. Not sure I'd deal with UA on this one. If fare even close, I'd have booked on OZ (syd-icn-lhr) in Y. Soft and hard product far superior.
Q fare available from LHR with free stopover in the US for 300US$ more (around 1900$).
Quote: Q fare available from LHR with free stopover in the US for 300US$ more (around 1900$).
That'd be one amazing use of a GPU!
Quote: That'd be one amazing use of a GPU!
I'm using a SWU for LHR-SFO-SYD in May. IIRC, I was able to book it with an 8~ hour connection in San Francisco, which will allow me to leave the airport, etc. Also used a SWU on the return and am only waiting for SFO-LHR to clear.. With the 777/77Q swaps, IM has been a lot tighter on award space, which saves them in the case that it's a 777 and then swaps to 77Q at the gate, which would see them downgrading people.
Quote: I'm using a SWU for LHR-SFO-SYD in May. IIRC, I was able to book it with an 8~ hour connection in San Francisco, which will allow me to leave the airport, etc. Also used a SWU on the return and am only waiting for SFO-LHR to clear.. With the 777/77Q swaps, IM has been a lot tighter on award space, which saves them in the case that it's a 777 and then swaps to 77Q at the gate, which would see them downgrading people.
Park Hyatt SYD?

I may be making a similar trip in August. Want to check out Hyatts in SYD, MEL, and Canbera.

Under SHARES, does one SWU still cover the whole trip?
Cool itinerary ^
Quote: Park Hyatt SYD?

I may be making a similar trip in August. Want to check out Hyatts in SYD, MEL, and Canbera.

Under SHARES, does one SWU still cover the whole trip?
Park Hyatt Canberra

The CO agent that answered when I called the 1K Desk says that he doesn't see any restriction on the use of a SWU. Hopefully that is still the case.