Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 25, 12, 4:07 am   #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Syd
Programs: UA 1k, VA G
Posts: 413
UA: SYD-SFO/LAX-LHR $1540AUD ai (26k PQM/RDM)

Just booked this out for myself to push me well into 1k for this year (and to see the sister)
3-7 nights in London and very good availability for may-july
K fare from Syd to west coast and L fare from there to LHR
LordTentacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 12, 1:25 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SFO, HKG
Programs: UA Premier 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive, AMEX Platinum
Posts: 4,329
Price?
garykung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 12, 4:20 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOS, also SFO and LIS
Programs: UA 1K, A3*G, TK*G, DL, US
Posts: 5,316
OP said AU$1050
__________________
/.
Palal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 12, 8:50 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ICT & BOS/MHT
Programs: AA ExP, A3 *G, SPG Plat75, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PlatA, Club Carlson Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palal View Post
OP said AU$1050
$1540 AUD
__________________
Flying for Free is more Fun
HansGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 12, 9:45 pm   #5
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K, SPG G, HH D
Posts: 4,477
Hm, 6cpm and a LOT of time in the back of a 747. Not sure how much I want to suffer for 1K status...
unavaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 12, 11:58 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Syd
Programs: UA 1k, VA G
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavaca View Post
Hm, 6cpm and a LOT of time in the back of a 747. Not sure how much I want to suffer for 1K status...
Vallium is your friend

Also flying out of SYD (where I'm based) 6CPM is nearly unheard of...
9-10 is generally the rule
LordTentacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 12, 2:15 am   #7
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTentacle View Post
Just booked this out for myself to push me well into 1k for this year (and to see the sister)
3-7 nights in London and very good availability for may-july
K fare from Syd to west coast and L fare from there to LHR
sample dates please
brian1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 12, 3:17 am   #8
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansGolden View Post
$1540 AUD
I think so.
cabdolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 12, 4:40 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: LA - MEL
Programs: UA 1k *G, AA Plat, Marriott Silver
Posts: 330
Grt fare from Syd to Lhr. But still in back of the bus on 747. Not sure I'd deal with UA on this one. If fare even close, I'd have booked on OZ (syd-icn-lhr) in Y. Soft and hard product far superior.
grteyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 12, 11:31 am   #10
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: BAL
Posts: 1,793
Q fare available from LHR with free stopover in the US for 300US$ more (around 1900$).
LilZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 12, 11:36 am   #11
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ICT & BOS/MHT
Programs: AA ExP, A3 *G, SPG Plat75, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PlatA, Club Carlson Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin View Post
Q fare available from LHR with free stopover in the US for 300US$ more (around 1900$).
That'd be one amazing use of a GPU!
__________________
Flying for Free is more Fun
HansGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 12, 6:47 pm   #12
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lawrence, Kansas (FOE/MCI)
Programs: UA 1K/RCC, AA EXP BIS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, G.E./NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Posts: 18,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansGolden View Post
That'd be one amazing use of a GPU!
I'm using a SWU for LHR-SFO-SYD in May. IIRC, I was able to book it with an 8~ hour connection in San Francisco, which will allow me to leave the airport, etc. Also used a SWU on the return and am only waiting for SFO-LHR to clear.. With the 777/77Q swaps, IM has been a lot tighter on award space, which saves them in the case that it's a 777 and then swaps to 77Q at the gate, which would see them downgrading people.
__________________
Thanks for the memories, UA | 4/5/1926-3/2/2012
Check out my Travel Blog | TSA Pre-Check for UA Passengers
FriendlySkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 12, 7:50 pm   #13
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles / Frankfurt, DE
Programs: UA1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 19,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
I'm using a SWU for LHR-SFO-SYD in May. IIRC, I was able to book it with an 8~ hour connection in San Francisco, which will allow me to leave the airport, etc. Also used a SWU on the return and am only waiting for SFO-LHR to clear.. With the 777/77Q swaps, IM has been a lot tighter on award space, which saves them in the case that it's a 777 and then swaps to 77Q at the gate, which would see them downgrading people.
Park Hyatt SYD?

I may be making a similar trip in August. Want to check out Hyatts in SYD, MEL, and Canbera.

Under SHARES, does one SWU still cover the whole trip?
__________________
Check out my travel blog at upgrd.com
MatthewLAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 12, 9:57 pm   #14
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Idaho
Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
Posts: 692
Cool itinerary
SiberianTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 12, 10:07 pm   #15
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lawrence, Kansas (FOE/MCI)
Programs: UA 1K/RCC, AA EXP BIS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, G.E./NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Posts: 18,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
Park Hyatt SYD?

I may be making a similar trip in August. Want to check out Hyatts in SYD, MEL, and Canbera.

Under SHARES, does one SWU still cover the whole trip?
Park Hyatt Canberra

The CO agent that answered when I called the 1K Desk says that he doesn't see any restriction on the use of a SWU. Hopefully that is still the case.
__________________
Thanks for the memories, UA | 4/5/1926-3/2/2012
Check out my Travel Blog | TSA Pre-Check for UA Passengers
FriendlySkies is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:54 am.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.